Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Well this, in the overall scheme of things, is trivial but has a smile on my face. I did a Parkrun 5km this morning, for the first time. Naturally, I walked it but it was great fun and I'm chuffed. Roll on next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Hair done,clothes and boots(many pairsðŸ˜) bought,heading to beautician shortly...not even sure if I'll head out tonight but I'm feeling happy with my purchases..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Sorted out my 2 sons clothes yesterday and have a bag full of clothes that don't fit them to go to a woman whose son is younger than mine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Flying a kite on a windy day. Could not bate it with a stick!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

bedtime....;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Feeling a bit off the past few days, yesterday I had some sort of dodge tummy and today I could barely open my eyes with the pain in the middle of my face.
    Had to go out to my dad's farm earlier and was out in the lovely fresh country air. Back in home now and feel 100 times better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

2 hours of exercise done, washing on, house tidied, dog fed.
    Long scorching shower, stove lit, rugby on. Curtains closed, feet up, big mug of tea, 2 ham cheese tomato and red onion toasted sambos, big bag of green Hunky Dory's, packet of toffeepops.
    Large pepperoni pizza for later, and watch a few more episodes of Better Call Saul. Along with more tea, and maybe a dairymilk daim.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Watching someone practice a sport and seeing their passion and enjoyment in it.
    Great to see.

A Drop Goal! We don't see enough of them. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

BIG operation needed is over, and looks as if all went well. Anxious week but worst of it behind! Back to making plans :)

• Advertisement

Poochie05 wrote: »
    BIG operation needed is over, and looks as if all went well. Anxious week but worst of it behind! Back to making plans :)

Good for you. Make room in those plans for an occasional trivial happiness inducing moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Best of luck with your recovery and hope you're home soon.

Good for you. Make room in those plans for an occasional trivial happiness inducing moment.
    Sounds a bit twee, but I make sure there is one every day, even if it's a call with a friend, or a biscuit with a cuppa! Or a drop of brandy in hot chocolate... I am very good to myself as ne friend would say :)

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    2 hours of exercise done, washing on, house tidied, dog fed.
    Long scorching shower, stove lit, rugby on. Curtains closed, feet up, big mug of tea, 2 ham cheese tomato and red onion toasted sambos, big bag of green Hunky Dory's, packet of toffeepops.
    Large pepperoni pizza for later, and watch a few more episodes of Better Call Saul. Along with more tea, and maybe a dairybmilk daim.

Dairymilk Daim? As in those little butterscotchy nibs? Tell me more!

Dairymilk Daim? As in those little butterscotchy nibs? Tell me more!

https://www.cadbury.co.uk/products/DAIM-6270?p=6270

• Registered Users Posts: 14,371 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Twirls. No other chocolate comes close.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

freshly made bed

Finding out something someone doesn't think you know ;)

Watching someone who thinks they're watching you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

northgirl wrote: »
    freshly made bed
    Freshly washed socks /thread

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

I know this is going to sound corny but helping others.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭SuperS54

Freshly washed socks /thread

NEW socks /thread

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

SuperS54 wrote: »
    NEW socks /thread

:D

Unless they are new black socks cos by the end of the day your feet are covered with black fluff and dye......grrrr

Back on topic, finding something online that you have been watching for weeks but couldn't afford and then discovering that it has been dropped in price by 60%.

PLEASE TAKE MY CARD!!! :)

Morning! A new day and SUNDAY! Good chat with Canada family to start the day right...

KingBrian2 wrote: »
    I know this is going to sound corny but helping others.

Not corny; the best happiness there is is that that gives. Thanks for this as you have reminded me why I am somewhat at a loss just now. Having to give up market trading means I have nothing to knit that will sell to feed the neediest as I have been happily doing for decades and that I need ro search now for outlets for the work

You have made me very happy! THANK YOU!

Not so trivial, but in less than a day I'll be seeing my Grandfather and introducing him to my chap for the first time. I'm quite certain they'll love one another!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

The rain could easily be annoying but feck it, got out and had a long long walk in the windy rain. Had to climb over a few fallen trees in the local park which kind of made it a bit of an adventure walk.
    And the best thing about a soggy walk is getting home, getting stripped, warm clothes and cocoa in front of the fire.

Bedtime!

Dratted second and last hwb burst; am heating foil-wrapped rocks on the fire to unwrap and hug. ... cat is asleep at my feet so we should be snug in spite of the howling wind and rattling hail...

Bedtime makes me very happy.. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭weirdspider

Going for a walk without any makeup on and feeling the wind blowing against your face

• Advertisement

Being woken by peck on the cheek, as she tries to slip out of bed without wakening you.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement