Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Black Friday sales. I'm going to take 1500 out of my savings, and I'm going to really enjoy guilt free shopping.
    20% off asos and office
    30-35% off The Loop (makeup and perfume)
    30% off Freddy jeans
    Just waiting for missguided to tempt me now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 393 ✭✭Mortpourvelo

Black Friday sales. I'm going to take 1500 out of my savings, and I'm going to really enjoy guilt free shopping.
    20% off asos and office
    30-35% off The Loop (makeup and perfume)
    30% off Freddy jeans
    Just waiting for missguided to tempt me now.

Ah go for it!!!!

30-35% at the Loop ? Am flying tonight - wonder if they have the offers now ?!!

Ah go for it!!!!

30-35% at the Loop ? Am flying tonight - wonder if they have the offers now ?!!

They do online anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

When you list something on ebay and your phone goes mad buzzing with the bidding in the first hour.
    Keerching!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

DPD courier called me this evening. 2 mins later he was in my yard. How did he find me so quick?
    The Eircode!
    Nice to see someone using something thats not totally useless. It might have cost €40mill but it does work if you use it. Other couriers take note. Dropping packages in nearby shops etc. isn't good enough.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭The flying mouse

Today for a moment I got a great feeling for Christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Helping my sisters get their kids' Xmas pressies online, I get them great savings, and they pay me in the New Year. I love helping out my family.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

I had to do some calculations in work today involving length of service.

For the craic, i put my date of birth into the formula and todays date to see how many days I have been alive

All year, when asked how old I am, I responded with "36". All year.....allllll this year I was convinced I was 36.

Im not.....im 35. How the fcuk did I get that wrong?!

So, im weirdly happy that Im not turning 37 next year.

I am though :( Not that there is any difference between 36 and 37 - both mid thirties :P

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

Today has been a good day

I found my bank card (along with 15e) which has been missing for the past 2 weeks!

Hubby irreparably split the backside of one of his favourite pairs of trousers today. I'm after getting an identical pair online in the sale at 20% off and free delivery!

I'm after jinxing up my shoulder (not so TH) but I currently have my shoulder strapped up and as a result have exemplary posture.

Helping the children write their santa letters with Christmas FM in the background. Singing goofily along to 'Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer'.

An excellent school report from the parent - teacher meeting.

Baby smiles.

A warm fire and a comfy bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Rogueish wrote: »
    Today has been a good day

I found my bank card (along with 15e) which has been missing for the past 2 weeks!

Hubby irreparably split the backside of one of his favourite pairs of trousers today. I'm after getting an identical pair online in the sale at 20% off and free delivery!

I'm after jinxing up my shoulder (not so TH) but I currently have my shoulder strapped up and as a result have exemplary posture.

Helping the children write their santa letters with Christmas FM in the background. Singing goofily along to 'Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer'.

An excellent school report from the parent - teacher meeting.

Baby smiles.

A warm fire and a comfy bed.

You really sound like a happy chappy.....or chappette :)

• Advertisement

Again darts related for me but been dreading the match my local had tonight but won my singles and doubles (thanks to team-mate for doubles). No longer TH - am VH at the minute......running round like a kid on sugar lol

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

TH - coffee. All the coffee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Belle E. Flops

Gilmore Girls is back today! Can't wait to watch it! Happy happy happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Tom_Barry

It's Friday! I have beers and a chinese on the way:D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Tom_Barry wrote: »
    It's Friday! I have beers and a chinese on the way:D

Far East gigolo? :confused:

:pac:

Overheard in Dublin hospital today:
    Foreign female nurse (taking notes): how many children do you have?
    Foreign male patient: One.
    Foreign nurse: Have more!

Also Filipino nurse having the banter with Dublin porters sauntering around the place whistling while pushing trolleys and wheelchairs and ending every sentence to them with the word "love". hehe.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Tom_Barry

kfallon wrote: »
    Far East gigolo? :confused:

:pac:

Spooky - Name of the establishment is the Far East!!

No Gigolos for me :pac:

1. New bed clothes. Today I bought new pillows, new sheets, new duvet protector and new pjs. My entire bed is so comfy. I am hipibg I get the best night sleep of my life.

2. I gave my dogs some of my old pillows. A pillow each. Both of them seem delighted. The puppy climbed on top of his and didn't want to even get up for his dinner. Big dogs more cultured and knows that's where his head goes.

3. My whole life seems to be pink at the min. I'm back in my old room, silver/grey and pink, lamps pink, candles are pink, pjs are punk, socks are pink. I look around my room and different pink things keep catching my eye. Pink makes me happy

• Registered Users Posts: 19,603 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

1. New bed clothes. Today I bought new pillows, new sheets, new duvet protector and new pjs. My entire bed is so comfy. I am hipibg I get the best night sleep of my life.

2. I gave my dogs some of my old pillows. A pillow each. Both of them seem delighted. The puppy climbed on top of his and didn't want to even get up for his dinner. Big dogs more cultured and knows that's where his head goes.

3. My whole life seems to be pink at the min. I'm back in my old room, silver/grey and pink, lamps pink, candles are pink, pjs are punk, socks are pink. I look around my room and different pink things keep catching my eye. Pink makes me happy

https://youtu.be/ZfbBqBOSXlU

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭Miss Demeanour

That I am so gonna lie in tomorrow morning.....yeah.....9 o clock here I come.

• Advertisement

Driving past a building and seeing the lease agreed sign on it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Four Phucs Ache

The staff in the local SuperValu must have been listening to the Costa coffee machine service agent on how to clean the internals properly as the coffee I have in my hand right now is as good as any over the counter coffee I've ever had.

My 23-month-old is going to waddle in to see me in the next hour. We haven't seen each other for two sleeps, my longest time not to see her, and her routine is broken so she went nuts (in an excited way) on the phone a few minutes ago when she heard my voice. We have great chats - I use the word loosely - so I'm looking forward to her divilment and roguery.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Staying on the baby topic..I was babysitting a 2 year old since yesterday..he's just gone home and I'm wrecked but he's the happiest,funniest little person ever and I miss him already.The innocence of children makes me really happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

Even making eye contact with a baby or toddler while shopping and getting a grin from them would make your day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Also, a small child making faces at me, then I make faces back. Mad carry on for a "mature" woman!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Reuniting odd socks after 2 loads of washing!

A nice walk on the beach. It's not so much cold as it is fresh. Couple of mouthfuls of that fresh air and I feel about 10 years younger.

A man wearing snickers pants was a bit flirty while we were in Woodies today.
    The OH, not to be outdone, is bringing me to see bad Santa later before we have our last night in the BEST hotel ever.

Snickers pants and bad Santa = Sunday funday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,786 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Turned up at the swimming pool last Friday evening.....only one person in it.:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement