Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Waking up to an email from my favourite (only) uncle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Happy that I think I have nailed this valentines thing. Do just enough to mark the occasion and a nod to romanticism. But not going overboard with big daft gestures.
    Will monitor the TA thread incase the OH posts in there about her inconsiderate....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

A seven year old dropping a card in on her way to school. A cut out of her hands opening to read 'I love you Nanny and Granda.'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Like Grace, I have a rehomed dog. After a year and a half she has recently started to lick my hand. She's not very affectionate, though obviously happy, so this is a big leap forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

madmaggie wrote: »
    Like Grace, I have a rehomed dog. After a year and a half she has recently started to lick my hand. She's not very affectionate, though obviously happy, so this is a big leap forward.

YAY! I have had this one since a puppy but the last place was stony ground... Just had her out round the grounds and she wanted to stay out but this is sheep country so she stays with me all the time. Love to see her running round.

• Advertisement

Just in from 'Brunch' in town. Great to see so many couples out enjoying time together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

Toasted sandwiches

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Sonas55

a hearty meal after a hard day's work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

En route to DUB to fly to MUC

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Back at my desk after a lunch time run, I'm delighted that I found the motivation to go out today. I was lining up all the excuses in my head not to run.

I feel magical now after the run and a cold shower and after breaking the mental barrier.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

When posters in prison go from "please sir, let me stay one more day" to "I FCUKING HATE THIS FCUKING STUPID FCUKING SITE" in a matter of minutes.

So funny :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

madmaggie wrote: »

A rehomed dog is one of those gifts that keep on giving for the little things.
    We're in the same boat, spent a few days with friends as we were getting work done, the wee dugg gets sprints down the street to the house and then does laps of the back garden. 7 months in and she knows its home.

She also refused to get into bed at 5am this morning (pee break) until I flattened out her blanket.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

When posters in prison go from "please sir, let me stay one more day" to "I FCUKING HATE THIS FCUKING STUPID FCUKING SITE" in a matter of minutes.

And it's normally the same handful of reregs :D

Just got the Irish Times crossword out in double jig time. :)

Now for the Sudoku.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,838 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

^^^
    And in pen, too, I bet. Show off! :D

New Home wrote: »
    ^^^
    And in pen, too, I bet. Show off! :D

And I bet he does not even bother with the Simplex.

TA that I can normally do the Simplex , can do the hard Suduko in minutes...but cannot ever get one clue in the Cryptic Irish times cross word. :mad:

Edit: Hang on. This is the TH thread. Eh....Happy that there will be the most wonderful Steak for tea tonight. And candles. Love dem candles.

Winterlong wrote: »
    And I bet he does not even bother with the Simplex.

TA that I can normally do the Simplex , can do the hard Suduko in minutes...but cannot ever get one clue in the Cryptic Irish times cross word. :mad:

Mrs S does the Simplex. God bless her!

If I'm going to go wrong on the Sudoku, it's always the easy one. I think I'm inclined to rush it. So I do them in reverse order now..Hard, Intermediate, Easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭WestWicklow1

Getting to the overnight campsite. Taking one minute to raise the rooftent and get the camp chair out. A beer out of the fridge and sit and watch the rest taking 15 minutes and more to set up their tents :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

Prison forum is brilliant for laughs. I love the whole "I didn't rereg, 25 other people use my laptop" one.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

daffadowndillies.... golden smiles. The ones by the door are frilly double ones, and I have some in here opposite my bed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

Graces7 wrote: »
    daffadowndillies.... golden smiles. The ones by the door are frilly double ones, and I have some in here opposite my bed.

weird-orchis-italica-aka-naked-man-orchid_xcx_frmimg_1342944648-3979.jpg

Get some of these they will make you smile.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭headnorth

Waking up on a Sunday morning after a great day out with the kids and herself after the Saturday night regular few drinks and thinking I'd love to head to Howth (just on my own for ME space,no harm)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭misstearheus

I got up yesterday morning fully intending to whinge in the Annoyances Thread about waking up to be presented with a dirty big Coldsore and finding a couple of spots and being on period, but then I thought aaaahhh it could be a lot worse. Think I'm getting mellow in my middle age! :D :eek:

And I won an Irish Pro Rugby Jersey and a Jamie Heaslip Powerbank! Yayyyy... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Got that nice ache in myour arm muscles from a tough gym session yesterday.

Yes it's technically pain but its a sign I worked hard. Dem gainz

Also, a half day from work and a day off tomorrow

A morning pulling weeds. The satisfaction of walking away from a clean, tidy, flowerbed lifts the spirits.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

A morning pulling weeds. The satisfaction of walking away from a clean, tidy, flowerbed lifts the spirits.

It would than make me a little happy if Julio Tasty Spring pulled all the weeds in my garden :)

Getting over the hump in the week relatively unscathed brings happiness.
    Am not so optimistic about the second half of the week though.

SAMTALK wrote: »
    It would than make me a little happy if Srameen pulled all the weeds in my garden :)

You couldn't afford me. ;)
    The coffee and biscuit bill alone would bankrupt you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,434 ✭✭✭RedXIV

getting an ETA right when it's more than 10 mins. Guessed I would meet someone in about 50 mins, strolled up outside their office 49 mins later. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,895 ✭✭✭gifted

Got two box's of Lindt chocolate balls for valentines day.....oh dear God but I'm going to be happy tonight lol lol

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement