Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Been feeling useless with no more street trading ( it was the right decision though) ... started working in eg my own patterned fingerless gloves as I HAVE to knit.. called home earlier and they asked for..... my design fingerless gloves..to sell to feed abandoned little ones. GREAT! I feel needed again!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

It's snowing!!!! In Cork. It's beautiful :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

It's snowing and I have a heater under my desk - nice and toasty but lovely to look out at :D - western road, Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Graces7 wrote: »
    Been feeling useless with no more street trading ( it was the right decision though) ... started working in eg my own patterned fingerless gloves as I HAVE to knit.. called home earlier and they asked for..... my design fingerless gloves..to sell to feed abandoned little ones. GREAT! I feel needed again!

If you don't mind me asking have you tried selling online, for example through Etsy? You could still donate profits to the charity :)

TH because it snowed last night and I'm at home with a fire lit in the stove. I'm really enjoying the last vestiges of Winter, knowing it's going to be beautiful and warm soon :) (I just caught a typo, ''beautiful and war soon'' :eek: )

Tea that tastes better in a good china cup

The fact that SmallTeapot thanked this :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

Ha! I love tea, tis great :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

Needed my hair done and I've thing on on friday so I have zero free time to do it. Ended up taking some time back from work to leave early and go to a hairdressers I've never been to before but that you just walk in, no appointments taken.

Bloody hell. Two of them pulling the head off me putting my highlights in and then straight under heat so I'll be out of here in half the time my normal hairdressers do it.

If my hair isn't green when they blow dry it I think I'll have found my new place. Cheaper too.

Love efficency.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

The news says the wreckage of the helicopter has been found. Happy that Mark may soon be recovered and returned to his family.

My first electricity bill since I moved... ;) Need a magnifying glass ;) Stood out by the gate in fear and trembling to open it then had a good laugh of sheer relief..

If you don't mind me asking have you tried selling online, for example through Etsy? You could still donate profits to the charity :)

TH because it snowed last night and I'm at home with a fire lit in the stove. I'm really enjoying the last vestiges of Winter, knowing it's going to be beautiful and warm soon :) (I just caught a typo, ''beautiful and war soon'' :eek: )

for the kindness, thanks but this is family who are working overseas and we can earn more selling as we do. Just after Christmas is always a slow time and deeply thankful it is starting to pick up again. Sending a parcel tomorrow to Canada and working on more..

Love the typo! ..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

TH that I got praise from my dentist for my gnashers. Having had terrible trouble with the teeth when younger, this is a big compliment.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Walking my dog, especially on sunny days. I have him on a leash for the most part but then we get to a secluded area and there's a pathway and I let him off the leash and he just runs and runs. Honestly I could cry looking at him. I see his tongue flapping about and his ears bouncing back and hes just so delighted to be free. He always stops at the exact same spot and looks back to see am I still there, before shooting off again. I love him.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭notsoyoungwan

There was a news item the other day about some Epipens being recalled as they were defective in some way. I carry an epipen after having had a severe anaphylactic reaction last year. No less than 8 of my friends and family sent me a link to the article to alert me to the problem. I felt truly lucky to have so many people looking out for me like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭flandabieduzie

The night sky on frosty nights in the countryside. A reminder that there's something behind the clouds that are normally there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

When I get a cold it makes my voice deeper and more serious. So although I have a cold, I get to sound like an actual grown up.

Needed my hair done and I've thing on on friday so I have zero free time to do it. Ended up taking some time back from work to leave early and go to a hairdressers I've never been to before but that you just walk in, no appointments taken.

Bloody hell. Two of them pulling the head off me putting my highlights in and then straight under heat so I'll be out of here in half the time my normal hairdressers do it.

If my hair isn't green when they blow dry it I think I'll have found my new place. Cheaper too.

Love efficency.

How did it turn out?

I agree about efficiency. It is a huge relief to deal with someone with a bit of cop on and who knows what they're doing, and just gets on with it. I was just dealing with someone like that, she made what's usually a right nuisance of a job, really easy, and I could have hugged her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Love efficency.

My last head of highlights took 3 and a half hours! :eek: Who has time for that! Sounds ideal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

How did it turn out?

Really really good. One of the best sets of highlights I've ever had.
    northgirl wrote: »
    My last head of highlights took 3 and a half hours! :eek: Who has time for that! Sounds ideal!

Yep - I literally have to take Annual leave to get my hair done every two months as I just don't have time outside of working hours to sit in a salon for that long.

I have considered getting someone to the house but the problem I've had before is if they're really sh*t or if they stop putting as much effort it, it gets a bit awkward.

TH: World's most beautiful dress arrived today. Cannot WAIT to wear it, though wait I shall have to as it's not getting worn til July!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Visited my old place of employment, for the first time in years, this morning. So happy I could pass the time of day with old colleagues for 10 minutes and then just stroll out the door and continue on my morning walk... free as a bird.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

northgirl wrote: »

I'm exactly the same, I have very long hair.

Hair related also, got a nice cut today by someone who did exactly what I told them to do and didn't take loads off. Next stop will be the colour when I sort out finances.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Visited my old place of employment, for the first time in years, this morning. So happy I could pass the time of day with old colleagues for 10 minutes and then use stroll out the door and continue on my morning walk... free as a bird.
    I do that sometimes. They still have the same b****ks manager, and I love walking past him thinking "you're not the boss of me". I have a job I love, and my work is appreciated.

Kindnesses given in so many ways to me today..so much sheer beauty and so much love expressed. And so much beauty in sea and sun and sky . God is good. all the time.

When I drove down the steep track early today, there were about 200 rotund ewes, all blackfaced and horned and full of lambs on the lane by a house where the farmer feeds them in a large layby..

They just sat and stared at me.. finally reluctantly staggered awkwardly to their feet except for one who just lay and stared at me... Could not bear to hoot at her so waited and talked to her.. so then she moved...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Balloons!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

I was thinking this morning about a pal I've not seen in a while and thinking I have to send them a message. They just text me there :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Pizza and movie night with the kids.....well pizza and movie and slyly watching the football night :)

Visited my old place of employment, for the first time in years, this morning. So happy I could pass the time of day with old colleagues for 10 minutes and then just stroll out the door and continue on my morning walk... free as a bird.

Oh I remember that feeling! I popped in the odd time after I left my old place just to say hello. Not entirely sure why because I was absolutely thrilled to leave.

Sitting here in my current profession makes me very happy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

The smell of freshly cut grass

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭cbreeze

* The first cup of tea after a huge fry
    * When pasta comes out of the pot without one piece sticking
    * Eating egg sandwiches in the open air in summer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Mr.Plough

Weather like that on a pay day Friday. Magic stuff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Just got asked for my number while queuing for a sandwich at lunch.
    That NEVER happens.
    I'd have been trivially happy to give it, but my wife would be more than trivially annoyed.

I was about 8 back in the queue so still had to stay waiting for my food after politely declining. Some lad 2 spaces back had an absolutely shít eating grin on him from the awkwardness of it all.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement