Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭B00!

Rogueish wrote: »
    I met a very attractive man today. He wouldn't be considered cute or handsome in a 'model' sense but ho hum if he didn't make my inner girlie go a wee bit giddy. It made me smile for the evening.

That's the best kind of smile, lights up your heart! :)

Getting amazingly big smiles out of my 2-month-old son, and I'm noticing loads of little things I never noticed - like his eyes, they're really, really blue. Each day his smile gets stronger and more frequent. And he always calms down with a song or just words from me. When he's upset his tiny, tiny little hands grip me tightly, amazing strength there for one so tiny.

But his smile is amazing!

Also, just putting his name on to one of his unnamed pictures in Picasa and watching all the photos I had forgotten about already match the name with the facial recognition feature in Picasa.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,915 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Snow falling , bright white , on a dark night , always magical :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

I post on the Trivially Annoying thread a lot. The other day I remembered that about 8 years ago I came very close to being killed. I feel lucky to be sitting here getting trivially annoyed about things. I regularly remind myself how amazing just being alive on such an interesting and complicated planet is, anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

Having a week off before I start me new job. Had a lovely chat with the woman in Intreo, signed me on and off, all good.

Must tidy the house!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

B00! wrote: »
    One of my posts got featured on Boards facebook as a fave of the day :D

Just saw it on FB - head blown after watching it for about 10 minutes :D

FanadMan wrote: »
    Just saw it on FB - head blown after watching it for about 10 minutes :D

:D It makes ya dizzy after awhile.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

You.

feeling rock bottom after a terrible night and here you all are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

These really bright frosty mornings are a joy to wake to. It's a treat to have a happy thought the instant you step from the bed and open the curtains; a good start to the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

My phone voice always makes me laugh. I can't help it. It's a totally involuntary thing I so and I don't know the person who I answer the phone as :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

I don't know the person who I answer the phone as :pac:

Why are you calling yourself? :pac:

Winterlong wrote: »
    Why are you calling yourself? :pac:

Re read what I said ;) :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Re read what I said ;) :P

Nope - still picturing you calling yourself and asking 'who is this' !
    I need some coffee to get the brain working.

But as an aside, trivially happy that there is free granola in the canteen. Yum!

Winterlong wrote: »
    Nope - still picturing you calling yourself and asking 'who is this' !
    I need some coffee to get the brain working.

But as an aside, trivially happy that there is free granola in the canteen. Yum!

:D

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I had cake for breakfast!!!!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Daffodils....

Daffodils everywhere!!

Being able to have the door open while I work at the cottage. Being able to wander in and out with the dog... fire lit and all snug and worn out but done a lot .. satisfying.. always the robin these days singing and chanting.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Tea that tastes better in a good china cup

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Jack the Stripper

That the weather predicted is no way near as bad as what it is, making the lambing and calving more pleasing.

Another floor cleaned and another filthy rug out at the door... And a clean rug up here now too... Odd as the kitchen is and was clean when I came. Ah well.... winning..;)

• Advertisement

New car smell :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Mr.Plough

Woke up this morning, sun was coming in the window.

Thought I had missed the train, when I got to the platform it was delayed by 10 minutes so I caught it. Due to the delay, the platform was packed. Just before the train pulled in I made the decision to move about 4 metres down the platform. Door landed in front of me and I got one of the 3 or 4 free seats in the carriage.

The train then got to Connolly Station on time somehow.

Sun was on my face for the crisp 20 minute walk to work.

Stopped at coffee angel and there was no queue and the coffee was delicious.

Walking along enjoying the coffee and a vape with the sun on my face, smile forming on my mouth and eyes, and then this came on on my headphones:-

Love this time of year

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭s4uv3

The postman rang me to see was there somewhere he could hide my parcel cos I was out and he didnt want me to have to trek in to the depot to collect it. Dote <3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

The heat of the sun on my neck, through the window, as I sit down to do my crossword.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Got a yellow snack for 50 cents when I bought a coffee in the garage. Haven't had one of them in years, they are very snackalicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭This Fat Girl Runs

An ice cold orange.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

A good shave with a very sharp razor.

Dreams about people I loved. Like they are almost here watching over me.

My phone voice always makes me laugh. I can't help it. It's a totally involuntary thing I so and I don't know the person who I answer the phone as :pac:

Is it...
    f2aefdcceffbaa3421e67571dddd811c.jpg
    ... Mrs. Doubtfire?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Took a chance and sang a weirdo version of a popular old song and it went down an absolute treat. So nice to make people happy!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement