Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Graces7 wrote: »
    Early bedtime makes me very happy as always.. and the washing is dry in the sweet wild wind... No need to light the fire today again.. and razzle day tomorrow starting at first light.... ;):):D

Do let us know how the "razzle" went, TH or TA! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Kivaro wrote: »
    I keep replaying this clip and it gets funnier each time; hence it makes me happy:

He did a mock re-take of it himself! On phone so not goin lookin for it. He looks so boring and deadpan and stuffy and haughty sitting there talking and next thing the kids walk in! :D:D. But in the re-take it's amusing and kind-of nice to see these people being ordinary and more than anything else, just being able to have a bit of banter.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Jack the Stripper

Cows calving god bless spring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭B00!

Love.

Not the romantic mushy kind, the real life heartaching-for-someone-else kind, cus life's roughed them up, or :( worse, taken them away ...or feeling so much empathy for a hurting pet, they stay up all night and cry with them... Doesn't it give you tremendous hope that we can endure (together) whatever is to come, knowing we love so deeply? Well done world - does a heart good to see that not everyone abides in the ME ME ME society. I wish no more pain for our loved ones, but being touched for and by others (close by or a world away) is inspiring.
    tumblr_m0g46vXvjR1qde80s.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Good weather makes me happy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

What. A. Day.

Being able to break out the summer dresses makes me very very happy :D

Just realised too that it's a four day week!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Just realised too that it's a four day week!

3 day week for some of us!
    Looking forward to a day of gallivanting around town tomorrow, lunch with the beloved, an afternoon of suit buying, museums, cafes... and an evening of drunken carry on with friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭PMBC

madmaggie wrote: »
    Do let us know how the "razzle" went, TH or TA! :D

Whats a razzle?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,964 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Yep .. 3 day week .. delighted. Heading off with the gf tomorrow for a 4 day weekend .

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Lovely day to cycle to work. Glorious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

When people are nice to animals. Brought my darling boy to the vet and from the moment we went in, everyone was lovely to him. The other patients families, the receptionists, the vet nurse and the vet. They told him how gorgeous he was and although he was a bit afraid of the vet he was so good. He kept trying to climb up on my knee and into my arms (he's 36kg) and the vet remarked how much he loved his mummy.

I take them for walks in the evening and it was just a lovely welcome for him rather than people walking out of their way or scowling at dogs in public places. I can't wait for the time when there will be dog friendly hotels and restaurants and cafes and pubs and you can bring dogs everywhere without people being apprehensive of dogs. Imagine if there was hotels you could bring your dog on holiday to?

Imagine if there was hotels you could bring your dog on holiday to?

Mayo seems to be the best for it :)

http://www.wyatthotel.com/

They have a dog friendly room that you can access without having to go through the hotel. It has wooden floors. My mam stayed there recently and they showed her the room. Well behaved dogs are also allowed in their bar :)

http://www.icehousehotel.ie/

My old boss brought her dog here and loved it. Said they were brilliant.

When whoops just makes my day :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

In light of the loss of a friend in the recent Coastguard helicopter disaster it's hard to be happy today, but it's like somebody up there is trying to cheer me up because I got word today that I have won €100 in each of, not one but two, crossword competitions. Crosswords I have been entering for decades without success.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Seeing the scales registering a smaller number than when I stepped on it last. I've about 3 stone to shift, but it's a start, best time of year for it too. It's so easy to put weight on in winter but I'm going to have fun exercising outdoors when I can.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Brought my kids to the park after school and the big child within me couldn't resist a go on the swing and slide :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Lady is a tramp

KKkitty wrote: »
    Brought my kids to the park after school and the big child within me couldn't resist a go on the swing and slide :D

LOL kids are great for that carry-on! I was at a playground the other day with this massive really fast zip-line thingy, a proper long one, my three-year-old was too small to go on it alone so of course I "had" to go on with him! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

LOL kids are great for that carry-on! I was at a playground the other day with this massive really fast zip-line thingy, a proper long one, my three-year-old was too small to go on it alone so of course I "had" to go on with him! :D

Us parents have to "test" these things out so we know they're safe for our kids :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

Starting to feel like myself again at last after having the flu.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

My new laptop showed today. Bargain from eBay as it was, but set it up tonight and discovered it's not Full HD as per the specs.. it's actually Quad HD :D

Result!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Getting out for a run on a gorgeous evening like that :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

Midget Gems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Good weather makes me happy

When I read that, this came to mind. Always makes me laugh :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

Gentleman caller.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

If I can pack my shopping as fast as the Aldi checkout person flings it at me, I'm TH. I think they speed up when they see me, just for the crack.

When I wake up during the night and hear my fur baby snoring, him panned out beside me so relaxed. Far cry from last night but makes me appreciate the fact I've a dog that feels safe and loved and above all, a dog free from pain.
    I feel so happy that he's so relaxed. Makes me happy that that vets bill was worth every cent. Makes me happy that he's happy. So grateful to be his mummy, I'd lose my life if anything happened him

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

In gentle recovery from my razzle day that turned into a dazzle day. So much to absorb and mull over. Only bad thing all the day long was missing a turning ( NO SIGNPOSTS!) that would have taken me across country and hitting a large town at a misnamed "rush hour" :eek:

After the wide mountains and wider lakes a culture shock!

Spent most of the day over the border in Mayo, an old stamping ground. Love Mayo. Friendliest people. Was chatting to the man in Dunne;s who was relabelling reduced fruit and veg. When he heard I was visiting from Connemara! A good Galway man!. He promptly rereduced everything in my trolley to eg 10 cents! And added things I had not chosen..... I have a veritable harvest festival here.

Sheep everywhere; rotund roly- poly ruminants, ready for their annual population explosion which is later up here.

Walked far too far and learned so much in my monastic historian "hat"

LOVE MAYO! Love Connemara too... But Mayo was my first Irish home.

So blessed I am ! So very very blessed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

The name of a horse amused me - Unowhatimeanharry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

^ Heard of one at the weekend called Red Hot Filly Pepper... :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement