Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

razorblunt wrote: »
    Just got asked for my number while queuing for a sandwich at lunch.
    That NEVER happens.
    I'd have been trivially happy to give it, but my wife would be more than trivially annoyed.

I was about 8 back in the queue so still had to stay waiting for my food after politely declining. Some lad 2 spaces back had an absolutely shít eating grin on him from the awkwardness of it all.

:D

A fella in lidl told me I was gorgeous the other day.

Puts a quare pep in your step doesn't it? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

:D

A fella in lidl told me I was gorgeous the other day.

Puts a quare pep in your step doesn't it? :)

I basically cartoon skipped back to the office. I'll be talking to the animals shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

razorblunt wrote: »
    I basically cartoon skipped back to the office. I'll be talking to the animals shortly.

Go on ourra dat you durty-lookin' horn-doggie, yeh! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

the robin and the daffodils.. and the cats... and.. bedtime...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

The smell of freshly cut grass in the sunshine. Mrs S sitting in the sun reading her book. Birdsong everywhere as the robins and thrushes try to outdo each other. Colour peeping through and all well in our little world.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Was out enjoying the beautiful sunset and the remaining birds singing their goodnights when a huge flock of wild geese flew overhead. What a lovely sight and sound. Wish I would have had my phone to hand when it happened 

FanadMan wrote: »
    Was out enjoying the beautiful sunset and the remaining birds singing their goodnights when a huge flock of wild geese flew overhead. What a lovely sight and sound. Wish I would have had my phone to hand when it happened 

You would have missed the real enjoyment of the moment if you had :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

You would have missed the real enjoyment of the moment if you had :)

Very true. Think that's why I leave the phone inside.....no distractions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

The sun brings out the best in people. Smiles on the street have been resurrected. Passers by seem to greet each other more in the sunshine. Happy rays bringing happy days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

a friend who i was pretty sure,id never hear from again (i kinda forget to tell them something)....downloaded a app....specifically to msg me

Its brilliant to hear from them....this has made me stupidly happy today

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Sure isn't life grand! I have everything I need, everything is great and this makes me happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭Miss Demeanour

The sun topping up those tanlines felt pretty great today. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

Blackforest Gateaux.

Finally realising why Jacob-cat was hooning around like a crazy thing; poor wee live mouse :eek:

Mouse safe outside, house now quiet again... saved a life.. for now... and the peace makes me happy

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

My elderly tomcat (15 years) killed a rabbit this afternoon.

I was off today and sitting in my living room when he came to the door mawing (not meowing) with his catch in his mouth.

I let him in and rubbed him to show my approval. He then looked to return back outdoors to his kill. He ate that rabbit on my patio and I was the proudest man in Ireland to see him do it.

I know at 15 that he doesn't have much left in him but to see him hunt, kill and eat that rabbit meant a lot to me.

He's still a going concern, a cat will never surrender its hunting instinct.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

TH at the way we in Ireland get so excited about a sunny day. And there's another one promised for tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭superfurry1

Seeing my 3 year old and ten month old girls fighting over a rubber duck in the bath and looking around in sync: butter wouldn't melt :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

The smell of baking. Always a sign that something good is going to be eaten.

the sound of ..silence.. been lacking up here the last while..once I got Jacob cat off the roof...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Learning how to be more independent. My brother has taught me how to use a tree strimmers and how to do the trees into a nice smooth line. Thrilled

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,106 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Bright morning,weekly wash finished and pegged out on the line to dry for the first time this year.
    Free drying and fresh air smell.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

Reading me book in the sun!

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Sunshine!

God, I do like a bit of sunshine, it's another beautiful spring day.

Also good that hour changes for an extra bit of evening daylight. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Can't get enough of this heat and sunshine. The garden is gardened to within an inch of it's life. The car washed. Off out to play football now.

I bought a new car the other day. A hardtop convertible. Made for days like this!

Sitting,
    Knitting,
    In the sun.

Cats roling,
    Purring,
    In the sun..

Dog sprawling,
    Wagging,
    In the sun...

Robin singing,
    Winging,
    In the sun...

ALLELUIA!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Learning how to be more independent. My brother has taught me how to use a tree strimmers and how to do the trees into a nice smooth line. Thrilled

I felt like that the first time I changed an LPG gas bottle and a lightbulb! I don't know how I've managed to not have done either of those things before, maybe because the men in my life are taller and I can't reach lightbulbs and someone always transports and carries the gas bottle so they automatically connect it up while they're at it. I also used a screwdriver and a hammer for the first time recently :o

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Neames

Great weather, fresh air, bringing the dog for long walks, nice bike rides and working up an appetite.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

How the sunshine brings out fellas on their motorbikes. I love a man on a bike :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Belle E. Flops

My new car. Well it's not new but it's new to me. Every time I look at it or get into it or drive it it makes me so happy. It's so clean and silly little things like having an aux port and Bluetooth and even the little sunglasses pocket make me so happy. Such a novelty.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement