Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

All going well I'll be an aunt again in October. My youngest sister told me yesterday she's expecting her first baby. She's the baby of the family too which makes it even cuter.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Heading out for dinner later with my 2 very best friends..the ones that you can tell absolutely anything to and know that it goes no further..looking forward to drinkies too because I've taken a day off work tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Getting my licence for this year's trout fishing, this morning. Great expectations and like a child before Christmas waiting for opening day next week. The enjoyment now of dusting off the gear, tying casts, selecting flies....:) :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Pasta. I love pasta

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

The dogs had to go outside in the manky weather. Puppy has no pride in his appearance and got mud up to his eyeballs. I brought both of them back inside, big dog is trying to lick the puppy clean. My heart. It's full of love. Forget the kardashian/jenners, these two are my squad goals

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

The dogs had to go outside in the manky weather. Puppy has no pride in his appearance and got mud up to his eyeballs. I brought both of them back inside, big dog is trying to lick the puppy clean. My heart. It's full of love. Forget the kardashian/jenners, these two are my squad goals

Hell ya. Enough for a thanks.

Whispering to my dogs and asking them if they want to go to the beach.
    Watching their heads tilt as they understand the one word that they love.
    The excitement of them as they wait patiently to jump into the car.
    The noise of their tails whacking off the seat.
    The snorts of the gulps of air as they suck air in with their heads out the window, occasionally coming back in onto the armrest and staring forward to make sure we are going the right way.
    Its a two minute drive that must seem like forever for them.
    Their faces as they sit attempting to control their excitement and wait for the command to leave the car.
    "Come".
    Watching them tear away together, trying to sniff everything that is strange, circling back to make sure I'm keeping up.
    Its a two km walk up and back. I love it. They're the reason I do it every morning and evening.
    A simple trip that gives all three of us such happiness.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,782 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Finding a blister pack of codeine that I didn't know I had

Bliss

• Registered Users Posts: 4,578 ✭✭✭worded

Finding a blister pack of codeine that I didn't know I had

Bliss

Have a Pleasent journey one more toy

May be set an alarm for 48 hours from now?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Reading your wonderful posts after a long, noisy sleepless night. BLESS YOU! That is enough to make me very happy today.. THANK YOU!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

Getting 10 minutes alone to talk to the gorgeous girl in my college class

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭764dak

I like wikiHow pictures.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,371 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Reading threads about other people's misfortunes and realising how fortunate I am in many ways.

That my fingers and my brain have not forgotten their old skills of knitting complicated Aran sweaters.... revelling in watching the pattern read itself,, and that the gift of yarn came in with a huge ball of the right yarn... YAY!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Deconstructed Banoffi pie. Who invented this little piece of heaven on earth?

Food is a big TH for me at the moment. If this goes on I will be requesting two seats on my next flight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭Mr_Spaceman

The smell of my freshly-baked barmbrack, soon to be eaten alongside a wee cup of tea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Lady is a tramp

Friend comes to my house. I show her to her room.

Me: Look, I don't mean to be rude, but I'm feeling really peopled out right now and how about we just watch Netflix in our two separate bedrooms until food is ready and then we'll eat and then we'll go to bed and we'll totally catch up and bond tomorrow, but I'm just not on for it right now

Her: OMG. OMG. This is why I love you, THANK YOU, I feel exactly the same and so didn't know how to say it politely. This is why we are friends!

Me: :)

I have to say, friendships like that are actually priceless!

That I'm feeling so much better after a tummy bug.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭RiderOnTheStorm

Was TH last night as I looked at the clock just before falling asleep... It was 12.34 Only other time of day when numbers are sequential is almost 1 hour earlier, at 23.45

I am not OCD, but I like it sometimes when things line up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Was TH last night as I looked at the clock just before falling asleep... It was 12.34 Only other time of day when numbers are sequential is almost 1 hour earlier, at 23.45

I am not OCD, but I like it sometimes when things line up.

What about 01:23 ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    What about 01:23 ?

That's the third time I always want to catch on my phone :)

And also 13:57 :(

Think I need help!

Candles.. when the gale is raging and the cottage is literally shaking.. a lit candle... a small bright hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Graces7 wrote: »
    Candles.. when the gale is raging and the cottage is literally shaking.. a lit candle... a small bright hope.

Hope you are well tied down and wrapped up xx

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Graces7 wrote: »

You must be very open up there, stay safe :)

I don't know what I'm happy about. I have a feeling I'm going to get a very good job soon though ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Someone holding my hand in his sleep

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I've discovered what has made me happy. This song. Justin looks like he has been on it for days.

You must be very open up there, stay safe :)

I don't know what I'm happy about. I have a feeling I'm going to get a very good job soon though ;)

Lived many years in a small Orkney island so should be used to storms. This was the first bad one in this house so am happy that all seems sound and safe; need to check later but the roof is still on! Saw a gas cylinder had flown so stayed inside. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Dislodging that tiny piece of hard black peppercorn from between my teeth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

After a mad busy workweek there is a real satisfaction in getting the number of unread emails down to zero.
    Trouble is my brain is popping with too much information.

• Advertisement

Happy the wind is easing and I can go out soon to pick up the pieces confettied around the garden. Heavy teak seats have been shifted and plenty of debris everywhere. Wind speed hit 95 km/h here at 7.30. The east coast really took the brunt this time.

Happy the worst is over and no real damage done.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement