Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

That finally the winter miasma of SAD is lifting...
    SO I can start carefully to build up a little stamina.. Knowing me though!

Oh forgot yesterday to add that I SAW A BIG BEE, almost crashed into my face.

That I have a quiet day ahead as I am GOING OUT all day tomorrow! On the razzle...all planned although that means nothing the way I drive around now. Flask and a sandwich... Used to live in Mayo so may look up folk there too,,

That my big cat is not dying as i thought yesterday; he has just gone totally nocturnal... so sleeps the sleep of the just all day !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Besides the sun shining and a great laugh with neighbours this morning? Seeing someone, who has been disingenuous, being caught out and hoisted with their own petard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

The first tulip of the year has blossomed. It's nice to see them but does feel like the year is flying by. (ie passing me.)

"Did you see us Nanny and Grandda? Did you know we were the dogs in the parade? We saw you and waved. We're not dogs any more because the parade is over."

A 6 year old and 4 year old after the St. Patrick's parade this afternoon. Who wouldn't be happy?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Besides the sun shining and a great laugh with neighbours this morning? Seeing someone, who has been disingenuous, being caught out and hoisted with their own petard.

Hoisted with their own petard you say?
    I do like an interesting turn of phrase.

• Advertisement

longshanks wrote: »
    Hoisted with their own petard you say?
    I do like an interesting turn of phrase.

Some say 'hoisted by their own petard' but the correct usage is '..with their own...'

Some say 'hoisted by their own petard' but the correct usage is '..with their own...'

I always thought it was 'Hoist by their own petard' but google tells me it's all acceptable. :)

TH I have a chocolate bar and a cup of tea! :)

Candie wrote: »
    I always thought it was 'Hoist by their own petard' but google tells me it's all acceptable. :)

TH I have a chocolate bar and a cup of tea! :)

Sure, Google would tell you anything. :)
    My books say otherwise but they predate Google by almost a lifetime.

Enjoy the chocolate. I may go down that route myself very shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

A successful end to a four day course. It's the start or rather the restart of the development of me, my interests and career after having the children.

The future is full of possibilities.

TH at the thoughts of Graces7 going 'on the razzle'. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Neames

Hitting the hay before 11 on a Sunday night....very rock n roll!

Having had a lovely day at the zoo with my Mrs and kid and a lovely bit of grub at the Poitin Still. Dozing off after one glass of red....checking my fit bit app before bed.....17,000 steps today!

And here comes the boom.....no work tomorrow!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

"Did you see us Nanny and Grandda? Did you know we were the dogs in the parade? We saw you and waved. We're not dogs any more because the parade is over."

A 6 year old and 4 year old after the St. Patrick's parade this afternoon. Who wouldn't be happy?

My young nieces and nephews bring such joy to my life with their little sayings and idioms

4 day week! (My last week - boo) and one of those days is a training day!

20 years since my life saving brain surgery Tuesday! My, how times flies!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

My nectarine plant, bought at half price in Aldi last year, has flowered. Just one tiny fruit would be wonderful.

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Bassfish

First weekend of getting out and about with our nine week old. Long walks in Crosshaven, Cork City and Kinsale. Got to go to my favourite burger place and got to watch a movie the whole way through for the first time since he arrived. The sea air knocks him out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

snowflaker wrote: »
    20 years since my life saving brain surgery Tuesday! My, how times flies!

What a great post.

Rogueish wrote: »
    A successful end to a four day course. It's the start or rather the restart of the development of me, my interests and career after having the children.

The future is full of possibilities.

TH at the thoughts of Graces7 going 'on the razzle'. :-)

Alas did not make it today but WEDNESDAY or even tomorrow is a promise ;)

A DAISY... In the grass at the back. Smiling up at me. Just the one.. Gold and white.... what more do we need?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

I stopped following the 'Trivial Things that annoy you' thread. I'm all about the happiness these days!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I've found a new favorite ice cream!

Had a long relaxed drive in the sun, with dry roads and the countryside looking ready to leap into life again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

With the great weather on Monday, small life is starting again. Just been to the loo at 4AM and noticed 3 largeish spiders hard at work. If that's not a sign of Spring then I'm going back to sleep :)

FanadMan wrote: »
    With the great weather on Monday, small life is starting again. Just been to the loo at 4AM and noticed 3 largeish spiders hard at work. If that's not a sign of Spring then I'm going back to sleep :)

I looked up in the kitchen yesterday and was horrified at the cobwebs.. Probably there before I moved in as looking up like that is something I am not able for often....Have had two huge spiders around since I arrived...

A new day and mild and quiet out there... Pay rise from the UK has been notified....

Finally got the sheets changed while the cats were eating..

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,838 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I needed cheering up this morning, so I turned to the giraffe cam. The first thing I see is a close up of April 'picking' her nose! :D:D:D Gross and hilarious in equal measure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

New Home wrote: »
    I needed cheering up this morning, so I turned to the giraffe cam. The first thing I see is a close up of April 'picking' her nose! :D:D:D Gross and hilarious in equal measure.

April is great. Apparently according to the vets she is going in to labour now. There was 'twitching' observed down there yesterday.

Hate it when she licks the web cam though...

The oil tank is full to the gills.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,895 ✭✭✭gifted

The oil tank is full to the gills.

An awful problem...I'll sort you out...I'll bring the barrel..lol lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

I keep replaying this clip and it gets funnier each time; hence it makes me happy:

Early bedtime makes me very happy as always.. and the washing is dry in the sweet wild wind... No need to light the fire today again.. and razzle day tomorrow starting at first light.... ;):):D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I headed to town and stocked up on stuff on offer. Actual stuff I need, too. Feeling smug now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

My husband is in the kitchen belting out the happy birthday song to our daughter. It's not her birthday for 7 months. Yesterday he sang her several Christmas songs :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement