Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

73Cat wrote: »
    I don't know whether to be happy or annoyed about that :). But it made me smile anyway !

Maybe people are over three times happier this year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Bassfish

In a world of podcasts and netflix I've rediscovered live radio. Enjoying listening to John Creedon in the evenings by the stove, doing a crossword, drop of whiskey optional!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭muddypaws

Bassfish wrote: »
    In a world of podcasts and netflix I've rediscovered live radio. Enjoying listening to John Creedon in the evenings by the stove, doing a crossword, drop of whiskey optional!

I love his evening show, plays such a great range of music

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Heading over to Malmö tomorrow- hello Sweden!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Buying a totally new mop and bucket.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

muddypaws wrote: »
    I love his evening show, plays such a great range of music

John Creedon is great for keeping you company driving home after a long day :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

Agree totally on John Creedon. Favourite part of the day listening to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

eerie beauty of moonlight on snowy mountains, even though it means no getting out tomorrow...total silence out there. magical night. and that I have good pain relief ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

My big dog being so affectionate. I was sitting on the couch this evening, he kept coming over to me, putting his feet up on my legs and giving me a kiss. Then himself and his brother found one of their squeeky toys and he kept climbing up on me with it, wanting me to throw it. The little dog runs for the ball and brings it back and then the big one takes it from him and gives it to me. That seems to be his favourite part. They always put smiles on my face

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

I got a new outfit today for a wedding :) and I found exactly what I wanted in the first shop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

New Converse day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

My big dog being so affectionate. I was sitting on the couch this evening, he kept coming over to me, putting his feet up on my legs and giving me a kiss. Then himself and his brother found one of their squeeky toys and he kept climbing up on me with it, wanting me to throw it. The little dog runs for the ball and brings it back and then the big one takes it from him and gives it to me. That seems to be his favourite part. They always put smiles on my face

Your boyfriend needs a hobby! :D

jimgoose wrote: »
    Your boyfriend needs a hobby! :D
    if only he was as obedient as the dogs!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

if only he was as obedient as the dogs!

Ah, if he was you wouldn't love him.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

While driving to work this morning, passed by a guy in a convertible with the roof down!!
    He looked happy out and enjoying the drive!
    I bet it blew the cobwebs off anyway! :D
    It wasn't even a fancy vintage car... just some Renault from a few years back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

On Friday, arrived home to find a book I had ordered, had arrived sooner than expected. In a bookshop later and found a new book by an author I really like.
    Books and bookshops make me trivially happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Ah sure why not? The sun is shining, family are all well, food in the cupboard and it sure beats going to work. A happy day indeed.

Stocked with food, drinking water, coal.. let come what may! Had a glorious wild drive after shopping...Bliss...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

The way my dog yawns, kind of a squeak to it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭RiderOnTheStorm

Just made a post in other thread and discovered while typing that predictive text didn't prompt for "Nazi" but did for "Schindler ".

Made me smile.

• Advertisement

I saw not one but two dalmations today.
    This time of year. I used to be so afraid of new beginnings and dreaded new year, but it's fast becoming my favourite time of year. I feel positive and excited about life in general

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Even tho I'm finished my break :( the thoughts of sleeping in my own bed and seeing my kitties

As I started back up the mountain track yesterday, saw a major traffic jam by the narrow bridge where I always tuck my elbows in and hold my breath... Three white Connemara ponies, all snug in their winter coats, two tiny donkeys, with their pretty faces, and a gaggle of shaggy sheep...

All so polite and they cleared the road for me so neatly.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,623 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

When somebody complains 'Hey, I'm getting loads of ads for Russian Brides/Asian singles/etc, so can you get those ads off your website' and it has to be explained to them that actually, the ads are personalised based on their own user habits.

Always makes me smile.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Off til Monday

Well bless my soul but I was just outside, putting more seed on the birdtables, when a Robin flew onto the table in front of me. I held out my hand and he flew on to it to help himself to a feed. I hand fed a fledgling Robin last summer, so I assume it's him. It was like meeting an old friend.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,838 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Srameen is turning into a Disney princess and I'm very envious. But I'm happy for him and for his friendly robin. :)

New Home wrote: »
    Srameen is turning into a Disney princess and I'm very envious. But I'm happy for him and for his friendly robin. :)

If only I could sing!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,838 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

If only I could sing!

Don't worry about that, they'll dub your voice in post-production. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Well bless my soul but I was just outside, putting more seed on the birdtables, when a Robin flew onto the table in front of me. I held out my hand and he flew on to it to help himself to a feed. I hand fed a fledgling Robin last summer, so I assume it's him. It was like meeting an old friend.

Here's a clip of me doing my everyday feed. Robins are so tame.....and fearless.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement