Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

My payslip:
    My Nett pay unexpectedly increased by more than 10% \o/

The milky bars are on me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Two guys taking to fight outside work. One was about 60 and drunk and whipped off his top, it made me smile anyway, not him topless, the ridiculousness of it on a Friday afternoon

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Tea and biscuits, empty cubicles when I go to the toilet, fresh, crisp, bed sheets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

Just got 17 out of 17 in a "Name the Home and Away character" quiz.

Back of the fucking net.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭misstearheus

I'm always on about hanging out my clothes. Well it's been bucketing down for the last few days running, hard to get my clothes dry but I chanced it and stuck them out at one stage and brought them back in the other evening and couldn't believe it they were almost dry apart from couple of heavy things. Was so delighted. :) 2 minutes later it started pelting rain and continued raining all day yesterday. Love out-doing the weather! :p Winning at adult-goals. Yusssssss! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Watching a rainbow on the mountains at the end of the valley.... wisps of cloud whispering past and the shimmering colours against the sombre rocks...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,614 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Driving cross country, Spotify playlist of tracks I listened to in 2016 on shuffle. About 9 tracks in a row made me turn up the radio just a little bit and think, " I love this one".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

visiting my new niece for the first time!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

The smell of paint in the house, and the fresh clean look of the skirtings and architraves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Public speaking. I don't know why but I love talking to a crowd, which is strange cause I'm usually shy.

• Advertisement

Sunday, sweet Sunday....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

In the living room, watching the tennis final......go Federer! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

It's calm and bright with a hard frost on dry ground. The air is so clear this morning. Time for a walk perhaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Came here to post the exact same, plus I have coffee :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭PMBC

Love feeling relaxed versus tense/anxious.
    (Seemingly, according to that doctor on tv last night, an 'epidemic' of anxiety has hit Ireland.)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

And now I am more than trivially happy, I'm freaking ecstatic!!

Yay Federer :D:D

I'm going to a posh hotel for my birthday :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Spaghetti bolognaise

• Registered Users Posts: 4,895 ✭✭✭gifted

4 little girls in the living room playing...I just cleared up and went to sit down in the living room in front of the fire and enjoy some tv....4 girls hit the roof because apparently one of the little girls was having a baby.....laid out on the couch with a blanket over her she was....another girl pulls back the blanket and pulls a doll out .... daddy legs it to kitchen and safety....lol lol

In yesterday's lull between high winds, wandered the garden etc here and was delighted to find primroses on the banks of the stream that runs through it. Spring will come ...

• Advertisement

Watching my cats lick their lips after eating. So thorough as they search out every last scrap of taste!

Just got 20 minutes out of stringing along a 'gentleman' who phoned 'from my bank' to say my debit card, along with all in Ireland, will be replaced in the next 48 hours. I knew by the number that it was a scam so I asked many questions and thanked him for the extra security the new card would bring. He wanted the expiry date from my current card and I told him he would know that already. Yes, but he needed it to confirm who I was. I said he knew because he phoned me and it was a scam. No, no scam we wish to protect you..... I said I wouldn't give him the date and he called me a 'stupid f***ing idiot'. How I laughed.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

...I said he knew because he phoned me and it was a scam. No, no scam we wish to protect you..... I said I wouldn't give him the date and he called me a 'stupid f***ing idiot'. How I laughed.

:pac::pac::pac: A baytin' is too good for them!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,838 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Just got 20 minutes out of stringing along a 'gentleman' who phoned 'from my bank' to say my debit card, along with all in Ireland, will be replaced in the next 48 hours. I knew by the number that it was a scam so I asked many questions and thanked him for the extra security the new card would bring. He wanted the expiry date from my current card and I told him he would know that already. Yes, but he needed it to confirm who I was. I said he knew because he phoned me and it was a scam. No, no scam we wish to protect you..... I said I wouldn't give him the date and he called me a 'stupid f***ing idiot'. How I laughed.

That reminds me of a girl who went to secondary school with my brother. When she was 15 or 16 (this was pre-mobile phones) she used to get horrible nuisance calls, usually when her parents were out. They got so bad that at one point the police decided they'd monitor the phone. One time, she had enough. When the lecher phoned, she literally blew a whistle on the phone (an actual whistle, she didn't just purse her lips) with all the breath she had in her body, in all likelihood hurting the prank caller's ear in the process. Needless to say, the call was immediately dropped. A few seconds later the people monitoring her phone called her back to compliment her on her clever move, but would she please give them some notice in future, 'cause she had deafened one of their guys, too! :D That was the last nuisance call she ever got. :D It makes me laugh every time I think of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

New Home wrote: »
    That reminds me of a girl who went to secondary school with my brother. When she was 15 or 16 (this was pre-mobile phones) she used to get horrible nuisance calls, usually when her parents were out. They got so bad that at one point the police decided they'd monitor the phone. One time, she had enough. When the lecher phoned, she literally blew a whistle on the phone (an actual whistle, she didn't just purse her lips) with all the breath she had in her body, in all likelihood hurting the prank caller's ear in the process. Needless to say, the call was immediately dropped. A few seconds later the people monitoring her phone called her back to compliment her on her clever move, but would she please give them some notice in future, 'cause she had deafened one of their guys, too! :D That was the last nuisance call she ever got. :D It makes me laugh every time I think of it.

I did this exact thing back in the 90s when someone kept phoning my parents' house and remaining silent on the line. Worked a treat also, I'm pleased to say, given my excellent lung capacity.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭SuperS54

Aglomerado wrote: »
    I did this exact thing back in the 90s when someone kept phoning my parents' house and remaining silent on the line. Worked a treat also, I'm pleased to say, given my excellent lung capacity.:D

Had a similar issue in the past, putting the phone on mute and leaving it for 10 minutes or so solved the issue fairly fast, these idiots love a reaction.

snug abed, everyone fed, waiting for daylight so I can go out..

Woken by a little boy (18 months old) climbing on the bed saying "up gan gan"

The day can't get much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Going into a shop for something, but you suddenly remember / walk past something else you didn't intend to buy but actually really need.
    2 birds with the one stone!

Sweet!!

• Advertisement

There's a storm beginning to blow, but the fire's lit and we have no need to venture out tonight. So, happy in after a productive day outside.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement