Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

I've got a date with a very tall, dark attractive man that has suddenly reappeared. Thankfully I got a new red low cut dress I have to slink into to impress. WOOOOO :P

Best of luck :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Bambi985

Waking up two hours before my alarm and going back for a nice little snooze :P

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Going for lunch with a friend. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

After an extremely exhausting day trying to get a curtain rail up, I FINALLY finished it. May have taken all day, a drill, two visits to hardware stores and a quote from a handyman who's details had been given to me by a concerned staff member in the first hardware store.

It's not 100 perfect, but I am proud as FUK of it, so nobody is allowed fix it. I feel like a little kid who just made her first cupcake. Bit of a mess no doubt but thrilled anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Am laughing here. Your Curtain-rail has just reminded me of a yoke I got in Penney's over the Christmas. It's actually just a Phone-Holder. Verrrrrrry simple thing but of course, it's beyond my comprehension as usual! :rolleyes: I can't assemble it, it's too difficult for me, so I just threw it there. I'll probably end up putting it into the bin. :( In fairness there was no Instructions with it but it might as well be a feicing Curtain-rail to me, I can't for the life of me figure out how to get the handle into the Holder! :o:o:o

Fair play to you on your DIY skills! :):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Opened the fridge to find a packet of Malteesers! So glad I resisted the temptation to polish them off last night! And most strangely I forgot they were there, normally I'd hear them calling me :D

Off to put the kettle on...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Found a box of biscuits (Xmas pressie from someone) - they were hiding in a cupboard. Think like Poochie ^ they were calling me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

FanadMan wrote: »
    Found a box of biscuits (Xmas pressie from someone) - they were hiding in a cupboard. Think like Poochie ^ they were calling me :D

Isn't it amazing that junk food and wine have much louder voices than fruit or water?ðŸ˜

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Lincoln beat Ipswich!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Simple breakfast in the new cottage. Cats are happy, everyone fed... Bliss ...still totally exhausted but that will ease..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

I just got brought tea in bed :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

Lucyfur wrote: »
    I just got brought tea in bed :)

It really is the best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

unlocking my MacBook with my apple watch :D

Seeing my beloved cats enjoying being in and out as they want after all the hassle at the other place. My older two both got kidnapped so had to keep them in and they hated it. They are rejuvenating daily and only one litter tray now..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

After a whole week of nothing but stress everything is coming together. My floor is down, my curtain rails are up (spent all day hanging one and 15 minutes hanging the other perfectly thanks to the help of the most awesome boardsie ever who walked me through every little thing without making me feel stupid once), everything looks awesome. Also, I'm over the moon that I can now use a drill so can hang mirrors and pictures and art pieces. It's beyond satisfying knowing I did everything but the floors by myself, with nobody to fix it for me. I never believed I'd be able to play a part in getting things done with DIY, but I did. And I am so happy and so proud.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

Grandchildren:- the best present one could ask for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Getting a new job. Delighted but nervous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

Winterlong wrote: »
    Getting a new job. Delighted but nervous.

Well done. Hope it goes well.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Being able to sit outside in the garden for my morning coffee.....in mid January.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Grandchildren:- the best present one could ask for.

That post just made me happier. So true. A whole new generation of unconditional love.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Edinburgh and Edinburgh Life in general. Took the dog for a walk up one of the hills, vaguely forgetting what was around that area, get to the top to see 2 fences, sat about 8 feet behind each other. Hear a noise, look to the left and see a zebra looking at me. I'd walked up to the zoo. Obviously it was just zebra and some sort of goats that they had in there, but it was a WTF moment. The dog seemed pretty impressed too.

Just taken the dog for a short walk at the back; has been misty etc but clear as clear now and the huge high mountains around the cottage are magnificent and awesome.... dog not impressed but OH MY! Utter beauty, awesome sight....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Lovely spring feeling here this evening,bright until nearly 5.30pm and the birds seemed to be singing extra loudly...it definitely cheered me up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Noticed the birds here today as well - felt more like Spring :)

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

It was my birthday and I got THREE birthday cakes! I have an awesome hubby and family-in-law.

I bought a bird feeder before Christmas and have it set up outside the kitchen window. We can see the birds feeding from the kitchen table. One of the presents I got yesterday was a Collins book of European birds. Myself and the kids have had a great time identifying the birds. It makes me smile.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,915 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

I found a box of cards and postcards that my Mam sent me when her and my father went to Sussex to my brother on holidays . Over thirty years ago . Happy and sad at the same time :):(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I'm knitting a jumper on these long evenings, yeah, the excitement! What makes it nice is that I'm using my Grannys needles, and her pattern, with her handwritten adjustments. Even though she died twenty five years ago, it makes her seem close. I hope this doesn't sound weird.

madmaggie wrote: »
    I'm knitting a jumper on these long evenings, yeah, the excitement! What makes it nice is that I'm using my Grannys needles, and her pattern, with her handwritten adjustments. Even though she died twenty five years ago, it makes her seem close. I hope this doesn't sound weird.

It sounds lovely. :)

I have a blanket my own granny knitted before I was born, and when I'm homesick or missing her I always wrap up in it, and there she is, right there with me!

That probably does sound weird. :)

Was quite sure it was Friday today and decided to wait until tomorrow to go out for the various bits I need...

My computer tells me it is Thursday so I have a whole extra day...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

When you have easy days at the office. Very easy

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement