Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Bassfish

Saw a Hare out the back garden this morning. Watched him sniffing about and scratching at a tree for ages and then he toddled off through the ditch in to the field next door. The fecker nearly made me latell for work!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Was in the pub earlier. There was this old boy in the corner. Just sitting there having a pint.
    He seemed to have the happiest look on his face. Happy and content.
    Just him, his pint and the afternoon to while away. Comfortable in his own skin with his own company.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,895 ✭✭✭gifted

Bassfish wrote: »
    Saw a Hare out the back garden this morning. Watched him sniffing about and scratching at a tree for ages and then he toddled off through the ditch in to the field next door. The fecker nearly made me latell for work!

This reminds me of the time I lived in the countryside in cork, was getting ready for work one morning and looking out the window having a smoke and there were 2 rabbits going at it like well ....2 rabbits. Next thing another rabbit hops out of the long grass and upon seeing this new rabbit the good lady rabbit bucks the first fellow off and hops off with the new rabbit....pissed my sides laughing....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

Not having tooth pain!

I'm in great fecking humour today :D

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Bassfish

gifted wrote: »
    Bassfish wrote: »

This reminds me of the time I lived in the countryside in cork, was getting ready for work one morning and looking out the window having a smoke and there were 2 rabbits going at it like well ....2 rabbits. Next thing another rabbit hops out of the long grass and upon seeing this new rabbit the good lady rabbit bucks the first fellow off and hops off with the new rabbit....pissed my sides laughing....
    Ha, the countryside in Cork is where I am and I've noticed the local women behave in a similar fashion to your lady rabbit!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Relative quiet after the loudest night I can remember weather-wise. That today I can sleep, snooze, rest, eat... Bliss

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

After years (6 plus!) of the central heating not working right, herself always cold and everyone who looked into it bamboozled. A friendly services engineer spotted a problem, the pump was put on backwards!

The guy was very angry at first that for years this was missed by every person who looked at it! He even stayed 1.5 hours after 4:30 (on his own time) to make sure all the rads all balanced and everything was perfect!

House is so freaking toasty now! Can run the burner at over 20C LOWER than what it was set at before and the house is so much warmer now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Have just won my second Competition in the last few weeks! Yayyyy. :). And actually when I got up this morning I was thinking of doing the local G.A.A. Club Lotto in this area I'm living in, which I would never do. I think I might now. Imagine winning a couple of grand..... Am gonna go look up online see can I find how much it currently stands at. :)

pension arrived. Phone banking automated is grand. Makes me happy to be able to pay my rent .

food for the day planned and only needs heating.. fuel in...

Well.. I looked out of the door just now. When I got home with the 40 kg sack of coal, all I could do was roll it out of the backof the car....

Realised IT HAD GONE..:eek:

But in my heart I knew what had happened.

Neighbours a few miles away have sheep up here and come up every morning. They are the kind ones who helped fix the water pipe etc and brought e kindling right at the start. They said to call if I needed anything..

Sure enough, the sack was safe and dry in the fuel bay...

Made my day brighter.. and they were so totally quiet the dog did not hear them

Shaking my head in sheer joy here.

Just knowing there is someone to care ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,964 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Was waiting on the bus in the rain this morning and got a tap on the shoulder, random guy beside me offering space under his umbrella. Fair play to him! Made me smile.

Cats! Been an upsetting afternoon and I realise that two of my cats instead of snuggling in the bed with me are on the pillow by my head, purring and rubbing chins... amazing creatures! Been with me 12 years...two furry faces and golden eyes as near me as they can get!

Early bed here; rain music too loud, and the very skies are weeping now.

Blessings and peace...

IT'S FRIIIIDAYYYY!!!!

I'm off home to put on my jammies and intend to stay in them until Monday. Takeaway, films, books, and best of all? Aloneness* :)

*Himself is away. I only half miss him :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Friday, raining outside, and I'm indoors, warm and cosy with a cuppa.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

IT'S FRIIIIDAYYYY!!!!

I'm off home to put on my jammies and intend to stay in them until Monday. Takeaway, films, books, and best of all? Aloneness* :)

*Himself is away. I only half miss him :p

This is my plan for the weekend too. Films, cat on lap, beer, coffee, hot chocolate (not all at once).

I had a busy weekend last week (epic booze session and gig) and this week's been crazy at work so I'm looking forward to winding down. It begins in 25 minutes. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Spudgun

i've a dvd on of my favorite band and they are singing my favorite song, its just lovely :)

I am hooked on this live cam of April the Giraffe from New York zoo. She is due to give birth this week. But taking her time about it.

http://www.aprilthegiraffe.com/

I am hooked on this live cam of April the Giraffe from New York zoo. She is due to give birth this week. But taking her time about it.

http://www.aprilthegiraffe.com/

found a bar of cadburys' I had forgotten about..

Managed to get a bucket oft coal in without getting literally blown off my feet. Was a near thing though !

My bed.... always my haven

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

Being brought tea in bed. One of my most favourite things in the world.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,895 ✭✭✭gifted

My eldest girl, 8 in three weeks being told that she's good enough to move up a class in swimming ...her sister not exactly thrilled when she heard cos she doesn't move up...all those sat mornings at the swimming pool beginning to pay off...

And yes looking at the yummy mummys always helps as well...lol lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Sunshine and birdsong in your own garden. Strolling around looking at the new growth with a cup of coffee in hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭PMBC

That's nice - a stroll in the garden.

For me its to wake up feeling I had a good night's sleep

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

PMBC wrote: »
    That's nice - a stroll in the garden.

For me its to wake up feeling I had a good night's sleep

Even though I'm retired over 18 years, I'm still happy every morning by wakening at my leisure without a bell, radio, or claxon telling me to do so.

Watching my biggest cat wash his left front paw. The concentration and attention to detail .... He is black with white front paws and white long haired bib and always so white his fur.. He really works at it,
    Ah, now he changes; next paw please....

And as his paws are clean? uses them to wash his face,,, methodology..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Put the little lads new tricycle together, he loves it! Has only put a few dents in the car so far :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Popcorn & Coke at the cinema

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭Mr_Spaceman

Finally getting hold of a rare DVD of Bachelors Walk (the RTE series of a few years back).

So it's a night in with beer, snacks while watching the adventures of Dublin's dysfunctional eejits for me... hell yeah!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭Vela

Whenever I find a new show online and there are like 3 seasons to catch up on..... IT'S JAMMIES, MUNCHIES, AND HIBERNATION TIME!! :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Waking up to some of the most hilarious snapchats ever

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement