Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

boombang wrote: »
    When you see drivers being helpful to each other, letting one out and flashing the ambers in return to say thanks. The courtesy in anonymous situation is heartening.

This, hugely. I drive a lot so not just manners but kindness on the road matter enormously.

Dealz. I never thought I'd be enthused about a mere shop but it has everything at the right price. The feeling that I've saved a fortune on toothpaste, soap, mouthwash and everything else is lovely. Aside from their undoubtedly enormous contribution to Type 2 Diabetes in Ireland in the next 10 years, those shops are overflowing with nicknacks, lovely gifts and everything. The one in Stillorgan was a wonderland for the Nollaig this morning. My favourite is going in every Christmas and buying loads and loads of lovely things and putting them in baskets (bought on ebay or the like), dressing them up and giving them as fancy Christmas hampers. It saves me hundreds of hard-earned euro for a product that is easily just as good quality as the hampers you buy in the shop. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

Looking at my 8 year old kid really looking after her dog. She had to wait years for that dog and now takes the time to make sure he's walked, fed, watered and played with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Belle E. Flops

Wandering around a shop today looking at all the Christmas decorations and everyone seemed to be in such a good mood. Everyone was chatting away to eachother in the shop.

Also bought my dogs their squeaky Christmas presents and I can't wait to give them to them on Christmas morning!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Getting an old family heirloom chair re-upholstered. Should be good for another 30 years or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

My daughter getting so excited when I showed her a Video of Santa arriving to Blanchardstown Shopping Centre by Helicopter.

I found out yesterday she needs more surgery unfortunately so her reaction to Santy brightened my day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Four Phucs Ache

Im home alone for the past 2 hours which is extremely rare so had my favourite music on LOUD while rooting in places that normally involves 100 questions

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

I took my little baby on her first shopping trip today :)

I was sitting on the train earlier. There were three older people beside me and one was reading a book I love, Brooklyn by Colm Toibin. Says I, "that's a lovely book". That was the beginning of all four of us having a lovely chat with a lot of laughing. It's amazing how people will open up when you show some interest in them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Im home alone for the past 2 hours which is extremely rare so had my favourite music on LOUD while rooting in places that normally involves 100 questions

Genuinely what I came to this thread to post about. I have a free house so the neighbours are getting a good blast of qotsa discography :D

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭zeroliner

Cheese pretzels from Marks and Spencers :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Spending time with someone who loves you even knowing your faults

1. Practicing singing with a Jamaican accent. I'm obsessed with kiss the girl song from the little mermaid. Because i don't live with my ex anymore there's nobody to discourage me :D love it

2. There's a rave night next sat night with a load of really naff djs playing over 2 floors. It'll be like 2006 again! Neon, glostix, uv face paint! I am trying to convince my friends to come.
    And if we can't get in I'm sure we can stand outside wearing Fred Perry stripy jumpers white tracksuit bottoms and a baseball cap with the peak pointing to the sky with a bottle of devils bit. :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I was within a split second of spreading my wife's face cream all over my hair as I thought it was my hair gel!
    Just copped it as my hand just hovered about my head with the incorrect payload! :D

Had to laugh.

My dogs make me happy. They are refusing to go outside today, but are blaming me for the weather. They stand at the door whining, I open the door and a blast of air freezes us as we stand there. The puppy is content with staying in, but big dog is annoyed. He stands at the door barking at me. It's not my fault doggie, go back to bed. I'm going to have to get them coats.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭s4uv3

Was in a deli getting a sandwich. When I got to the till I ended up being 40c short and said to the lady "hang on till I go to an atm".
    She says "don't be daft, go enjoy your sandwich and put the 40c in a charity box next time you pass one <3

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

YES. Caught a mouse. Spotted him this morning in the sitting room. Put down 2 traps. He cleaned one without tripping it. He tripped the second and managed to get out but he was hurt. Just found him dead about a foot from the trap.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Tea and chocolate biscuits.

Coming in from a walk with your face all tingly to a big roaring lump of a fire

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

I made a big pot of stew and it was clean plates all round..delicious even if I say so myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

Helping kids with writing their letters to Santa. The excitement and novelty is so warming on a freezing evening like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

I had to do some calculations in work today involving length of service.

For the craic, i put my date of birth into the formula and todays date to see how many days I have been alive

All year, when asked how old I am, I responded with "36". All year.....allllll this year I was convinced I was 36.

Im not.....im 35. How the fcuk did I get that wrong?!

So, im weirdly happy that Im not turning 37 next year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Dragged my lazy hole off the couch to go for a run at 7. Now I'm lying on the couch all showered and delighted I went and ran the weekend out of myself

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

kfallon wrote: »
    Dragged my lazy hole off the couch to go for a run at 7. Now I'm lying on the couch all showered and delighted I went and ran the weekend out of myself

Something similar for me, but just went to do some weights. Got rid of the lingering hangover I had :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Being told I don't look my age. I never get tired of hearing it. Vain, I know!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

madmaggie wrote: »
    Being told I don't look my age. I never get tired of hearing it. Vain, I know!

Someone told me I looked in my 20s lately. I can only imagine he had consumed a lot of beverages. Still feels nice though :o

Peanut butter and jam sandwiches

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Electric blanket + jersey sheets & duvet cover = cosy bed heaven

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Getting away

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Making a teenage manspreader on the bus move by pushing right back :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Olishi4

After a few driving lessons, I'm still not quite road worthy yet but I'm happy to say that I'm at least at a stage where in the event of some kind of apocalyptic emergency that I could get from a to b in the car if I had to.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 393 ✭✭Mortpourvelo

Buying beer in Dunnes - normally the cashier just swipes and clicks on the "Clearly Over 25" button.

Last night - she checked!!! Woo hooo!!!!

Fair warms a 46 year old's heart that!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement