Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Not having to set an alarm tomorrow morning :D I started a new job that's further away from where I live than last job and I'm wrecked!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭daithi7

That Donald Trump is over 70..... near his retirement date hopefully!! :-)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,837 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

madmaggie wrote: »
    Some salad leaves, tomatoes, begonias and lobelias. Apologies to Mod, I know this isn't the gardening forum!

Well, new seeds and new plants make me happy too, that's why I asked. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭The flying mouse

That I have started doing mediation classes, they work for me...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭misstearheus

I've just seen 2 Magpies! Don't generally go in for this sort of stuff, but am from the Countryside and I see loads of birds, and loads of Magpies, but always and ever only one lone one on its own! But now I've just seen 2 standing on the ground together! Surely there has to be some meaning to that eh?!? :) I feel like doing the Lotto or something!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

I've just seen 2 Magpies! Don't generally go in for this sort of stuff, but am from the Countryside and I see loads of birds, and loads of Magpies, but always and ever only one lone one on its own! But now I've just seen 2 standing on the ground together! Surely there has to be some meaning to that eh?!? :) I feel like doing the Lotto or something!

Nope.. just is getting near mating season is all. Always had two around where I lived before...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Actually, it's uncommon to see a single Magpie. They are a gregarious bird and are mostly found in groups of 2s or more , all year round. Hence the 1 for sorrow, 2 for joy etc.

Like most members of the crow family Magpies are a flocking bird. When you only see 1 you can be almost always guaranteed another (or more) is very close by.

It always makes me happy to be able to watch any birds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

daithi7 wrote: »
    That Donald Trump is over 70..... near his retirement date hopefully!! :-)

I'm even happier that Barack Obama has already been put out to pasture

• Registered Users Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Lamb stew in the oven, made with reduced-price diced lamb. I only went to Tesco to get some carrots, was thinking on the way "Oops,forgot to defrost the diced beef"; there it was at the nearly out-of-date section. Lamb motherfekkin stew it is baby!

Leon Russell in concert from 1970 on YT, playing a BB King song, through the amp & speakers I won in a radio competition 10 years back.

Have a nice evening!

edit:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Hence the 1 for sorrow, 2 for joy etc.

That was for the wagtail.

• Advertisement

Kivaro wrote: »

No! Magpies...

One for sorrow, 2 for joy, 3 for a girl, 4 for a boy.... six for silver, 7 for gold, 8 for a secret never to be told....and it goes on after that...

Here ye go!

http://www.britishbirdlovers.co.uk/articles/magpies-and-superstition

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Kivaro wrote: »

What? Not at all. It's Magpies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Weekends that are full of cuddles, kisses, getting to choose what to watch on Netflix and deciding to order takeaway for dinner. I love Sundays

a toilet that flushes... water supply that is back on ( what the owner abroad told us on email was an overflow pipe was in fact the main pipe from stream to house tank, which had detached itself from the inflow connection) Of such is sheer simple pleasure...

I went to an event last night where I knew absolutely nobody, but I had a great time and made new friends :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

When you were extremely worried about a loved one and actually contemplated life without them as you sat waiting for the doctors to run tests to see if they were ok, but it turns out they're going to be fine and you feel like you won the Lotto because they're still here with you and nothing else matters.

That's me today after my partner was rushed to hospital this morning but released a few hours later.

I'm so grateful and I'm going to stop letting stupid things get me down and annoy me and be bloody thankful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Graces7 wrote: »
    No! Magpies...

One for sorrow, 2 for joy, 3 for a girl, 4 for a boy.... six for silver, 7 for gold, 8 for a secret never to be told....and it goes on after that...

Here ye go!

http://www.britishbirdlovers.co.uk/articles/magpies-and-superstition

Dammit.
    I've been telling the wrong 'tale' then about wagtails all these years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Food

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

I went to an event last night where I knew absolutely nobody, but I had a great time and made new friends :D

So Dogging really does bring people closer together?

kfallon wrote: »
    So Dogging really does bring people closer together?

:pac:

Genuinely laughed out loud :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

That warm felling of relaxation that you feel after shooting your load.

Good neighbours.. The water pipe came loose again last evening but I know they are coming with a Jubilee clip AND coal and home made bread etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Drinking coffee and was given a surprise chocolate cookie.
    It was huge and chocolatey and great.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

That warm felling of relaxation that you feel after shooting your load.

MOD NOTE
    Quit trolling, if you want to continue posting in this thread please post in the spirit of the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,895 ✭✭✭gifted

Drinking coffee and was given a surprise chocolate cookie.
    It was huge and chocolatey and great.

Oh for God's sake...now I want one lol lol

My bed just sneezed! Honest! A huge great SNEEZE.

Well OK, there may be a cat or two or even three( although I think the third is on the empty bed in the next room) burrowed deep somewhere, BUT THE BED SNEEZED ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

The other week, I had to cancel something id arranged with a friend at the last minute. They were so nice and understanding about it though! Made me realise just one of the reasons why we are such good friends for so long. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

Peanut butter cups. I spent the majority of my life thinking I hated peanut butter, until I tried it again at Christmas.

And ohhhh my, do peanut butter cups make me trivially happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Even though it's a bit harder than a mop and bucket, getting down on the floor to give it a good old fashioned scrub. The floors I did came out so much better than any other method too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,915 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Un-blocking the toilet..Yep , someone has to do it and being the parent in this house , I tackle it .
    Taytos and after eights now as a reward :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement