Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

The Cork Film Festival is on so am going to chance some of the foreign films for a change. Looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭JohnRock

ben and jerrys cookie and dough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Being the tallest

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭zeroliner

Getting in home after being drenched, putting the heat on, changing into your comfy clothes & pouring yourself a baileys, on a FRIDAY :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

zeroliner wrote: »
    , on a FRIDAY :D

Wait what?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Singing at the top of my voice to one of my favourite songs (Senses working overtime by XTC) while cooking the dinner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Four Phucs Ache

Blew my nose HARD and my ears popped.

Didn't know I was near deaf for a week or maybe more.

It's like my ears just got updated !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Watching a Royle Family Xmas special and doubled over laughing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Buying my sis who's abroad a tv, cos the one she has is shyte and takes ages to "warm up"

I was just outside there and the calm and quiet is lovely. Also weather is not too cold.

• Advertisement

Went to dunnes grocery shopping, looking like a homeless tramp. No makeup, messy bun, 3/4 leggings and a hoodie. Basically looking like I rolled out of bed.
    The older checkout lady is checking my stuff out, and she gets to my kopperberg. "Have you any ID?" She asked. I have my old age card in my purse and I laughed handing it over. She looked at me again and laughing saying gosh you have a baby face. I laughed and told her how old I was, 28. Now we're getting to the part that made me trivially happy. "Wow, usually at 28 there would be little tell tale signs, like around the eyes, but your face is absolutely flawless". Absolutely chuffed and in no mood to stop this ego stroking session I asked her, what age would you have thought I was? "19, I would say. And that's giving you the benefit of the doubt!"

Well I tell you, I skipped out of the shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

Eating a cheese sandwich.

Opening my own front door tomorrow after working away for a few weeks. My own bed, kitchen, shower, food, and all my stuff. Can't wait.

Especially for my own bed. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

Sitting in my house...peace and quiet....and then recalling the total hell that was endured living in my last house as the neighbours kicked seven colours out of each other on a regular basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

seeing my little brother happy out after finally getting the keys to his new home!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

Nivea sun cream. My mother always used it when we were kids, now anytime I use it I get a massive nostalgia hit and a warm fuzzy feeling remembering my summer holidays as a kid.

Being up and ready to go super early and not having to worry about rushing. School here I come.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

Shannon757 wrote: »
    Being up and ready to go super early and not having to worry about rushing. School here I come.

Such dedication at a young age. That makes me TH!

Such dedication at a young age. That makes me TH!

I made someone TH. That makes me more TH.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,137 ✭✭✭dinneenp

KingBrian2 wrote: »
    Eating a cheese sandwich.

eating a simple sandwich indeed. I'd normally get one with 'the works' but sometimes nice to have a simple ham, cheese sandwich. With less stuff in it you taste what's in it more/taste the cheese and ham.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Charlie Charolais

apples

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

There's a place beside where I work that does a really nice, simple toasted sandwich and soup. Usually I try to be good and bulk buy salad and rolls etc on a Monday and make up my own lunches until Thursday, but occasionally I will go to this place and splash out a fiver. I don't know why but when I get my sandwich all wrapped up in a little paper bag and my bowl of soup, I feel so grateful and overwhelmed that I tear up! The first time it happened I put it down to PMT but it happens every time I go there. I just get this rush of gratitude and feel so fortunate to be given this food. I'm sure the girl working there think I am insane, literally crying over my sandwich. It's mortifying as well as making me trivially happy :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

3yrs of using a smartphone and I've just discovered how to get emojis up on Boards. Waaaaheeey:):)

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Was in the bike shop with the kiddies over the weekend and there was a lady there with a dog. She told the kids they can pet the dog which was awesome as they love animals.
    Then the dog started jumping all over me playing with me (no lipstick) and the lady was showing the kids how to get the dog to do tricks.

It it was great to meet someone who encouraged the kids and showed the kids how to play with their pet and was extremely positive about it.

The song "kiss the girl" from the little mermaid makes me super super happy

Edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXmLRHnoSAs&sns=em

There's the video for anyone else that needs happy thoughts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

Snowballs and Rancheros

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Tom_Barry

Day off tomorrow. I love midweek days off, so relaxing when the world is going about their business and I'm just chilling.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 bubblebear

my lotsobear!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

Lemon Curd in porridge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

A run of good tunes on the radio on your way into work.

1) Pour Some Sugar On Me - Def Leppard
    2) Fool's Gold - Stone Roses
    3) Keep On Rockin' in the Free World - Neil Young

Productivity up by at least 33% :cool:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement