Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭CPSW

Changed jobs a few months back, now doing something different from what I had been doing the past 14 years but still in the same industry. 

Finishing up for Christmas today knowing I won't have the same anxious feeling I've always have about returning to a very busy few days after Stephen's Day resulting in working late for the next week until after New Years, makes me happy that I made the decision to make the change and can enjoy my days off.

Happy Christmas! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Being off until January 16th :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

House clean top to bottom.
    Windows cleaned inside and out.
    Presents all bought.
    Flowers ordered for our house and my mums house.
    Can finally relax and start enjoying things.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

I had a really yucky day so my son put Elf on the chromecast streaming yokiemabobbie so I can watch it on the telly. It's my favourite movie <3

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

My mood has flipped. Was gifted a bottle of wine and let off one of my bills. On a high now and once I finish work I can relax. Am looking froward to buying more Christmas food too :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Belle E. Flops

Got my holidays today. All presents are wrapped and cards written, I'm watching Home Alone and later on I'm going for a few drinks with my best friend that I haven't seen in ages. Great start to Christmas. Feeling right festive :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,786 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Sitting down right now watching some mildly entertaining concert on BBC 2 N.Ireland, laptop on my knee, reading Boards, glass of brandy & Baileys with ice alongside me....... what more could a man ask for? Bliss.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Brandy and Bailey's is my Christmas drink of choice. I bought a lovely three wick scented candle and have the lights up too. Everything feels right for the first time in ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Bottle of red ,tub of roses,fire blazing and watching a programme about the army..wondering if my plan to hit the shops early will actually happen..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Taking off my Jammies to crawl into bed naked. Sleeping with no Jammies is the best sleep, feeling the sheets on my skin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

An former friend invited my to her house. I went thinking "if this one says one word...". She made a real effort to reconcile, and so did I. Real Christmas spirit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭learn_more

I love being by myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

Happy Christmas Eve, Eve.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

Just gave the car a good vacuuming for the trip home tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

I've dresses my baby up as a penguin :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

New soft socks. The chenille ones for bed. Only I'm not in bed and I'm wearing them. And they're snug.

A KitKat and a cup of tea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

IM FINALLY FINISHED FOR CHRISTMAS.
    No more 8:30 - 21:00 days, no more working til I see double, no more stress.
    Kicking back now with a glass of processco before I leave for the evening.
    Back with the love of my life, no worries at all.
    Finally feeling a little bit festive and very happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Finished work til Wednesday!!!

Everything done. Just flaked out on the couch now

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

I got new boots & shoes & a dress today all on sale. Saved 150e!

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭weirdspider

The innocence of a child, especially at Christmas. Such a beautiful side of life.

• Advertisement

Sporting trips coming up:
    26.12.16 Munster v Leinster Limerick
    07.01.17 Racing 92 v Munster Paris
    04.02.17 Scotland v Ireland Edinburgh
    25.02.17 Ireland v France Dublin
    07.03.17 Arsenal v FC Bayern Munich London
    27.05.17 Pro 12 Final Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

The innocence of a child, especially at Christmas. Such a beautiful side of life.

This!Its been a long time since Santa's been in our house and this year I remember what it's all about!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

YT vids of people getting their necks and backs cracked. Satisfying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Olishi4

I was having a word with my father this morning and telling him about a friend that I saw recently. I said to him "do you ever get that where you see someone and you just think they have aged so much and it gives you a bit of a shock" and he said "ye sometimes. I'd still pass for 49 though!" and he would :)

Happy Christmas Eve, Eve.

Happy Christmas Eve!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

I stood on the scales today and I'm 2lbs off my pre-pregnancy weight. Woo Hooo!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,895 ✭✭✭gifted

I stood on the scales today and I swear the fecking thing groaned....gggrrrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

For the first time ever the ham didn't boil over and destroy the cooker top. It is cooking in cider and apple juice and the house smells like a brewery :)
    Listening to my little one singing along to a Christmas CD in her blaa accent:)

Happy Christmas Eve!!!

!!!!!!!!!!HAPPY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

Christmas with my sister's family

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement