Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Got the hair done, looking good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Aul ones on my Facebook talking about having aged and wrinkly hands from hard work and grafting for years and how they're proud of their old aged wrinkled hands.

And then I look at mine, and the fact I have a shellac on nearly 4 weeks with not one crack or chip on any of my nails and I know if hard work and scrubbing pots make someone's hands old, mine will be immortal, since I do so little my polish doesn't even age

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Emptying the vacuum drum into dustbin after cleaning house from top to bottom!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Shinbin223

Good hair days- for someone who has thick, hard to manage hair these days are quite rare but when I do have them I tend to not want to wash my hair until it's almost manky coz I know when I wash it the good hair day/days will be gone!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

A local shop clearing the last of the summer shoes. I got a pair originally 32 down to 8. Sometimes having little size 3 feet can be an advantage!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Whocanibe

When the day turns out better than expected :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Recently bought a pair of snow boots in Lidl for €20. I was skeptical at them even fitting me as I have notoriously finicky feet when it comes to shoes/boots. I flit between a Men's UK sizes 10 or 11 so finding a decent pair of shoes is an expensive nightmare for me. I wasn't sold on the boots being sturdy enough to withstand the pounding of my lumbering, unbalanced gait but I popped them on me feet and not only do they fit like a dream, they are INSANELY comfortable and the soles are as reinforced as a pair of Docs. I'm absolutely delighted with them! They'll serve me well for when the weather turns to s'hite. :)

Libraries. The scent of books. This man has a dream job.
    Finding a quiet, isolated corner in a library and spending hours breathing in the scent of the books as I read. Timeless bliss. Therapy. Unwind. Escape. Peace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Spending a Sunday morning on the couch listening to Christmas music

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Belle E. Flops

Shannon757 wrote: »
    Spending a Sunday morning on the couch listening to Christmas music

Same :D.
    Some of the songs from Muppets Christmal Carol in particular just came on the playlist and are making me very happy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,992 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Some days technology lets you down ...other days it gets better. I've been having problems with the remote control for my DVR, which almost stopped working entirely. It's an old one, replacement parts are hard to find. So in desperation, today, I took it apart (without breaking it), wiped down the contacts on the board and the rubber it, and reassembled it. It's working like new again.

Oh, and to make my day even better: the touchpad on this laptop was broken but has just started working again. A couple of weeks ago I took it apart, reseated the wires as best I could, but it seemed to make no difference. The laptop could see it was there as a device, it just didn't do anything. Today, however, it's like there was never a problem. :cool:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Drunk me left a bar of chocolate on the nightstand for when I woke up, as well as water :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

Went to local pub this morning for coffee and toast........i don't sit at the bar but sit in view of barman. He asks fellas at the bar are they OK, they say they are.......and then barman retreats back to his cubbyhole again.....

So I leave go to petrol station across the road from pub.
    I buy myself large filter coffee (called 'medium') and nice creamy doughnut with icing ......all for €3.20

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Sunny Sunday mornings with a bit of early football to watch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

It's Steak Night and damnit, I'm gonna eat it right!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,586 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Libraries. The scent of books. This man has a dream job.
    Finding a quiet, isolated corner in a library and spending hours breathing in the scent of the books as I read. Timeless bliss. Therapy. Unwind. Escape. Peace.

Old books smell nicer , it's science.
    https://asset-0.soupcdn.com/asset/16054/4933_073b_724.png

This weather. Being cosy. Being able to wear knee high boots, capes, big huge hats, blanket scarves. I love it all. Mostly the boots though.

Also I'm listening to all my fav songs from 2003 on a playlist. Yay for cosy clothes, hot boots and good charlotte.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Staying in on a Saturday night instead of going out (getting old??). A roaring fire, a nice bottle of red, a movie and feet up on the sofa with the OH. Deadly :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

Jam sandwiches for dinner.

'Cos Im an adult and can do what I want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

I had an an acre of grass to cut today and ws worried about leaves from nearby trees. When I got there the wind had blown them all into one corner so it wad easy to pick them up. Also the feeling and sound of raking up leaves is great.

• Advertisement

RTÉ News at 9:
    When we come back we follow the President's visit to Vietnam.

Herself: "It's good he's going somewhere where he'll fit in."
    (after break, watching Micheál D.)
    Herself: "He's actually still smaller than everybody!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭The flying mouse

Going Home to Dublin for a break, even though I don't think I would live in Ireland again, It's nice to be going back for a holiday.

I'm living with my brother at the minute. I'm a chronically cold person and I'd happily leave the heating on all day every day. I'd get into a fireplace and sit at the back of the fire if it was possible.
    When I lived with my ex, he was a "put the heating on for an hour" kinda person.
    My brother loves the heat as much as I do. The house is like a constant oven and I love it. I go to bed, the house is warm. I get up, the house is warm.

Very happy

• Registered Users Posts: 9,780 ✭✭✭buried

Carrying crates of beer into your house on your day off work as its absolutely p!ssing rain outside

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Being able to give my parents a few bob when they are going off on their holidays. It's not often I sit back and think, "that's a benefit of having a job" but sometimes I do and it's a nice feeling. So much of our time and energy is caught up on budgeting and planning and generally being sensible with money, that it's nice to just be a little bit free with it every so often :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭This Fat Girl Runs

I graduated with a Diploma in HRM today. 20 years since I was last in college and I dropped out of that course in 3rd year. Feels great to finally get a parchment and wear a cap and gown!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

I graduated with a Diploma in HRM today. 20 years since I was last in college and I dropped out of that course in 3rd year. Feels great to finally get a parchment and wear a cap and gown!

Congratulations TFGR :D

• Registered Users Posts: 24,062 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

The wi-fi at the Lisbon web summit letting Paddy Cosgrave's down as he attempted a Facebook live broadcast.

I know that makes me a miserable negative begrudging Irish b@st@rd, but it gave me a fuzzy glow inside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Ninjini

OH made me a fabulous dinner AND bought me a slice of red velvet cake AND a slice of Oreo cheesecake!

I'm a lucky lady.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

Fair play to ya. Well done.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement