Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Seeing so many lovely posts first thing ..THANK YOU! Got lost trying to thank you all individually !
    Pottering round the "estate" feeling surer of foot than for a long time... Moody mist draped mountains... dancing gaudy daffs.... In every window now too...
    Planning my next outing... so many lovely places to explore and some becoming firm friends...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,314 ✭✭✭secman

Sciprio wrote: »
    Going to sleep only to wake up with your cats sleeping on and around you. :D

You have just described my nightmare :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Being loved. Having someone's chest to lay on and someone to hold my hand and kiss my head as I fall asleep. I really struggle with sleeping so I love when I'm so relaxed that sleeping isn't a problem. Being loved, minded, safe and secure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

I had the first full nights sleep in a while and feel nice and refreshed today. The warm weather means my pain isn't as bad as usual which is always a plus :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,895 ✭✭✭gifted

Making chicken stock with last night's chicken, love the smell of the chicken and all the onions and herbs and stuff slowly bubbling away..

And making toasted bagels for my three little girls now lol lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

sunshine and the clouds and mountains. the cats and dog happy alongside me in the sun.... plants to tend... sunshine.. silence except the birdsong and stream melody and purr of cats// solitude except for cats and dog and birds and stream

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,838 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

My washing is drying on the line. DRYING!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

New Home wrote: »
    My washing is drying on the line. DRYING!! :)

Mrs. S has just, happily, said the same thing. Beds changed and lovely air fresh sheets washed and dried.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Having the same colour finger and toenails. Fresh mani and pedi and I feel ready for spring

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭cactusgal

More than trivially happy that I just locked up my bike in Smithfield Square, went for a longish shop, came back out ... And saw that I'd left my keys sitting in my bicycle basket. Still there.

Phew!!!! And yes, I need to be more careful.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭B00!

Fresh air and Birdsong with my coffee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

New dress I ordered the other day for a thingamabob I have in a couple of weeks, arrived at parcel motel. I love it soooooo much. It's so bloody pretty <3

Also first time using parcel motel! Sure it's only deadly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,517 ✭✭✭addicted to caffeine

going for a long car journey, falling asleep during it and waking up when arrived at the destination :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

I thought I was going for a sandwich. I ended up out for the day

<3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I thought I was going for a sandwich. I ended up out for the day

<3

Out out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Out out?

She's not even out. She only popped out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Now she's out out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭Vela

When my local yummy food place makes my favourite hot dish (which happens maybe once a week, and I ALWAYS check :D ).

Ahhhh....the way to a woman's heart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Watching Pointless with my dad :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭4Ad

Cutting the grass for the first time of the year, You know Spring has finally arrived!!

• Advertisement

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Out out?
    She's not even out. She only popped out.

I did have a lovely sandwich though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

I did have a lovely sandwich though.

Do you still have the shopping?

Do you still have the shopping?

The only thing I shopped for was pints and they're in mah belleh sti so I suppose yeah!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

The only thing I shopped for was pints and they're in mah belleh sti so I suppose yeah!

What shop did you get the sti in? I will give that one a miss.

:pac:

What shop did you get the sti in? I will give that one a miss.

:pac:

:D

Typos make me giggle :D

Also getting home to my house, place to myself, I can laugh away to myself at stupid things that happened today. I was out with two friends but the group grew and grew and everyone had a lot of fun.

Home now, lovely day in the company of lovely people <3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

Shannon757 wrote:
    I had the first full nights sleep in a while and feel nice and refreshed today. The warm weather means my pain isn't as bad as usual which is always a plus

snap to this today!

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Neames

An early evening nap after a bike ride. My Mrs could hear me snore from downstairs. Awake to the aroma of roast chicken followed by a meringue pie....

Just about to have a few glasses of red wine....chilled out.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,993 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Tried contact lenses again today for the first time in years. Since I already know I can tolerate them, and how to insert and remove them, I estimated the prescription from my specs prescription and ordered a small batch of "dailies" online. The strength is slightly low on one eye, but was good enough for me to wear them out all day today, and I only just remembered to take them out just now.

(NB: you should only start using contact lenses under the supervision of an optometrist. Inserting and removing them is not common sense, it's somethng you need to be taught by someone who knows what they're doing, by which I don't mean someone in a YouTube video.)

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

Elbow's new album.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement