Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Getting my hair done on Thursday and really looking forward to it.
    Nothing major- just a little trim and a splash of black dye. Been ages since I had my hair done so I'm going to enjoy it all the same.
    Also, my local did up their beer garden in time for the good weather and it looks STUNNING. Hope to get down there for a few bevvies if the weather is still good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I was really disappointed to have to give up my career for health reasons a few years ago. But it REALLY made my day to meet the 3 people that it takes to do the job I used to do. Amazing how people underestimate your work until they have to find someone else to do the job:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

Seeing my roses coming into bloom and having enough sun for them to flourish! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

When someone in the queue at the shop with a massive trolley of stuff lets you skip them and go first!
    It's happened to me the last two times I've been into Aldi. Blissful :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

peekachoo wrote: »
    When someone in the queue at the shop with a massive trolley of stuff lets you skip them and go first!
    It's happened to me the last two times I've been into Aldi. Blissful :D

Aldi shoppers are great for that, I always return the compliment when the roles are reversed

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Happiness is when my dog has to snuggle his head against my leg when he is having a nap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Lucifer MorningStar

Waking up with the morning horn... when I'm not dying for a piss

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Beef Hula Hoops

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭LizzieJones

Getting unexpected private messages. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Johnwayne98

scrubber72 wrote: »
    Trivial things like freshly made coffee, clothes folded nicely and a freshly made bed. Others being on time.

Finding a fiver in an old pair of jeans

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

Getting praise at work more than the usual, so it feels like it means something, especially because those times are the times I also know I did a really good job.

Also going fast on my bike downhill, vroooom, outta my way I'm a clerical officer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

Seeing a certain militant, combatative and unproductive type of Irish politics reaching the end of the road. To see what I mean go to the thread Cabinet Reshuffle in the Politics forum. I’m on a smartphone so I cannot easily enter in the link here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭marie12

When people actually stop to look before crossing at a zebra crossing or whatever they're called.

When someone lets me ahead in the queue when I've only 1 or 2 things

When I've whole swimming lane to myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

Now I don't want to make anyone too jealous here, but I got this new shampoo, and its amazing. I feel like a new man right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭amandaf675

When my bf says he misses me.. Only seeing him every fornight is a killer..

Weekends away

New car parts

When my bf spoons me even though he hates sleeping on his side he still does it cause it makes me sleep better

Getting to stay in bed in the morning when he has to go to work

Lazy days in bed when I have nothing to do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Simonigs1.0

Waking up in the morning and my hair isn't a complete mess.

My friends take the p*ss out of me for saying this, but any other man with curly hair like me should understand.

Curses to my genes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭DarraghFitz98

When my mother brings home Mr.Kipling Apple pies,yes I live on the wild side for a teenager!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

Hearing the parrots fly overhead on a day like today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

- Finding a new tune on youtube thats totally amazeballs.
    - The feelling after a hard run
    - Tailwind on the bike while blazing out of the city centre faster than the evening traffic.
    - An empty day free of chores.
    - Catch up on sleep and having no guilt no matter what time I rise to the world.
    - Painting while listening to a few tunes.

Thunder and lightning! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

Watching the dogs roll around on the lawn on a summers' evening not a care in the world, stand up shake themselves off and then decide to do it a bit more.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

Seeing dogs with their heads sticking out of car windows, their ears and tongue flapping madly, they look like they're enjoying themselves so much and it really makes me so happy to see it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭LizzieJones

gramar wrote: »
    Watching the dogs roll around on the lawn on a summers' evening not a care in the world, stand up shake themselves off and then decide to do it a bit more.

Even better when horses do that. :)

The feeling of clean after a nice shower after a day of sweat, exercise and sun cream. And tired enough to sleep after :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

coffee and eggs in the morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

I got a lovely surprise today. Following a tense meeting with my course tutor and an annoyingly chipper student welfare officer, I was feeling a bit deflated from trashing out the notion that I wanted to quit. They finally agreed to let me go, thankfully but I was drained after the meeting.
    After I got out of the office, I fancied a coffee and went to the ATM to get some money.
    There was €500+ in my account.
    Apparently, I got two weeks of holiday pay! :D
    I'm going to buy myself a much needed Ipod Classic tomorrow with my monies along with putting some aside for my much delayed next tattoo.
    It was an awesome surprise!

Smoked turkey bacon and scrambled eggs. A more perfect combination cannot be found.

When your child comes to you and hugs you for no reason.

When your child comes to you and hugs you for no reason.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

Reading a good book in peace

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement