Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Tomorrow is payday and this one will be for a full month and wont be emergency taxed - i.e. I will have disposable income again!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Neames

At 4am the electricity went and the winds were howling during the storm.

My 9 year old daughter insisted that we both get up to check on her dog (he lives inside with us by the way).

Very nice to hear her talking to him to reassure him, very proud of her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

:)
    Neames wrote: »
    At 4am the electricity went and the winds were howling during the storm.

My 9 year old daughter insisted that we both get up to check on het dog (he lives inside with us by the way).

Very nice to hear her talking to him to reassure him, very proud of her.

Kids showing kindness and compassion towards animals makes me happy. She will always have a best friend while she has a dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

When the weather forecast and the app on my phone say it is cloudy with showers but in actual fact the sun is shining even if it is very windy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

Something told me to bring my sunglasses with me to work this morning.
    Now the Sun is shining.
    Oh yes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Toast, with real butter. Superb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Your Face wrote: »
    Something told me to bring my sunglasses with me to work this morning.
    Now the Sun is shining.
    Oh yes.

The shining sun is really welcome today. Nice to see it.
    Unless you are a vampire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Just made it back inside, with all the clearing up done, when the skys opened. Great to look out at heavy rain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

Foreign people with an irish twinge off their own accent. Gives me warm fuzzies. I no know why!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Writing a review for a recent purchase on Amazon, and going back in to read it thinking that was me! I'm so sad :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

Getting talking to a stranger by complete accident only to spend the day/go on an impromptu date for almost the entire day with them. Meeting new people is like therapy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

:D

16708636_1872597346317783_766508162294357010_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=bf1be06197c3b32225a20225e636494c&oe=593A38E5

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I got the dog groomed today. She can't stop looking at herself, delighted she is free of all the heavy winter coat.

73Cat wrote: »
    Writing a review for a recent purchase on Amazon, and going back in to read it thinking that was me! I'm so sad :)
    You are not alone!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

madmaggie wrote: »
    I got the dog groomed today. She can't stop looking at herself, delighted she is free of all the heavy winter coat.

My doggy was groomed this week too with a new groomer and he's FABULOUS. I'm only delira :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Apple pie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭GuessWhoEh

Burial. wrote: »
    Getting talking to a stranger by complete accident only to spend the day/go on an impromptu date for almost the entire day with them. Meeting new people is like therapy.

Tell us more:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Wish I could feicin find a person randomly like that to go on a feicin day-long date with! :( Where would you even find a person like that!

Foreign people with an irish twinge off their own accent. Gives me warm fuzzies. I no know why!

There's a lady working in the local garage shop, I think she's Polish, but suddenly she's pure Carlaaa. Strange, but a nice mix.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Burial. wrote: »

YAY! Been doing that a lot since I moved here; not the whole day but a long while.. Love people!

• Advertisement

Where to start.. the sheer bliss of silence after the utter din of yesterday up here. To be safe with a sturdy roof.... food in the cupboard... work for my hands,, the internet.. all of you...Life itself.... etc etc etc!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Yeah that makes me fuzzy too. Was just watching First Dates Ireland there. The Barman! One minute a big Dub accent on him and the next minute he's an American!

I love our lil Ireland. I love Blowins that have adopted it and made it theirs too and speak fondly of it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I've not ordered a takeaway sine 30th January. Happy!! Lost no weight. Sad.

I've not ordered a takeaway sine 30th January. Happy!! Lost no weight. Sad.

Never had a takeaway.. Live too far away .. never eat ice cream either as it would not get home solid. Happy that all is cleared up outside now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

My Spotify 'discover weekly' playlist.....oh Spotify, you know me so well :)

My partner and I pay 'wake up roulette' where one of us will pick a random song to wake us up as our alarm. The only rules are it has to be upbeat, and it can't be too quiet or he'll sleep through it. This morning we woke up to this:

Neither of us is a disco fan, but we were out of bed and Saturday-Night-Fevering our way around the flat like we were possessed by John Travolta himself, and I've been in a great mood since. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

I'm babysitting my neighbour's 6 year old daughter tonight. Just got a text from her mother's phone filled with a bunch of random letters and emojis. Then a proper message saying "That was Ava trying to say she's excited to see you later!" Talk about knowing how to wrap you around their finger :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Having my annual cold is my excuse to have hot whiskeys tonight. It's a savage bad cold so will have to have a good few of them.
    Whiskey sends me loopy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

• Advertisement

Hmmm.. the thread title is a contradiction in terms ; if something makes you happy, it is not trivial :D:);)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement