Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Being woken by peck on the cheek, as she tries to slip out of bed without wakening you.

I love this.

getting a good morning kiss even though you're not awake to know if you got one or not. They don't have to, they want to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Getting the car washed. Can barely tell the colour :/

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

In no particular order - pot of homemade soup made, more than a dozen scones out of the oven, grocery shopping done for the week, a beef and red wine stew in the slow cooker, descaling my beloved coffee machine, babies in bed peacefully asleep, a(n even more than the coffee machine) beloved hubby to give and receive cuddles from, good health to all of my immediate family, a job I love and a warm comfortable and welcoming (if not particularly fashionable) roof over our heads. I am one helluva lucky gal xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭s4uv3

The sweet sound of a baby's burp at 2am :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Couldn't sleep so went outside for a smoke. The whole place is white! And it's oh so quiet. I love snow - I feel like a kid again. And yes, did make a few snowballs :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Morning.. after a loud cold night.. end of the dark is in the near future... cats asleep on the bed...all curled up as they have been since they were in the womb together... over 12 years ago...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,915 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Pancakes tomorrow !! :D

Mam of 4 wrote: »

Gonna try my hand at it in the morning... Should be good :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,915 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Gonna try my hand at it in the morning... Should be good :pac:

Even if they aren't perfect ,mine aren't, they are always edible :D

When I took up my smiling 2-month-old gasúr this evening and, for the first time, he didn't vomit all over me. These gorgeously cute smiling babies, smiling because they have wind and need to be lifted up to belch (as I was reliably informed), must possess the most beguiling smiles of the evolutionary process.

Also, my 2-year-old daughter who has been going nuts in the house every evening after crèche for the past couple of months - demanding that everybody, including all frosty-faced Hyacinth types who visit us with their (heavily reused) Donnybrook Fair and Brown Thomas bags, play her games. These games vary from very dramatic races (I was a púca covered in a white sheet in last night's one) through the house that everybody is forced to compete in on the count of three, and her hiding everybody and then screaming ecstatically when she finds them in... the exact same place she hid them! Success! :D This is the joke that never dies. You can't really have bad days with this sort of life in your home. You'll muddle through the tiredness, the awful nights, and falling behind in work because you know this is a golden period that will not last long (as every older parent tells us).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Saw a cat earlier put out a paw and run it along the ground, seemingly to test a little suspicious-looking puddle to see if it was slippy or anything before he walked on it! Was kinda funny. It might as well have been a kid like. Animals really are like another family-member, they might as well be human.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Bambi985

Waking up in New York. The honking horns and the city workers speed walking on the pavements and the bustling city on my door step. It always makes me feel so alive :)

Listening to the unexpected gale rocking the cottage and deluges lashing the roof, and knowing that at least one of my nightdresses has blown off the washing line.. cancelling today's out time as far too rough...

Happy though as after my 2 vital hot water bottles died this week ( need them for pain relief) I opened a "new" cupboard here to find.... TWO small hot water bottles...Sheer serendipity.. I was going out today to buy new. :D Tomorrow will do now.. or the day after... have just enough meds to last..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Mam of 4 wrote: »

Pancakes today! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Pancakes

Pancakes with jam
    Pancakes with fruit
    Pancakes with sugar and lemon
    Pancakes with melted caramel bars
    Pancakes pancakes pancakes

Tea in a warm, cosy bed. Unfortunately I had to leave for work but I left happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Kdylass

I had a fabulous weekend spending quality time with my 10 year old daughter - baking, gardening and catching up on movies together...a really nice way to spend a weekend...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Hang sandwich I'm having for lunch. Also it's beautiful blue, bright & breezy out!

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

My bestie coming on a trip to Lanzarote with me this weekend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Being indoors on a cold evening, nice new scented candle lighting, just feeling cosy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Just plonking your backside into a comfortable chair with today's new paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,895 ✭✭✭gifted

Got my first friend request today on boards......chuffed I am....feel like John Travolta in Saturday night fever*.....strutting I am...

*really like phil mitchel in eastenders lol lol

for the break between gales that releases me to go out today.. heading for pastures new and some not seen for 17 years.... picnic day too....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭A_smurf

Graces7 wrote: »
    for the break between gales that releases me to go out today.. heading for pastures new and some not seen for 17 years.... picnic day too....

Your description of your day sounds so good for the mind and soul. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

First day of the season, fly fishing on the river. Kingfishers flashing a rainbow in the corner of your eye. Sun bright, water roaring through the weirs and gullies. Air so fresh it lifts every spirit. Smiles from passing strangers, fellow anglers, all feeling the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

First day of the season, fly fishing on the river. Kingfishers flashing a rainbow in the corner of your eye. Sun bright, water roaring through the weirs and gullies. Air so fresh it lifts every spirit. Smiles from passing strangers, fellow anglers, all feeling the same.

That's a beautiful image! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Aglomerado wrote:
    That's a beautiful image!

That's fishing for ya....you tend to notice the smaller things :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,137 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Just plonking your backside into a comfortable chair with today's new paper.

Above with nobody else home. Peace and quiet.

Closing the door and its curtains on the weather.. I just beat the next storm up the mountain by a short neck.... all unloaded, except the 40 kg sack of coal which I rolled out of the back of the car but will have to decant/ bucket little by little....

A fascinating day... Not as I expected in many ways, but then it had been 17 years.. Got totally lost on the badly signed or unsigned lanes and finally stopped at a shop to ask.. was heading for Cong Abbey after Knock Shrine. Kind, kind lady lead me safe there. Follow me, she said, so I did ! So many kind folk. Been meeting them all the day long. Giving kindness too... it breeds and spreads.

Rain and wind battering the cottage now, but safe and snug.

Excuse me? That is HAIL!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Yummy Mammy Pancakes yesterday. ALL of the nyoms.

Oh also! There was a little boy in Lidl singing Jingle Bells at the top of his lungs! It was funny.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement