Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

Sitting in a chair and actually getting to swing my legs in it. :D

Ah, the best feeling! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

gifted wrote: »
    Headphones for the match lol lol

Oh no, the more noise during the matches, the more laughs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Sitting in a chair and actually getting to swing my legs in it. :D
    One advantage of being five foot nothing!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

You know when you're driving on a motorway and it's lashing rain and you drive under a bridge? That second and a half of silence when the rain can't get your car. That's solitude.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

A new BLOO in the toilet

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

I started a vegetable garden two years ago and it was neglected last year due to pregnancy but this year I'm going to get a bit more done.

Today I bought new container pots - fancy new ones - for my herbs outside the back door. I got one of them planted with rosemary and thyme. Parsley plants have yet to go into another and I found basil and coriander seeds for the other

I got 2 hours this evening outside and got loads done. I got two of the raised beds weeded and dug over, carrots, onions and strawberrys planted. The two older children had a great time 'helping'. I thought that I had pea seeds in the shed to plant but alas looks like I used them up last year. I have aubergine and broccoli (at the eldest child request) seeds yet to plant and some more exotic carrots to plant too.

This is the stuff that makes me excited / TH these days...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Daddy randomly appearing in someone's Tinder pic. :D:D They're nowhere near the place either they must have some connections to the locality or maybe just passing through or something but was funny to see. :)

13-9

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Being invited on a boys night with my friends husband his brothers her dad and his friends because I'm "good craic" and no other girls asked to come. I should be a bit offended I'm sure but I'm not

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Rogueish wrote: »
    I have aubergine and broccoli (at the eldest child request) seeds yet to plant and some more exotic carrots to plant too.

This is the stuff that makes me excited / TH these days...

Careful with the aubergine ! years ago, I was growing one, and it had only one flower, which looked so beautiful. It was so beautiful that my MIL, who was looking after the kids while I was at work, let my little guy pick it for me as a gift when I came back from work. :eek::(:o:)
    It was bittersweet...

I was very TH today at finding my old ipod (a little one just for music). I had put it in the normal drawer, but there was a big book on top of it, and so I'd been looking for it for ages, thinking I'd lost it.
    I downloaded the Walking on Cars album and some other random album of piano + strings film sort of music that seems very nice, to celebrate !
    (Slow Is by Dardust if anyone's into that https://youtu.be/wlkDFQxIbw4 )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Neames

Getting an unexpected invitation to our neighbours for a few drinks.

Great night, nice and relaxed with some gentle slaggin, listening to my Mrs laughing and thinking I'm one lucky schmuck.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Omackeral wrote: »
    You know when you're driving on a motorway and it's lashing rain and you drive under a bridge? That second and a half of silence when the rain can't get your car. That's solitude.

A related trivial pleasure many years ago was being able to tell my young daughter that I could stop the rain for a second with the flick of my fingers while driving, It always amazed her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

Seeing a Cherry Blossom tree in bloom on a walk with our dog today. Daisys in the back garden and birdsong at the last light of the day. Spring is full of surprises and beautiful gifts.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Jack the Stripper

Calving camera working finally. New calf sucking well.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

mewe wrote: »
    Seeing a Cherry Blossom tree in bloom on a walk with our dog today. Daisys in the back garden and birdsong at the last light of the day. Spring is full of surprises and beautiful gifts.

Made me happy reading this; thank you. In the doldrums here after three days of nonstop rain and wind. Think there is a leak too.... Longing to get out and see the mountains and the daisies.. Only happy thing is the robin who comes and sings as soon as I open the door ..... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭Mr_Spaceman

Making fresh coffee plus toast and jam on an easy-like-Sunday-morning, while watching a blue tit flutter in the garden.

Back to bed now, zzzzz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

Graces7 wrote: »
    Made me happy reading this; thank you. In the doldrums here after three days of nonstop rain and wind. Think there is a leak too.... Longing to get out and see the mountains and the daisies.. Only happy thing is the robin who comes and sings as soon as I open the door ..... :)

Hope you get a window of opportunity soon. The robin might alert you when the skies clear ;)

mewe wrote: »
    Hope you get a window of opportunity soon. The robin might alert you when the skies clear ;)

Your hopes worked.. Managed a few minutes between deluges... picking the fallen daffs which now brighten the cottage.. chatting with the robin, and watching a great low rainbow shimmering.. Not weather to sit out in but it was a grand break. :):D

Almost contradictory after the TH of yesterday. But today's TH is the silence, now all have gone their separate ways. Looking forward to a quiet dinner for two shortly.

Just seen that the broad beans I set inside in trays have started that magical unfolding, the first stage of the miraculous transformation form dry wrinkled seed to burgeoning pod bearing plant.... The shoots kind of elbow their way out..

• Advertisement

Struggling with this this morning. so glad of this thread. and the challenge..... Gale is battering the cottage and they say SNOW...

But snug now, and will find something to knit. Plenty of food in the house and am deciding whether to open the tub of Heroes, or attack the nest of Easter Eggs as I need chocolate badly!

Decisions!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭misstearheus

[grownupmoment]It's a beautiful sunny day and I get to wash and hang out other bed's Bedclothes! Yayyy! :D[/grownupmoment] *

* Disclaimer: please note growing up does not constitute actual growing up of one self after 60 seconds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

Real leather.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,106 ✭✭✭Bredabe

The way Jamie kissed Eddie in Blue bloods two weeks ago!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Clean white sheets flying, drying in the icy breeze, against the sheer mountains.... finding a whole bank full of leafing-up honeysuckle by the stream here on the land around me... roof ticking in the sun.. fire glowing rich heat. And a glass full of daffodils opposite my bed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

This time of year. Day off. Up early. Some shopping and into Dublin then to do some shopping and have some me time. All waxed. New nails. Paid a visit to the stila stand and got some of their glitters, I'm delighted with life

Being on the river all morning. Successful fishing. Buzzards overhead and Hares romping around the fields. Sun shining. And to cap it all it lashes rain when I sit down to a relaxing coffee back home. Perfect!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

Today's 'Google Doodle' for the spring equinox makes me tribally happy... so cute :)

Actually Google doodles in general make me TH :cool:

If you are a bit of a nerd like me, here's a link to the Google Doodle archive

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭B00!

One of my posts got featured on Boards facebook as a fave of the day :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

I met a very attractive man today. He wouldn't be considered cute or handsome in a 'model' sense but ho hum if he didn't make my inner girlie go a wee bit giddy. It made me smile for the evening.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement