Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Howling wind and deluges and am safe and snug home...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭The flying mouse

Waking up clear headed & happy & looking forward to the challenges of the New year ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Waking up clear headed & happy & looking forward to the challenges of the New year ahead.

Exact same. So delighted I didn't drink a lot last night.

Happy new year everyone. Here's to a year fall of all these lovely moments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭The flying mouse

Also I am happy i haven't ate one biscuit, one chocolate, one ice-cream, one cake, since last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

Thought and effort put into Christmas gifts, and seeing others happy with theirs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Robsweezie wrote: »
    Thought and effort put into Christmas gifts, and seeing others happy with theirs.

I love seeing others open presents. Watching the little fella open his Santa presents. And other loved ones opening theirs with big smiles on their faces :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

knowing tomorrow is a bank holiday, :)

had new years day fallen on a weekday we'd be back on the 2nd

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

Robsweezie wrote: »

In the same vein - my best friend got us concert tickets, after telling me he wasn't able to find them anywhere. Packed them up in a jewellery box, with a pen there when I opened it up (a joke from a couple of months back, one of those pens with a naked fella when you turn it upside down :D) and the tickets then underneath the foam layer. Such a laugh, I love it when people really put thought into their present giving. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

ShazGV wrote: »
    In the same vein - my best friend got us concert tickets, after telling me he wasn't able to find them anywhere. Packed them up in a jewellery box, with a pen there when I opened it up (a joke from a couple of months back, one of those pens with a naked fella when you turn it upside down :D) and the tickets then underneath the foam layer. Such a laugh, I love it when people really put thought into their present giving. :D

I got two amazingly thoughtful gifts this year. One being a wallet with some really thoughtful photos already inside and a few €€ for luck :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

In bed with Kylie, my cat. Danny is roaming around somewhere in the room

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

mansize wrote:
    In bed with Kylie, my cat. Danny is roaming around somewhere in the room

Is Danny another cat or a prowler?

If he's a cat, in back to sleep.

If he's a prowler, blink twice and there will be a crew round shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

A nice evening by the stove, watching the darts. Lovely.

Booking cheap flights and accommodation to Copenhagen in Feb

Waching a drunk bully being handed his ass at the pool table tonight. He walked out leaving nearly two pints behind him :) So chuffed at my friend sticking his hand out after he beat the bully......but it was rejected. Well, childish people do act childish.

FanadMan wrote: »
    Is Danny another cat or a prowler?

If he's a cat, in back to sleep.

If he's a prowler, blink twice and there will be a crew round shortly.

Danny is a younger male cat (neutered)

mansize wrote: »
    Danny is a younger male cat (neutered)

Phew! Thought was gonna have to put on the BatLight :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

Sad bastard that I am cannot wait to get back into a routine. Goodbye Christmas, Hello normal life!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭Utah

Not having to drive the M50 to get to work anymore!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

mansize wrote: »
    Booking cheap flights and accommodation to Copenhagen in Feb

Same except I'm going next week :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

Copenhagen is a really cool city. Go to Tivoli Gardens after dark. Gorgeous!

Just remembered I'm off to London next weekend for an NBA game. Going to see Matilda in the westend too :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Just received a load of lovely photos of us with all the Grandchildren yesterday. Dotes, if I say so myself. Not biased or anything but they're smashing.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,613 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Giroud's goal yesterday. Not an arsenal fan but was not looking forward to Man Utd guys at work never shutting up about Mihkytarians one last week. Giroud has ensured it will not be mentioned. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭4Ad

Got a few kisses last night, (it's been a while)..hadn't planned on even going out..had a great day.

4 days to Paris!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,836 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

This is really trifling (or trivial, as soon as this thread will lose its Christmas flavour ;)), but what makes me happy this morning is when you listen to one of those songs that make you feel a warmth and a light in your heart and it radiates out of you and it makes you smile and puts you in a good mood.

Yes I know, that's probably too warm and fuzzy and touchy-feely even for this forum, but what the heck, that's how I roll today. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

An extra day off work when all the world is back. Boards, a book and bed till 11. What a treat!.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

I got myself a date. First in ages. Happy as a pig in shíte!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭This Fat Girl Runs

That feeling of relief when you're at the cinema and the IFCO cert comes on screen and you know you are actually in the right screen after all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

Jelly Babies

Bovril

A big ripping fart

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

That feeling of relief when you're at the cinema and the IFCO cert comes on screen and you know you are actually in the right screen after all.

For me it's when you get onto a plane and the cabin crew make the 'Welcome to Aer Lingus flight EI115 to London Heathrow' announcement.

I never fully relax until I know I haven't somehow wandered onto the wrong plane. (Also trains, buses etc :))

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement