Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Winterlong wrote: »
    We have a fully blossomed daffodil in our garden! Spring is on the way folks.

The difference one little flower can make! I have daffs since December, some kind of early variety, now gorgeous dwarf blue irises. Money can't buy that simple happiness.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Finally getting email from Electric Ireland that they HAVE sorted my account here.. They should have contacted me 2 weeks ago and I knew that Airtricity who the previous person was with would close the account soon...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Bouncing into work this morning :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,599 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I was cycling in to work this morning when a van flashed at me, seemingly to get me to stop (there wasn't much traffic around). I did, and turns out it was An Post with a package for me. The driver spotted me and knew there'd be nobody at home.

So I got my delivery!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

I was cycling in to work this morning when a van flashed at me, seemingly to get me to stop (there wasn't much traffic around). I did, and turns out it was An Post with a package for me. The driver spotted me and knew there'd be nobody at home.

So I got my delivery!!

It's nice to see someone actually giving a crap for a change! Fair play. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Knowing I'm getting a surprise this evening. I love surprises.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

You won't believe this but it happened:

On my morning commute, my usb stick with a lot of important stuff hopped out of my coat pocket on to the middle of the road, as I crossed it.
    Now, if it had been trafficky, I would simply have to say goodbye to my usb stick and watch as it was mashed by a vehicle tyre (I have seen a new phone mashed by a truck tyre two years ago in Navan town)
    But the lights were still holding back the traffic further down the road, so I was able to pick of the usb device.

Lesson learnt to store stuff like that more securely in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Finding a Creme Egg in my coat pocket yesterday morning on the way to work :)

Finding a Creme Egg in my coat pocket yesterday morning on the way to work :)

snap! I found one in a box when I was unpacking after the move... was very very welcome indeed

Photos of my newborn baby nephew. I love him already, can't wait to meet him. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Spent time this morning with a group of friends. We lost a very old friend this week and had all been feeling down. Before long we were reminiscing about the fun we had had with him over the years, the sayings he came out with, the adventures and misadventures we shared, and the laughter began. We celebrated our time together and, strangely, left on a happy note.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Feeling a bit of paper in my pocket, assuming it is some note I have written to remind myself of something, or maybe a shopping list. But it is a forgotten about tenner :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

I'm on the couch snuggled up with the most beautiful quilt made by a boardsie and my husband is making me cheesy chips. And I have tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Bouncing into work this morning :)

Were you on a space hopper?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

Was shopping today and a tot in a shopping trolley grinned at me and winked. Just made my day!

Poochie05 wrote: »
    Were you on a space hopper?:D

:D

That day after a migraine feeling

Pay day \o/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Pay day \o/

Oh YEH \o/

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭s4uv3

Not trivial at all, but TODAY IS MY LAST DAY AT WORK FOR AT LEAST SIX MONTHS :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

s4uv3 wrote: »
    Not trivial at all, but TODAY IS MY LAST DAY AT WORK FOR AT LEAST SIX MONTHS :eek:

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

YOU'RE HAVING A DINOSAUR

:D:D:D:D

s4uv3 wrote: »

Maternity leave???:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Pay day breakfast!

Maternity leave???:D

"Do you know what you're having?"

"Yes a DINOSAUR"

ohmigodimsoexcited

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Ronan H

Overhearing my wife downstairs this morning saying to the kids: "I'll bring home pizza dough this evening for dinner."

Winning.

The wind has stopped and there is peace. Also almost unpacked all the boxes at last.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

I love when the "Trivial things that make you happy" thread appears above the "Trivial Things That Annoy You" thread on this forum.

Just been out and the beauty and calm here are awesome. Heard something on the roof and the dog barked, so out we went. Must have been a bird but it got us pottering...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

"We're changing your Friday hours...now you'll get a longer break AND finish earlier"

• Advertisement

A day off work and I slept 9 hours.....wow!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement