Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

Seeing a man with his daughter, and the man was walking a teddy dog on a lead <3

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Finding that there are TWO episodes of "Casualty" I have not yet seen on youtube :D Just the thing for a dark wet day..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

When you happen to meet a genuinely nice person. For example, the solicitor I hired when my dad passed away to sort out the will etc for me. I had to call in to her this evening with a small query. Not only did she not charge me for her time, she wrote 2 lists. One list for me, her recommendations for a beauty blog, amongst some advice about clubs etc to get involved with going forward. She made a list for herself of makeup brushes to buy, and asked for some product recommendation the next time she goes to Dublin shopping.

I was worried going in but so happy coming out, she's very "lawyer" like but she's been very good to me and my brother since my dad passed, and sometimes it feels like she acts like the one grown up both myself and him can trust with any issues that arise. She has a good heart and goes beyond what she's paid for

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Home from a fantastic birthday weekend in Paris!

Munster won and met some lovely people. And the sexy French men...

My coffee mug... Chaos still with the move so near and I made a mug of coffee and put it to one side for a moment... saw the disaster in slow motion.. unstable heap and coffee mug slides off along with a plate.. Plate smashes but coffee mug lands right way up and still more than half full on the floor....

• Advertisement

Was driving the little one - all 25 months of her - to crèche this morning and she tends to shout out random things from her very limited vocabulary now and again as I drive along.

On Morning Ireland Cathal Mac Coille had two people on discussing the breakdown of powersharing in the North. His last question to them: 'At the end of the day, a return to British rule - yes, no or maybe?'

Herself in the back: Noooooooooooo!

To say I'm impressed really doesn't cover it!

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭s4uv3

Cornflakes and ice cold milk :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

s4uv3 wrote: »
    Cornflakes and ice cold milk :)

I fired milk in the freezer a while ago, heading down for a bowl of rice crispies now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    I fired milk in the freezer a while ago, heading down for a bowl of rice crispies now!

You mean ice crispies?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

fcuking love cereal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

+1 for ice cold milk and cereal!

I'm on a Crunchy Nut Corn Flakes cycle at the moment, sitting there in the dark, in the quiet at 6:30 every morning with the dog is magic!

We have images in After Hours!

latest?cb=20080419045955

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

5f6b8f32dca9fadd23d7a3ae6af94a17.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,578 ✭✭✭worded

Finding new music. This is very soulful stuff ...

Alien Drums - Hang Massive - Once Again - 2011 ( hang drum duo ) ( HD )
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xk3BvNLeNgw

The Song of the Butterfly [Hungary 2014] HD – a chance gathering of 4 musicians
    https://youtu.be/B5WbSrorUyI

Portiugual festival – Guitar
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScDxESck2t0&feature=youtu.be

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Bambi985

People randomly smiling at you when you don't expect it.
    Queueing from the bus this morning when some woman on a bike whizzed passed, looked straight at me and gave me the kindest, warmest smile.
    Not your usual London encounter.

Bambi985 wrote: »
    People randomly smiling at you when you don't expect it.
    Queueing from the bus this morning when some woman on a bike whizzed passed, looked straight at me and gave me the kindest, warmest smile.
    Not your usual London encounter.

I smile at folk.. Love to see the faces relax!

Managing not to kill a non-roadwise deer on the way home is a minor happiness.

When someone comes home with a present for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

My bed. Or yours. Yes, you.

Tough love from my alcoholic friends. Haven't seen her in ages. She text me tonight and I attempted to blow her off by proclaiming I was in my pjs. She called me a lazy c word told me to get dressed because she was coming to collect me to go for pints. Love it

• Advertisement

When someone comes home with a present for me

i love bringing home little cadeaux

Tough love from my alcoholic friends. Haven't seen her in ages. She text me tonight and I attempted to blow her off by proclaiming I was in my pjs. She called me a lazy c word told me to get dressed because she was coming to collect me to go for pints. Love it

you're drinking with an alcoholic?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Just been for a wander around a small wood I have and, despite the cold wind, the hazel trees which have only just lost the last of their leaves are bedecked with catkins. They are like bright decorations lighting up the trees. And the first snowdrops are in bloom.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I picked up a packet of these on the way to work today. Good lord they are great. Possibly my favorite choccy.

reisen.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Bambi985

When someone buys me coffee and lands it on my desk unexpectedly

Having the power back on after a full day of a planned power cut...

Bed and ready to sleep... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Watching some Star Trek: The Next Generation for the first time in a good few years. :)

This song makes me happy. I find it so relaxing, always feel like things will be ok when I hear it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Ferrari3600

^ You know it samples Dream Academy's "Life in A Northern Town"? Not that there's anything wrong with that of course!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Overfed with homemade spaghetti bolognese. In pain but I don't care. Always nicer when you make it yourself from scratch.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement