Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

A cut lawn, flowerbeds free of weeds and a cold beer waiting in the fridge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

This is a really, really petty one, but if you had my neighbours you would understand. Our next door neighbours on either side are Hellish for parties. The alky cat hating ones next door often party til the early hours and because we are decent quiet living people they were always able to sleep it off without being woken up, despite having kept us awake half the night with parties.

Well, they've had a young couple in their 20's who love to party move in next door to them and they are far from quiet. The real kicker is the bitch knows them and their families and is the sort who will just put up with it, saying nothing and quietly seething about it. If it were us she'd be banging the door down to complain. Honestly, the woman is a fcuking nightmare, so seeing them being kept awake makes me very, very happy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

Cutting into freshly baked bread from your mum's oven and having it with a steamin mug of strong hot tea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

The thread about trivial things that annoy you makes me happy. I'm conflicted about which one this sentiment should be posted in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

Merging threads!

I thought merging threads was a trivial thing that made you happy.
    Slightly disappointed now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

That stuff will kill ya. :)

Finding perfectly ripened locally grown nectarines. :D
    ok. I suppose I should try and improve my diet for the boards meetup so I look the part. Whatever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭Jamaican Me Crazy

Looking forward to a date with my little dude this evening. Taking him to Smyths and then going for ice cream

When a thread is declared abandoned by another OP, and is not locked or closed. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Any key?

A really nice cup of tea

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

Aglomerado wrote: »
    A cut lawn, flowerbeds free of weeds and a cold beer waiting in the fridge.

Or a glass of chilled wine! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Relief is a wonderful feeling.

Without going into too much detail, my partner exhibited a worrying medical problem a few days ago and I stupidly Googled his symptoms and of course, was terrified it was the big C.

I spent the last few days with what I can only describe as this big ball of tension in my stomach.
    Have you had it?

It feels like an actual knot of worry in the pit of your stomach and you can't shake it.
    I made an appointment for him today but all yesterday and this morning I was so worried. I couldn't eat a morsel of food.

I went shopping this morning and I became sweaty and shaky in the supermarket.
    I was clammy, my legs were trembling and I felt absolutely horrible.
    It was the worry.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, he saw the doctor and after a chat and some tests and questions, everything is fine.
    That ball of tension disappeared when we left the surgery.

Headed to the shop for some milk and everything seemed brighter.
    The sky seemed bluer, the people around me...I just wanted to hug them all.

I came home and had a slice of toast and a cup of tea and you know what?
    It was the nicest thing I'd ever eaten.

Relief is blessed.

I just came here to post "tea and toast before bed" but your tea and toast sound such better.

Glad everything worked out for you fussyonion. I know the feeling well :)

I just came here to post "tea and toast before bed" but your tea and toast sound such better.

Glad everything worked out for you fussyonion. I know the feeling well :)

Thank you whoopsa..it was awful. Absolutely awful.
    And you're right, tea and toast before bed is also beautiful! :)

fussyonion wrote: »
    Thank you whoopsa..it was awful. Absolutely awful.
    And you're right, tea and toast before bed is also beautiful! :)

I'm glad it worked out FO, there's nothing more frightening than fearing for someone's health. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

When I see my dog sitting on the window and waiting for me to come back home. He always jumps off and runs to a door when I fully parked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 SkunkyDoodle

When I lay my head beside my cat when she's lying down and she purrs really loudly, puts her paw on my face and just looks into my eyes. Makes my heart melt :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

Sweet mother of jesus I just had the yummiest wrap. Taco sauce, gooey cheese and mushy chicken. Nom nom nom :D

the birds that come into my garden every day for their bread and the fact they are using the birdbath now too.
    Love watching them have a little drink and splash around. I get all Disney inside :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭takamichinoku

When I lay my head beside my cat when she's lying down and she purrs really loudly, puts her paw on my face and just looks into my eyes. Makes my heart melt :)
    When I was about 11 we had a cat that purred wildly if you made any sort of physical contact with you at all, would run right over to you and start purring wildly. I got it into my head that this meant she was receiving sexual gratification off me and was terrified to be near her.

Why on earth am I posting this?

Uhm... Croissants! I like croissants, they make me happy and would be hard pushed to be any more trivial.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

Jake1 wrote: »
    the birds that come into my garden every day for their bread and the fact they are using the birdbath now too.
    Love watching them have a little drink and splash around. I get all Disney inside :o

Hate to sh!t on your buzz there but bread is awfully bad for birds. Bird seed is very very cheap to buy if you really like having them around

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

It's raining outside and I'm at home, indoors with my feet up, and it's Friday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Gongoozler wrote: »
    Hate to sh!t on your buzz there but bread is awfully bad for birds. Bird seed is very very cheap to buy if you really like having them around
    +1
    Lidl are good for seed, nuts and "Fat balls" :D coming into winter months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

When I was about 11 we had a cat that purred wildly if you made any sort of physical contact with you at all, would run right over to you and start purring wildly. I got it into my head that this meant she was receiving sexual gratification off me and was terrified to be near her.

Uhm... Croissants! I like croissants, they make me happy and would be hard pushed to be any more trivial.

One of our cats spends most of his time sprawled on his back and he'll stretch himself out to me with big smiley eyes to come over and pet him. He always melts my heart and makes me smile, especially when I think back to the state he was in last year when he first showed up in our back yard. He was all matted and half starved, now he's well upholstered and happy:)

LynnGrace wrote: »
    It's raining outside and I'm at home, indoors with my feet up, and it's Friday!

My boss told me to take today to myself because I've worked late all week :)

I woke up early and cleaned my place from top to bottom, changed my bedding and did all my laundry, and went back to bed for a snooze. Heaven!

You're supposed to only tell the above tall tale at the next beer meetup I come to. Otherwise you'll sound like everybody else there.

T

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

Finished work til munday:-)

I thought feeding them brown granary type bread would be ok, but nope, yizzer all right.

Ill get them proper birdseed tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭berrygood

Remembering to buy junk food when out and about. I now have yummies!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭LizzieJones

berrygood wrote: »
    Remembering to buy junk food when out and about. I now have yummies!

Just finished my junk food. I'm happy. :)

Jake1 wrote: »
    This reminded me of one for me

When I see birds walking about and am reminded they're descendents of dinosaurs, I start imagining them as stupid little dinosaurs and it amuses me no end.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

Free pens

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭LizzieJones

A late nap. See you all later!

A late nap. See you all later!

Sweet dreams Liz, I had a nap earlier and woke up a new woman. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Free pens
    My stepdad bought me a pen shaped like a velociraptor. It's AWESOME.
    Also on topic: It's the night before Dublin Comic Con and I'm as excited as a kid at Christmas!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Unexpected good friends. Met this guy out one night last summer, it was what it was, random kiss and we swapped numbers. I put my name as "surprise!" In his phone that night and he still hasn't changed it.

He's become one of my best friends, we talk every single day, I can tell him anything and we just get on so well.

ANYWAY, I've had a rough week, and to cheer me up he finally agreed to let me give him an 'intimate' wax. He text me after I went home to tell me how special I am to him, how he's happy he met me and how hell never do anything that may jeprodise our friendship, despite how much he likes me.

Now I feel all sappy and happy and squishy and hormonal. Super good friends make me super happy, especially since it was a completely by chance we even ended up meeting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Unexpected good friends. Met this guy out one night last summer, it was what it was, random kiss and we swapped numbers. I put my name as "surprise!" In his phone that night and he still hasn't changed it.

He's become one of my best friends, we talk every single day, I can tell him anything and we just get on so well.

ANYWAY, I've had a rough week, and to cheer me up he finally agreed to let me give him an 'intimate' wax. He text me after I went home to tell me how special I am to him, how he's happy he met me and how hell never do anything that may jeprodise our friendship, despite how much he likes me.

Now I feel all sappy and happy and squishy and hormonal. Super good friends make me super happy, especially since it was a completely by chance we even ended up meeting.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Starrseed

The smell of fresh cut grass on a sunny day.

Waking up and realising you've beaten your body alarm and got an hours extra sleep.

Terrible 80s films

Finishing work early.

Beer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 354 ✭✭agent graves

emptying the pockets of the washing and finding money in them.. score.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Hotfail.com

Really really bad songs from the early-to-mid 2000s.

"Let's Get it Started" by the Black Eyed Peas, choonage.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 6 AzureRaven

Coffee or tea at any time of the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

NAMA is taking legal steps to investigate a multi-million euro New York property deal involving the wife and son of bust developer Sean Dunne. :)
    http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/nama-probes-killileas-36m-us-property-deal-30494750.html

Athlone train station has a load of certificates on the walls for getting fourth place in the iarnród éireann best station awards a few times in the 90s. I like that, I don't know why.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Fat Christy

Athlone train station has a load of certificates on the walls for getting fourth place in the iarnród éireann best station awards a few times in the 90s. I like that, I don't know why.

It probably got those certs for getting people out of Athlone. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Aurelia Cotta

Walking outside on a cool night and gazing at the moon or stars, sitting by the river and reading with my boyfriend, collecting hordes of purple rocks for my garden, watching my flowers bloom.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

Time alone having a beer

• Advertisement

Time alone having a beer

Leaving Cert results are out soon enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Mugatuu

Fresh bed sheets.

Finding sentimental things you have kept from primary / secondary school.

Coffee with a fry

The smell of the bakery in SuperValu as you walk in the door

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Sitting down to a good movie.
    Fresh bread.
    New socks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 412 ✭✭better call saul

Gentlemen, a moments silence for our brother in the friendzone

Do you normally wax you friends?!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement