Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Graces7 wrote: »
    gee thanks

Been a hard old year, being assaulted, serious health issues,facing eviction.. Be glad to see the year out frankly.... in the throes of packing ... all great "fun" ! But am alive and that makes me very happy...and so do you.

Oh dear Lord:(. Good to see you back here Graces7.

I love it when you come out of the supermarket, and the car you were parked nose to nose with has moved and you can drive straight out. It's the small things :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,915 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Graces7 wrote: »
    gee thanks

Been a hard old year, being assaulted, serious health issues,facing eviction.. Be glad to see the year out frankly.... in the throes of packing ... all great "fun" ! But am alive and that makes me very happy...and so do you.

Lordie, hope the coming year is a better one for you , and I wish you good health Graces7 , just mind yourself as best you can :)

Other peoples happiness makes me TH :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Seeing Graces 7 post again on boards makes me happy :)
    Welcome back ,missed your posts, was wondering if you were ok and hope now that you feel better soon x

Me too. I used to love her posts in the weather forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

I was told I looked like the floaty one out of Miss Peregrines Home for peculiar children. Only getting around to watching it now and have decided very much to take it as a compliment :p

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

I'm doing a lab exchange MIT next September!!!!!! Literally crying with happiness now. At one point in my life I made a promise to myself to try and its paid off. :O

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

The just eat app. So much terrible food at the touch of a button. It's disgustingly satisfying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 405 ✭✭HS3

Hold the Door! ! I finally get the reference!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Having unreal craic on snapchat....i know everyone whinges about the filters etc

But i think there good craic/bitta laugh at times when people sent ya the most random stuff on it :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

Pink Floyd Momentary Lapse of Reason tour concert on Sky Arts blasting through the headphones with the custardy, jelly, fruity spongy goodness of Rachel Fury, Durga McBroom and Margaret Taylor providing the ultimate in backing vocals and the epitome of l.b.d. sexiness to one of the best live concert videos ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Just finally got the date and time for the move confirmed!

PANIC time soon!!!!

Will drive the long way with five cats and the dog in the car too!

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

I'm fairly sure I've posted this here before but seeing dogs in cars with their heads sticking out the window is guaranteed to put a smile on my face. They look so happy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I've just been for a walk up the bog and a flock of Geese flew overhead. I don't know why, but it lifted my spirits.

I've just been for a walk up the bog and a flock of Geese flew overhead. I don't know why, but it lifted my spirits.

I met my doggy's twin today on Killiney Hill :D

He had the same ears and patches in the same places! Cheered me right up.

The tiny, tiny hands, feet and everything else on my freshly minted little son. And he's so ridiculously light. And the skin, you'll never encounter skin as soft as this - no matter what Oil of Olay or whatever might promise you, girls!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

Just heard someone say... wait for it...

...seriously, this is good...
    "See you next year!!!" (because they weren't going to see the other person until tomorrow, which is 2017)

Oh, how I laughed.

RayM wrote: »
    Just heard someone say... wait for it...

...seriously, this is good...
    "See you next year!!!" (because they weren't going to see the other person until tomorrow, which is 2017)

Oh, how I laughed.

Screw you, I LOVE that joke :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,895 ✭✭✭gifted

This is sad but just realised if I touch the spoiler black line that it shows the words under it...oh God..morto....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

There's a thread in the Horse Racing forum called "Worst ride of the year".

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

RayM wrote:
    There's a thread in the Horse Racing forum called "Worst ride of the year".

Glad I wasn't the only one that got a laugh out of that..pity it wasn't an AH thread like I thought it was initially.ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Flicking through the Faces from the Past supplement in the local paper and recognising faces from years ago. There was even a photo of 3 girls I went to school with from our Debs in 1990:)

• Advertisement

I buy fancy new bedclothes in the Arnotts sale every year. This year's are fresh on the bed and I cannot wait to get into it.

So rock and roll this new years!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

A bottle of Lucozade and some After Eights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

After a plane stops and all the slowarses get their bags and get out of the way so you can finally disembark.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Just got a Happy New Year message from a very close relative that I fell out with during the year...feeling kinda teary now...I was still right though .ðŸ˜

I buy fancy new bedclothes in the Arnotts sale every year. This year's are fresh on the bed and I cannot wait to get into it.

So rock and roll this new years!

Exact same here (except I'm in and it's glorious) high five!

Exact same here (except I'm in and it's glorious) high five!

Get out of me bed :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

There will be no hangover tomorrow......and after drinking 8 of the last 9 days me liver will be delighted!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

an ice cold glass of water when your dying with the thirst :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

A new year drink with an old friend I haven't seen in years - lots of memories

• Advertisement

Get out of me bed :eek:

Ah will ya stop your giving out I was only warming it up for ya :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement