Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Cold and wet but the fire is on and a big pot of stew bubbling away on the cooker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

My dogs. I know I sound so lame but they make me unbelievably happy. The oldest dog is so kind and gentle and relaxed and he reminds me so much of my dad. Same temperament. Not comparing my dad to having dog qualities, but they have a lot in common.

Puppy is a little scamp. He's not even a puppy, he's 3 but he'll always be my puppy. He's hyper, needy, needs constant attention, has to get his own way all the time. If the older dog has a ball or a teddy, puppy will march right in and take it. If puppy likes big dogs dinner more, big dog lets him eat. There isn't a scrap of manners on him, he's so self indulged.

Still, both of them have lots of love. Sitting on the couch tonight watching tv and both of them laying in front of me, just looking at me, both wagging their tails.

When I stand in the kitchen making dinner, I feel like the president, with a bodyguard each side of me.

But what makes me happiest is how much they love each other. They have their own beds, side by side. Big bed for big dog. Little bed for puppy. But they only sleep on one. Sometimes the big dog will get into the little bed with the puppy or sometimes the puppy gets into the big bed with the big dog, but they never sleep alone. Tonight, they were in the small bed, big dog on his side, little dog on his back legs in the air, big dogs paw over him, both dogs noses touching.

My heart was melted, I'm so blessed. They're worth every cent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭nomdeboardie

My dogs. I know I sound so lame but they make me unbelievably happy. The oldest dog is so kind and gentle and relaxed and he reminds me so much of my dad. Same temperament. Not comparing my dad to having dog qualities, but they have a lot in common.

Puppy is a little scamp. He's not even a puppy, he's 3 but he'll always be my puppy. He's hyper, needy, needs constant attention, has to get his own way all the time. If the older dog has a ball or a teddy, puppy will march right in and take it. If puppy likes big dogs dinner more, big dog lets him eat. There isn't a scrap of manners on him, he's so self indulged.

Still, both of them have lots of love. Sitting on the couch tonight watching tv and both of them laying in front of me, just looking at me, both wagging their tails.

When I stand in the kitchen making dinner, I feel like the president, with a bodyguard each side of me.

But what makes me happiest is how much they love each other. They have their own beds, side by side. Big bed for big dog. Little bed for puppy. But they only sleep on one. Sometimes the big dog will get into the little bed with the puppy or sometimes the puppy gets into the big bed with the big dog, but they never sleep alone. Tonight, they were in the small bed, big dog on his side, little dog on his back legs in the air, big dogs paw over him, both dogs noses touching.

My heart was melted, I'm so blessed. They're worth every cent.
    :D
    Rightly or (probably) wrongly, I'm picturing 'puppy' as a Jack Russell :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

:D
    Rightly or (probably) wrongly, I'm picturing 'puppy' as a Jack Russell :pac:

Same as that :D JRT as puppy and golden retriever or lab as older. Come on Lex - put us out of our misery :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

This is definitely a 'pics or GTFO' situation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

I graduated with a Diploma in HRM today. 20 years since I was last in college and I dropped out of that course in 3rd year. Feels great to finally get a parchment and wear a cap and gown!

Congratulations! Where did you study it? Doing HRM myself :D

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭JohnRock

rain against the window when I have to study

maudgonner wrote: »
    This is definitely a 'pics or GTFO' situation.

Wary about making this thread chatty however, these are my fav pics and they definitely make me happy. You can see how much they loved each other from when puppy was actually a real puppy. Also see how much Santa loves them.
    https://s11.postimg.org/54931bqab/IMG_3771.jpg
    https://s11.postimg.org/s6zm0hrrn/IMG_3772.jpg
    https://s11.postimg.org/tnb4imuoj/IMG_3873.png
    https://s11.postimg.org/efv4ya2tv/IMG_3875.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Omg they're adorable!

Doggy pics make me happy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

The Bing daily wallpaper, I'm like a child waiting to see what today's one is going to be:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭This Fat Girl Runs

Today I finally, at long last made my last payment on a 30k+ debt I've been paying off for the last 9ish years. (Background here: if you're interested) What a weight off my shoulders!

I miscalculated and thought I'd have it paid back in the summer. But now that it's done and paid off...it feels flippin' amazing. I think....I think I am going to cry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Today I finally, at long last made my last payment on a 30k+ debt I've been paying off for the last 9ish years. (Background here: if you're interested) What a weight off my shoulders!

I miscalculated and thought I'd have it paid back in the summer. But now that it's done and paid off...it feels flippin' amazing. I think....I think I am going to cry.

Fair play to you and congratulations :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

Lexis Pics and TFGR's posts! Wouldn't it make a person'so day better? ☺

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Little dogs wearing jackets :D

Wary about making this thread chatty however, these are my fav pics and they definitely make me happy. You can see how much they loved each other from when puppy was actually a real puppy. Also see how much Santa loves them.
    https://s11.postimg.org/54931bqab/IMG_3771.jpg
    https://s11.postimg.org/s6zm0hrrn/IMG_3772.jpg
    https://s11.postimg.org/tnb4imuoj/IMG_3873.png
    https://s11.postimg.org/efv4ya2tv/IMG_3875.jpg
    :eek: You speak the truth :D
    + Adorable mini-me situation :pac:

Oops suppose I such justify derailment, so
    *doggies make me happy*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

When someone's being loud and obnoxious, talking over someone else who's making sense. It's pissing you off. You don't want to tell them to be quiet out of politeness..

Then someone comes straight out and tells to shut the the fuuck up. Taking the words out of your mouth. So satisfying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

seeing people treat their dogs like dogs should be treated!it's a nice change from the ill treatment you see on fb and the likes!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

My little cat is a wild yoke. She's finally calming down and coming looking for rubs and cuddles. It's nice to get greeted by that instead of her jumping all about the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

There's a lady who lives in a village I drive through regularly who doesn't have much garden space around her house. So instead she has planted flower beds along the verge of the road opposite.

So instead of just one person getting pleasure from her garden, hundreds and thousands of people do, as it's a busy main road with lots of traffic. And she's very good, even at this time of the year it's bursting with colour. A lovely way to cheer up people's days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

I met the most adorable Samoyed doggo tied up outside my local super market. He/She was so friendly and was eager for pets. I love Samoyeds. Best breed of dog ever!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Two things making me happy. First my new book, LexieOnRale might like it, Monty Don's book about the dogs in his life.

Second, some time ago I was trying to look up someone on Twitter. I found a person of the same name, and started reading his tweets. He is hilarious, the language is rough, but he sounds like a right craic. Whenever I want a laugh I look up the page. I never found the person for whom I originally searched!

80s music. I just got into it again this week when I heard the Thompson Twins Hold Me Now. Fantastic music. It really was a distinctive decade in terms of music and then you look at the videos and snigger at, for instance, the big head of hair on Howard Jones and remember that it was once a super fashionable head of hair.

The memories.

A bit vicarious, but here’s a dog that who makes Conan O’Brien happy (skip to ~2.35 if impatient; required phrase “makes me happy” at ~2.55) :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

My sister changed her whatsapp photo to one of her and her baby and she just looks so happy in it, her and her hubby have really just been on cloud 9 since he arrived :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

I am reliving my childhood thru my own 6 year old. Buying a Stormtrooper birthday cake was the highlight of my day. So far.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

It's Pizza night in the Boomer household tonight.

Pizza Pizza Pizza Pizza Pizza Pizza Pizza Pizza Pizza Pizza

When your friend is hormonal at the same time as you and you both need lots of bad food so you don't feel like a massive beast on your own when you're eating pancakes and ice cream for breakfast

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Olishi4

I got really happy today thinking of different ways and ideas so that we can extend the kitchen to the back of the house and make a new spare sitting room. I have no money to actually do this, that's why the happiness is trivial :)

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Spudgun

McChubbin wrote: »
    I met the most adorable Samoyed doggo tied up outside my local super market. He/She was so friendly and was eager for pets. I love Samoyeds. Best breed of dog ever!
    I'mcuddling my Samoyed :D he's a real ball of floof and love

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Happily munching on Cornflakes. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement