Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

Last week, I got involved with a homeless chap. He had been out on the streets for a while but I tracked his family home down, only to find out they'd moved on. I let him stay with me a few days and he really made himself at home by eating nearly everything in the fridge. I got in his favourite food, bought things to amuse him, sorted out his healthcare and took care of his special needs. I told him he could move in permanently the other day and now that he's got what he wants, he's basically ignored me since.

Every morning he wakes me up by sticking his bare butt in my face, I assume as a thank you. Cats, eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Happy this morning because I made it to another birthday. 73 today and also the 20th anniversary of my retirement. Double celebrations await.
    Away to breakfast with some of the family now.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Happy this morning because I made it to another birthday. 73 today and also the 20th anniversary of my retirement. Double celebrations await.

Happy birthday man. I hope you have a great day :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,838 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Happy birthday Srameen, virtual cake/virtual bottle heading your way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Happy Birthday S, have an awesome day��

This video makes me so happy my heart hurts
    https://www.facebook.com/thedodosite/videos/989208324547176/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭A_smurf

Happy Birthday, you're only 73 years young yet. :) Hope your retirement years have been good to you!

Happy Birthday and Anniversary! And here's to many more. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Happiest of birthdays, Srameen, enjoy your day :)

I am TH when a candle burns all the way to the end leaving no wax. Bang for my buck :)

Happy Groundhog Day everyone!

I love stupid traditions like getting a groundhog out of hibernation to see if his shadow scares him as a means of weather forecasting. Silly traditions make me TH. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Foggy Jew

Found myself in Mountjoy Prison today, on business. My meeting lasted less than hour. 12 hours later, I'm still thanking my lucky stars that I got born into the family I did. There was a whole lot of 'There but for the grace of God.....' Going round in my head.

It's the bally ballyness of it that makes it all seem so bally bally.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 431 ✭✭Killergreene

Foggy Jew wrote: »
    Found myself in Mountjoy Prison today, on business. My meeting lasted less than hour. 12 hours later, I'm still thanking my lucky stars that I got born into the family I did. There was a whole lot of 'There but for the grace of God.....' Going round in my head.

Ah most of those lads were born with needles hanging out of their arseholes.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Happy that even after the storm that roared all night, feeling better than the last few days. I think my body finally realised WE HAVE LANDED and ARE SAFE and need no longer be on full alert.. so I crashed... Slept most of each day.... Old age and M.E. Happiness is a cosy bed and three cats..

Also the first daffodils are opening by the front door and my pension has come in in time for me to pay the rent.. Still sorting Rent Allowance.

All told, a great deal to be happy about.. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

My new found independence. I can now change a tyre, use a drill, hang curtain poles and pictures. I'm going to keep learning how to do things, learning how to be self sufficient and not rely on anyone else. Also to prove to others there's more to me than hair extensions and lipstick

Just been a gentle walk around the "estate"... awesome huge mountains with sheep climbing them so nimbly... Green shoots everywhere and the very real hope of snow tonight... Lovely place...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Perhaps trivial to some but a night out (especially in a club) with my girlfriend and our mutuals makes me quite happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

10 minutes to the weekend!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

I thought there was a crack in my laptop webcam. Actually there is only a hair on the inside between the lense and the camera.
    I can't afford to replace the laptop for the long term.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

My new found independence. I can now change a tyre, use a drill, hang curtain poles and pictures. I'm going to keep learning how to do things, learning how to be self sufficient and not rely on anyone else. Also to prove to others there's more to me than hair extensions and lipstick
    TH at seeing this post. I was brought up not to be a helpless female. I can do all of the above, plus handy with a chainsaw. I like the girly stuff too, sewing and baking. It's great feeling independent.

I won a book voucher in a local club draw. It's not the prize that matters, it's just nice to win something but a real bonus that I buy so many books.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I realised with more than a little trivial happiness that when you delete a programme from your Sky planner it isn't gone altogether but into a deleted folder and thus retrievable:). Great for all the times I am denying falling asleep on the sofa at night and missing the end of programmes :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Baby went asleep at 8 on the nail with no shenanigans or drama :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

Baby went asleep at 8 on the nail with no shenanigans or drama :)

Remember the days when that was like getting the best present ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

A free slice of cake from a local cafe on their loyalty card.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

No drink tonight, so will be fresh in the morning. Get up, bowl of porridge, 8 mile walk, then back for lovely homemade soup and sambos. Sit down and watch the rugby.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

It's late but am still playing with an electronics kit I got in the post today......two and a half months after I ordered it. Not going to put it down in case it's taken off me again :D Really love seeing the cheap Chinese packages arriving in the post. It's like having a birthday two or three times a month lol

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Up early thinking about my new 27 inch monitor I've been waiting a month for. Also thinking an easy three points for Liverpool today maybe? We live in hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Neames

Love my wife and kid.

But I have to say I'm enjoying having the house to myself today and yesterday.

Started on the Fargo boxset last night, brilliant.

This morning, walked the dog, hit the gym and going cycling with a pal shortly.This afternoon - rugby, Spotify, kindle and burgers.

Doesn't sound like much...like a 2 week holiday for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Jesus wept at the Godliness of this dude.

b01-20.jpg

My critters continue to delight in their new place. Watching my biggest cat, rolling on the grass, then wriggling on his back in sheer joy..

Yesterday with all the rain and snow, the stream that runs through the garden and supplies the house with water, was running strong and fast.

Dog loves to drink from it, but could not understand why it would not let her get a tongue full. She kept trying, then running a few paces alongside it and trying again, until she got to the place where it vanishes under the wall. Ears forward, brow furrowed... ( Of course she got a drink later..)

• Advertisement

The sun shines on a calm morning of fields dusted white with frost. I'm going for a walk through the bog before mass. Why happy? Why not, on a morning like this?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement