Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

My puppy has my older dogs head wrecked. Today we came home from Galway and got the dogs back. Older dog got left inside without the baby dog. I was bending down to pick up his food bowl and he was sitting on his bum, every tooth in his head stripped grinning at me, and then pounced on me licking my face. He was delighted to be centre of attention as the puppy was nowhere to be seen.

My second TH was when I let puppy back in, he was so frantic looking for the big dog. As soon as he saw him he ran straight over and started licking him, before laying down snuggled into his back leg with his chin resting on his big brothers hip.

Poor big dog delighted to be an only doggie for a half an hour and poor puppy thinking his brother was kidnapped for a half an hour. I love how they are with each other

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Lovely dinner, few beers and good telly :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Not to everyone's taste but... standing in the garden with bats flitting about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

Deadly! I've never seen bats other than in caves or at the zoo!

I had one in my room the first week I lived here. He was sitting up in the vent where I couldn't reach him, watching, waiting for me to fall asleep.

I'm not saying he was a vampire bat, but there are some risks you just don't take.

The next day I still couldn't catch him so I got my boss to help me. He (6ft) came round and tried to trap him but he screamed when the bat flew at him and hid behind me (5ft). Eventually I got a sonic repeller thingy and left the windows open and waited. He took his time.

The guano was everywhere by the time he left. Little fecker. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

They are beautiful wee creatures. Never see them up here much except during the summer when there's lots of flies about.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,838 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I held a couple of them in the past (rescued them from the cat), they have the softest bellies you can imagine, and the skin on their wings is like smooth velvety silk. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

New Home wrote: »
    I held a couple of them in the past (rescued them from the cat), they have the softest bellies you can imagine, and the skin on their wings is like smooth velvety silk. :)

Only ever handled a dead one when I was a kid and fell in love with them straight away.

There were some bats in our garage a few years ago, someone told me they can get tangled up on your hair. I think I'd be terrified of one too close to me.

There were some bats in our garage a few years ago, someone told me they can get tangled up on your hair. I think I'd be terrified of one too close to me.

Panic not Lexie. That's an urban myth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

We had one at work a while ago, started flying around the room like a mad yoke. The guy who was in the office with me freaked, so I reassured him that the hair thing was a myth and it wouldn't come near us because its sonar was so good.

The words hadn't even left my mouth when the little fecker smashed straight into a rafter. So much for sonar! :pac:

I'm weird the bigger the animal the more I'm comfortable. No problem handling horses,cows, bulls - absolutely no fear.
    Bats/worms/mice/spiders/fish id lose my sh1t like a sh1t collector with amnesia

• Registered Users Posts: 14,371 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

I'm weird the bigger the animal the more I'm comfortable. No problem handling horses,cows, bulls - absolutely no fear.
    Bats/worms/mice/spiders/fish id lose my sh1t like a sh1t collector with amnesia

No problem with any animal on the planet. Except all snakes must die.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Remembering to screw off the car aerial, before I drive into the car wash :)

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

My brother makes me TH. He's the biggest pup on the planet (yes even at 34, married with two kids) but there's nobody like him for making me laugh at myself & the absurdities of life. I'm so proud of him. He has excelled both personally & professionally at a relatively young age in his field. Go Bro!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

maudgonner wrote: »
    We had one at work a while ago, started flying around the room like a mad yoke. The guy who was in the office with me freaked, so I reassured him that the hair thing was a myth and it wouldn't come near us because its sonar was so good.

The words hadn't even left my mouth when the little fecker smashed straight into a rafter. So much for sonar! :pac:

At my previous house, the dog one day would not stop barking at the down pipe from the roof gutters. She is part terrier and very persistent.

"THERE IS SOMEONE IN HERE... SOMEONE IN HERE!"

Just to sort her, I fetched the garden hose and fed it up the pipe.. it emerged at the top

So I told the dog and started to pull the hose back.... And out fell a small bat...

Dog ahd smelled here and heard her piping.... Dog went berserk and I picked the bat up in my sleeve and had a good look at it; pretty little things.

Put her for safety in the rafters of the open shed. It must have sought safety in a dark place..

Lived before where they would fly in and out of the house in the evenings and am sure they will here too...Lovely creatures

• Registered Users Posts: 4,895 ✭✭✭gifted

Just been handed 2 fine trout that were caught in lough corrib over the weekend....tonight we feast well lol lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

I like Mondays like this, when I can just ease into the work week.

Being busy. I love being busy. I love working.

A four year old, on mid term, in the kitchen baking scones with her Nanny. Great fun watching her read off the weights on the scales.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭valoren

I have an uncanny ability to replicate the sound of a trumpet using my voice. I can toot..toot with the best of them.

The face my OH pulls when I ask her to try it makes me very happy.

Far from trivial but makes me very relieved and glad that after delays and instigating the complaints procedure, my Rent Allowance has been granted. Can breathe more easily now...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I will only buy Ben & Jerry's when it is on special offer and have been waiting and waiting to see Empowermint cut price. Finally got it for half price and oh my God it's wonderful :)

Just checked the bank a/c on the phone and the back money is IN ( RA backdated to when I applied) Living in hope of being able to sort car insurance and stay on the road another year.. YAY!

The bird feeders are full again. Ran out on Sunday and had to watch all day yesterday as the poor devils looked around as if saying "What the..? I could have sworn this was the spot!"
    A trip to the shop this morning, €45 worth scooped up, and all back to feeding frenzy again.

The look of sheer joy on the faces of the dear ladies in our local charity shop when I asked hesitantly if they knew anyone who could use knitting yarn.. And all I learned re the local communities and how they support each other. Repeated in the library when I asked if they accepted books... Cannot express how good it feels to be able to play a tiny part in life here.

Invested in 2 "new" nighties too ;) LOVE charity shops!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

I am so happy I have a job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

When you pull of a rap perfectly :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I got a text first thing this morning from my neighbour saying she had her baby girl. An excuse for me to buy pretty little pink clothes. Dying to meet the baba.

• Advertisement

These kind of evenings. Getting home from work, soaked, having a warm cosy clean house to come home to, getting into a hot shower and into clean fluffy pjs. Have the electric fire on in the kitchen while cooking dinner, I've lit the open fire in sitting room so by the time dinners ready, the room will be roasting, I'll open a bottle of wine and flake out on the couch while it pours rain and howls wind outside. Ever since I was little I love this evenings.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement