Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

The young cattle were freed from the sheds into the fields around the house today. To see the sheer happiness of them racing to and fro, kicking and jumping in total delight would put a smile on anybody's face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

The young cattle were freed from the sheds into the fields around the house today. To see the sheer happiness of them racing to and fro, kicking and jumping in total delight would put a smile on anybody's face.

Love this! This was my dads fav time of year. Letting the calves out on grass for the very first time. They'd be so happy they could run straight through the fence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Saturday afternoon naps

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I'm wrecked, but in that good way from having been working outdoors all day. So much I want to do, but it's wonderful to have the weather, and the health to enjoy it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Food alfresco. Drink alfresco. Company alfresco.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

A glass of champagne before dinner, because tomorrow is Mother's Day ;)

Poochie05 wrote: »
    A glass of champagne before dinner, because tomorrow is Mother's Day ;)
    You know, despite comings and goings here today because of Mother's Day tomorrow (when the Mother of the family will be away), it's only when I read this that I suddenly thought of my own late Mother. Thank you, you brought a smile to my face from so many happy memories.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

When you go to pay for something and it turns out it's reduced

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

The framed photo of my smiley baby niece propped up on a stone wall with Father Ted's house in the background :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

I did so much grass cutting today and had a great time doing it. Feeling very proud of myself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Trivially happy for the extra hour of brightness that's coming. The winter is the same length as other seasons but always feels longer due to the dark evenings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

Lying on the couch, cat on my lap

• Registered Users Posts: 4,106 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Being able to find all a summer outfit in about 5 mins, an odd feeling for someone who has a tri location life.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,285 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Collecting my chickens 🔠eggs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

Like most people in this thread, the beautiful weather. Got so much done in the garden today plus called out to my parents haven by the sea to give my Mum her mothers day pressie, which she loved and bring my Dad into town. Brought our dog out to beautiful Strandhill, here in Sligo and he had a great run off the lead. Then back home for Mrs. M's lovely chilli con carne and a tasty red. It's been a great day.

My dog eating rice pudding and waiting for some more with a piece of rice hanging from his chin. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Jack the Stripper

mewe wrote: »
    My dog eating rice pudding and waiting for some more with a piece of rice hanging from his chin. :)

That's very bad to be feeding a dog.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭boobycharlton

New 9-5 job next week, which gives me the ability to actually plan things like seeing friends and family. No more being called in with an hours notice, or being told to go home after arriving!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

New 9-5 job next week, which gives me the ability to actually plan things like seeing friends and family. No more being called in with an hours notice, or being told to go home after arriving!

Great stuff. Good luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Watching Shameless USA sometimes. I think the acting is unreal in it and not as Carry On as the British one. It's more poignant and heartfelt. My favourite is Lip the scholarship student who struggles with class divide.

faWH0dke.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭CaptainR

The first cut of the grass this morning really put me in a good humour. We've 1/3 of an acre that I cut with a self propelled mower so I basically just walk around in circles with it while listening to some Johnny Cash. It can really put some things in perspective.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

It's like being a child again. There's an extra hour of day and with the forecast, it's going to be a nice one. Which means an extra hour outside.....not playing football or cowboys and indians/cops and robbers but still!

And yet another beautiful sunset Sat evening - fire in the sky, last birds singing and big waves crashing on the shore. Never really feel like I am thankful enough to be living beside the sea in the middle of nowhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Reading your happiness posts makes me happy.. ;):):D

Graces7 wrote: »
    Reading your happiness posts makes me happy.. ;):):D

Knowing your reading our happiness posts makes you happy, makes me happy.

With that loop, we could be on to a perpetual motion happiness machine here. :)

Ah now, a wee taste as a treat ain't gonna kill him. Killjoy! :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Neames

Listening to new music on Spotify.

Elbow's new album...wonderful.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

No it isn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Too much dairy and sugar for a dog. That said, a little treat can't do too much harm.
    I'm happy because of the weather and my plans for the coming week

Back from a two hour drive to deposit Mrs S and our niece at the airport. Home alone now. Coffee brewing, book in hand , heading for the sunshine in the garden before deciding on the menu for dinner. A lazy quiet afternoon beckons. Bliss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

On a split-shift from a job that I handed in my notice to yesterday. The sun is shining and I'm having dinner at the Mothership's house in half an hour or so which will be delicious and then I plan on reading in the sun until I return to work at 6pm. New job and a move to look forward to. Life is starting to straighten out a little.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement