Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,962 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

I was driving a long journey yesterday hitting patches of bad fog which would then clear up until we hit the next dip or coastal area. The driver in front of me of course hit the foglamps as soon as we hit the first fog, then, when we came out of it, he / she switched off them off again!!!

Didn't they know they were entitled to drive around at least a full fortnight after the fog with the foglights still blazing? The joy of driving behind someone who knew foglights were for fog only was a first and it made a tiring journey so much easier and more enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I'm a bit unwell today and it was really warm on the Luas this morning. Somehow, and incredibly embarrassingly, I managed to faint. Vision went all blurry and next thing I knew I was coming to on the floor.

A woman helped me up, got me a seat, force fed me some chocolate and told me to put my head between my legs. I felt much better, but more than anything I was touched by the kindness of it. I think I'd panic and wouldn't know what to be doing but she was straight in there to help. Other people around were offering me water and making sure I was ok. It was absolutely mortifying in the extreme, but yeah, the kindness of strangers makes me happy.

I'm fine. Probably should be in bed though instead of work. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

A newborn baby snuggling into my shoulder and not puking down my back.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭zeroliner

A proper, big, dirty sleep. I'm talking 8 hours +

ooh yes

Just bought my dogs Christmas tutus for them to wear on Xmas day when we open Santas presents. Can't wait to see them in their tutus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,472 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Just bought my dogs Christmas tutus for them to wear on Xmas day when we open Santas presents. Can't wait to see them in their tutus

Pics. expected of course.........

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Realising that the 500 person queue to get into the station is for the tube only, not national rail when that's what you're getting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Ninjini

Our newborn daughter being a complete diva and having everyone wrapped around her tiny finger. Blissfully sleeping in my arms giving little hints of a smile. Heart melting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Having nowhere to go and nothing to do. On a dreary afternoon that makes me TH.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Going out later and don't have to get up for work tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,343 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Being on holidays from work from last fridayvto January 4th

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭SuperS54

Taking a Ferris from work, nothing better as long as you have the right type of boss!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Winterlong wrote: »
    Knowing that this is my last monday at work until the 9th January!

I'm off Jan 9! Weekend in Paris for my bday!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Finally got a date to move home. Am going to festoon the place with festive lights as soon as I'm unpacked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

mansize wrote: »
    I'm off Jan 9! Weekend in Paris for my bday!

Happy Birthday, Happy Birthday.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

When nobody else likes the strawberry ones from the Roses but they're your faves!

KingBrian2 wrote: »
    Happy Birthday, Happy Birthday.

January

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

My car is fixed after being off the road since last Thursday. I can go and get all the heavy shopping now, instead of walking to the shops for dribs and drabs. It is actually sad how happy that is making me!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

fussyonion wrote: »
    When nobody else likes the strawberry ones from the Roses but they're your faves!

My husband's family are like that with the Quality Street - more strawberry ones for me over the holidays! :D

The fire. If I could curl up on the stove like a cat, I would.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Funderland! Got a free all access ticket for tonight. The inner child will be released.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Funderland! Got a free all access ticket for tonight. The inner child will be released.

Scratch that. It was a nightmare. Noisy bright and sticky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

Scratch that. It was a nightmare. Noisy bright and sticky.

Yeh and the older you get, the more you get to notice the rusty screws and reconsider just how safe jigsaw puzzle rides can really be :P

Happy that I bought a dress on holidays, not my normal style but liked it nonethless, got home and realised it's a bit dull for me and would really only suit work or a funeral. Wore it to work and have had loads of compliments on it already!

Also going for lunch today and not going to come back to work. Sweet!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭4Ad

Waking up this morning with no hangover feels great !! I had a work party last night..and ended being a taxi driver then..

I received a card today from the girls I used to manage. It read something like "congratulations on your new adventure. We miss you. Your team are very blessed to have you as their mentor."

Aww man :( they were my first team I ever managed and they drove me mad half the time but I'm so touched and so happy that they thought enough of me to send me good wishes 4 months after leaving.

Beaming all day

1. Moved back in with the fellit.
    2. Bought lots of things.
    3. Now own a pink fluffy mermaid blanket and a top that reads "sorry not sorry". Life = content
    4. Had Chinese for dinner.
    5. Have new pjs for tonight.

It's my dad's anniversary tonight, and I'm happy I'm doing better than I thought I would.

Good day over all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

Lexie should write a book.

Meeting old college friends

Reading the posts in this thread makes me TH. In a world full of negativity, it's nice. Must balance this out with a post on the TA thread now:-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,342 ✭✭✭mojesius

Sitting in with my dog, bottle of red wine and last of the mohicans is on the telly!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement