Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12 Octavian Pepper

Every single time without fail, when my sis gets a Lego/some sort of building toy, I'm always the one who ends up making it. She gets frustrated with building it eventually.
    May sound like a trivial annoyance, but it's really not. I enjoy making Lego. :)

Last night before Santa came, she was giggling in her sleep. :)

Before I went to work the other day, she told me she already missed me and I wasn't even gone yet. :)

Christmas in general. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Post Xmas dinner nap

The woman who took me aside at about 2am this morning to count to five with me, four times. 10 fingers and 10 toes. They were all there. No scars, birth marks or anything else. Perfect. What a perfect ending to a very bumpy beginning. This is better than winning the Euromillions; I can't envisage this much relief in winning that or anything else. A healthy child really is the greatest gift any of us will be given in this lottery of life. (This is really exhausting stuff!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

Cheese.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

Cheese.

*Camera Flash*

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,836 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Yesterday evening I popped over to my lovely neighbours to wish them a happy Christmas. Their adorable black labrador came over to me to say hello, he was rubbing against my legs, jumping up and wagging his tail like mad, he was as happy to see me as he would have for a member of his family, he was squealing too. I love that dog, and it seems that the feeling is mutual. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Gavin James singing Fairytale of New York on TV earlier..absolutely stunning,I got goosebumps listening to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

I am NOT the 'on call' parental unit in this house tonight....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭This Fat Girl Runs

I'm sitting at my kitchen table, getting started on a college assignment with books surrounding me; it's bright outside, the house is quiet and I've my favourite band on shuffle playing in the background. My two cats have decided they need to be near me this morning. One is sleeping peacefully on the table behind my laptop, the other is beside me having a little wash. I had a long phone call with my mom yesterday, and a very good sleep last night. It's just a quiet moment today but it makes me so trivially happy because I haven't had one of these in a very long time. I am feeling the most peaceful I have felt all year.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

I'm sitting at my kitchen table, getting started on a college assignment with books surrounding me; it's bright outside, the house is quiet and I've my favourite band on shuffle playing in the background. My two cats have decided they need to be near me this morning. One is sleeping peacefully on the table behind my laptop, the other is beside me having a little wash. I had a long phone call with my mom yesterday, and a very good sleep last night. It's just a quiet moment today but it makes me so trivially happy because I haven't had one of these in a very long time. I am feeling the most peaceful I have felt all year.

Excellent, lovely story there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

I managed to cycle up a hill that's been defeating me for the last 2 years today - in one go, no stops, no pushing. I'm still coughing a little, getting a good bit of cold, fresh air into my lungs on my 2 hour cycle today, but it was utterly glorious in the sunshine.
    For anyone who knows the area, the hill I'm talking about is between Cuskinny and Ballymore. It's 80m elevation on just under 2km distance. Not bad for a morbidly obese 42 year old woman, I think. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

The thread title change......makes me chuckle :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

FanadMan wrote: »
    The thread title change......makes me chuckle :D

I saw it and didn't know what it meant. I just got it now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Went for a spin with a pal I haven't seen in a while and was in stitches laughing after about 10 minutes :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

it's my small persons birthday tomorrow and her dad has spent 2 hours blowing up balloons and sticking them all over the kitchen ceiling!the effort of it made me th cos he's usually a lazy sod but she does love her balloons 

Couple of days ago: 2-year-old daughter offers me something across the table, I reach over to accept it and she pulls it back with a big baby roar of laughter.

Yesterday she was at a relative's table next to a jar of sweets, went 'ooooh' while looking and pointing to another room. I looked, she threw loads of stuff into her face and roared laughing again.

Today, she went to her aunt who had just arrived and got sweets for all of us, including the babóg, listing every name out. She then came back hands full with sweets, climbed up on the couch, and proceeded to eat them all in front of us. When we asked for sweets she nodded her head and roared laughing at us. Where did this child come from!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Four Phucs Ache

Great granny got me scratch cards for Xmas, she gave me her wedding ring to scratch them as she says she always wins using it and sure enough I won 33 euro.Then she said with a completely straight face that her ring is still good after 50 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

Getting into my own bed after having spent a few days with the inlaws for Xmas.

All very nice, but there's nowt like your own bed....and decent broadband.

1. Discovering that the Colgate 100ml toothpaste snapcap lid fits the annoying Colgate twist lid, buying 3 of the latter for €3 (Buy 2 get 1 free) in Dealz and changing the lids as I use them.

Today's price in Tesco for one of these is €3.75.

Dealz price. €8.25 saving.

2. Size 1 nappies for my 3-day-old. They're hilariously tiny, tiny, tiny. My 2-year-old in her size 6 make her look like a giant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

Today is a nice day with Winter Sun. Not too cold either.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

I'm watching a documentary on puppies growing up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

A day off work.

Relaxed for a few hours reading an Inspector Rebus novel.

Took the dog for a long walk while listening to Leonard Cohen's last album.

Now back at home watching a boxset with the dog snoozing away happily beside me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Getting unrail presents and a card in the post for xmas....it's like a second xmas :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Cold to the bones. A roaring fire in the stove and I'm using the dog as a hot water bottle, and still cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

Writing my best friend's birthday card. Gives me all the warm fuzzies. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭GritBiscuit

My sister messaging me and addressing me/signing off with our childhood nicknames for each other. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Being safe home in my snug bed after a nightmare ambulance journey and a terrible day in A and E...with my cats snuggling up to me... Bliss....

• Registered Users Posts: 21,915 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Graces7 wrote: »
    Being safe home in my snug bed after a nightmare ambulance journey and a terrible day in A and E...with my cats snuggling up to me... Bliss....

Seeing Graces 7 post again on boards makes me happy :)
    Welcome back ,missed your posts, was wondering if you were ok and hope now that you feel better soon x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Seeing Graces 7 post again on boards makes me happy :)
    Welcome back ,missed your posts, was wondering if you were ok and hope now that you feel better soon x

gee thanks

Been a hard old year, being assaulted, serious health issues,facing eviction.. Be glad to see the year out frankly.... in the throes of packing ... all great "fun" ! But am alive and that makes me very happy...and so do you.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement