Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

When you have easy days at the office. Very easy[/quote
    Reading this post, then spotted the user name, TH!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭The flying mouse

Last night, Had a lovely dinner with lovely people & lovely conversation, I still buzzing from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Mrs Woman

When you really detest someone and you think they're the most horrible person and then for some reason you have a conversation and you understand where they are coming from.  All of a sudden the relationship changes and you realise what a great person they are .  I love these instances of having been wrong about someone. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Mrs Woman

When my 8 year old niece stays with me and for days after I'm finding yellow post-its with 'Mrs Woman is my best friend' and 'I love, love, love you Mrs Woman'.  Its better than a lotto win! :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

I have three:

1. I booked flights home to Cork for March (I'm only in London but still)

2. My mam text me to say I got sent a cheque for €137 as card protection refund for a credit card I had years ago. :D

3. I'm going to Musical Bingo this evening with some friends. I've been before and it's great fun!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

I have an interview!
    Giz a (better) job!

When I got out of bed with a bursting bladder this morning, my usual sprint to the bathroom was interrupted by three violent sneezes in a row. Head blowing-off type sneezes that reverberate throughout your entire body, including the bladder. I'm trivially happy I didn't pee myself.

It was close, very close!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Candie wrote: »
    When I got out of bed with a bursting bladder this morning, my usual sprint to the bathroom was interrupted by three violent sneezes in a row. Head blowing-off type sneezes that reverberate throughout your entire body, including the bladder. I'm trivially happy I didn't pee myself.

It was close, very close!

roflol.. I resonate with this.. urgency has arrived in my body and beating the cats to the toilet is a race against time now. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

Passed my driving test.. WOOOOHOOOO!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

Watching RTE News just now and someone in the background shouted "Up the RA!" during a live broadcast from Derry. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Having ten minutes peace and quiet on my own

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

Watching movies and having a nice drink of water.

I've an auntie who is very good to me, she sends me care packages of things she finds on offer in Boots that she thinks I'll like and things like discounted Christmas chocolates, and odd items like bottles of shampoo or a 12 pack of paracetamol along with a beaded picture one of my cousins might have made in kindergarten. Last week she sent two tubes of facial wash, a Sanctuary Spa gift box she got in the sale, and four (very nice, 400tc) king-size pillowcases, even though I'm not suffering a pillowcase shortage or mentioned a longing for king-size pillowcases.

She came up trumps with today's parcel, among things like three reels of dental floss and a tweezers with a light built into it, there was a lovely Led Zeppelin t-shirt. A bit big mind, but nothing a hot wash won't sort out. :) She's great! Every parcel she sends is like a little adventure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Boxing training again tonight - feeling so pumped

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

It's Friday... Already in a good mood...
    Hop into my car, turn on ignition and the radio comes on with perfect timing for the very start of 'Right about now... the funk soul brother'.

Sometimes when this happens it's TrumanShow-esque the way you seem to get a soundtrack for your day! :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Played a game of astro footy with a few other nerds off boards last night.
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Played a game of astro footy with a few other nerds off boards last night.
    :pac:

The Ladies Lounge weekly kick around, was it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

My hair is just fabulous today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Buying things

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Lexie buying me things.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

Sunshine.

It's a balmy 9 degrees today and there's not one cloud in the sky. Perfect conditions for seeing a few more minutes of light later on this evening too!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Utterly replete with mountains and sea and lakes and sky as I drove around the area. .. Great awesome beauty and now the cats are gathered on the bed to be loved.... Exhausted but it was grand!

I sowed the first seeds of the year today. Writing 2017 in my gardening notebook reminds me of starting a new school year, everything fresh and new.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,837 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

^^^
    :) What did you sow, MadMaggie?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 emmallow

My script worked first time!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

finding out two people from different parts of your life know each other. small world.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Sitting on the sofa stove blazing, tickling one of my cats fluffy bellies. Sooo soft and very relaxing for both of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,895 ✭✭✭gifted

A couple of hours with the new presidents wife...hubba hubba...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Watching Lee Mack go on about Irish names. I'm crying with laughter.

• Advertisement

New Home wrote: »
    ^^^
    :) What did you sow, MadMaggie?

Some salad leaves, tomatoes, begonias and lobelias. Apologies to Mod, I know this isn't the gardening forum!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement