Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Unexpectedly meeting Packie Bonner yesterday. Lovely guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Not trivial, but Mark's body has been recovered. Bitter sweet. I'm happy for his family but shedding a tear too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,685 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

Floating through mild city traffic on a lovely sunny day having a good oul' perv for myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Lost the plug/stopper/whatever-ya-call-it off my kitchen sink about 5 months ago. Just found it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Not trivial, but Mark's body has been recovered. Bitter sweet. I'm happy for his family but shedding a tear too.

Condolences, Julio Tasty Spring.

I'm happy that all of my family and friends are safe, well and healthy right now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭gifted

Baked a chocolate fondant tart on Friday night for my eldest girl 8th birthday yesterday.
    Brought some over to my neighbour this evening who lost his wife 9 months ago and has two young daughters and figured that today (mothers day) would be tough on him. Had a coffee and just chatted and ate cake, let him know we were thinking of him today . Left him with a smile on his face and came home very thankful for what I have...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

gifted wrote: »
    Baked a chocolate fondant tart on Friday night for my eldest girl 8th birthday yesterday.
    Brought some over to my neighbour this evening who lost his wife 9 months ago and has two young daughters and figured that today (mothers day) would be tough on him. Had a coffee and just chatted and ate cake, let him know we were thinking of him today . Left him with a smile on his face and came home very thankful for what I have...

That was a lovely thing to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

Starting my new perm job tomorrow
    After a 6 month temp contract and after a period of recovery prior to that from a bad work experience

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Jack the Stripper

Lent out the alignment tool and needed it earlier but eyesight can't be too bad as clutch on Cruiser married first time.

Lent out the alignment tool and needed it earlier but eyesight can't be too bad as clutch on Cruiser married first time.

No idea what any of that means lol 😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Sorry to go off topic but I've been reading the comments on here a long time and it would brighten anyone's day haha. Nice folks ye all are.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Sorry to go off topic but I've been reading the comments on here a long time and it would brighten anyone's day haha. Nice folks ye all are.

We try to find the small things in life that make us smile. Just like your comment :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Cat walking across me on the bed and giving me the strength to get up. Her purr is awesome and she knows when I need it.. Quiet air outside and so much food in the freezer... ( a huge setback here so need the small comforts so much and they are always there.)

FanadMan wrote: »
    We try to find the small things in life that make us smile. Just like your comment :)

Old old saying.. it takes only one small candle to defeat the darkness...and better to light a candle than rage at the darkness..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

This morning was glorious.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Someone I helped out a while ago dropped in with a beautiful gift.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

My house is gradually being cleared of all the "stuff" we keep for no reason. I think it's a bit psychological, that I dragged that "stuff" for years, I find it hard to tackle it.

I was off today so I tackled my 11 yo's bedroom.
    She wanted it cleared so badly, but couldn't get started as there was so much to do !
    So I have 3/4 of the room cleared and tidied.
    The bins are full so I didn't feel sorry I didn't get it finished, it'll just have to wait until bins have been collected.

She was thrilled with the result.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

People in my life. I spend so much of my time grumbling and finding fault with things that I rarely take a step back and appreciate those I have in my life. I get so consumed at times at those I don't have that I don't realise how lucky I am.
    I have an OH that puts my grumpy head in front of his own happiness, he makes me feel safe and loved and secure. I have the best friends in the world, someone who'd get up at 6am and call to my house, accompany me to an appointment and insist on waiting with me until I was admitted onto the ward. She has kept in contact all day with me checking to see how I am, is making me my favourite dinner tomorrow if I'm discharged and told my OH in no uncertain terms that she's taking me home from hospital with her until I'm feeling a bit better. Her family (her mam and dad) treat me like one of their own. I'm also grateful for my parent in laws, another set of parents who've taken me under their wing and treat me like I'm part of their family. I have good friends that have good hearts, and sometimes I'm so consumed and paranoid about being unable to trust people, or being so hellbent in feeling isolated and alone, that i don't always stop to see the little acts of love and kindness people show me when I'm not so guarded.

The fact that I'm in a point in my life that I can recognise that there's genuine good in people, in little things, and unspoken acts makes me happy. The fact I'm not so full of sadness anymore that I can see these things makes me happy, and makes me want to make someone else feel the same.

Having a permanent (albeit a far away) job

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Jack the Stripper

Got my blog up and running, jts.

• Advertisement

down to basics and need a serious HUG please. Things get harder every day just now and no way through or out.

So! Yes. my bed, food of every kind around me. work for my hands that will delight and then help others.... my bed..... the critters who love and trust me... the flowers opposite my bed... found forsythia in flower... the internet...

library books, and my bed..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Things will get better grace, hang in there <3

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Today is my little lad's first birthday. I've managed to keep a small person alive and happy for a year and he's cuter than ever :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

This is certainly trivial but it happened me last night. When you change lanes on the motorway and manage to avoid any of those cats eyes bumps. So smooth.

People in my life. I spend so much of my time grumbling and finding fault with things that I rarely take a step back and appreciate those I have in my life. I get so consumed at times at those I don't have that I don't realise how lucky I am.
    I have an OH that puts my grumpy head in front of his own happiness, he makes me feel safe and loved and secure. I have the best friends in the world, someone who'd get up at 6am and call to my house, accompany me to an appointment and insist on waiting with me until I was admitted onto the ward. She has kept in contact all day with me checking to see how I am, is making me my favourite dinner tomorrow if I'm discharged and told my OH in no uncertain terms that she's taking me home from hospital with her until I'm feeling a bit better. Her family (her mam and dad) treat me like one of their own. I'm also grateful for my parent in laws, another set of parents who've taken me under their wing and treat me like I'm part of their family. I have good friends that have good hearts, and sometimes I'm so consumed and paranoid about being unable to trust people, or being so hellbent in feeling isolated and alone, that i don't always stop to see the little acts of love and kindness people show me when I'm not so guarded.

The fact that I'm in a point in my life that I can recognise that there's genuine good in people, in little things, and unspoken acts makes me happy. The fact I'm not so full of sadness anymore that I can see these things makes me happy, and makes me want to make someone else feel the same.
    Happy for you Lexie. :)

I have my other half home this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Shinbin223

So I had been seeing a guy since the beginning of February. I'm picky when it comes to men and I am very quick in deciding if I want to pursue something or not so when I met this guy, I knew pretty quickly I was interested. This guy came across as happy go lucky and that he was very laid back and it would take a lot to bother him.
    He had become a little distant so I asked if things were fizzling out from his end. He sent me a message last night and basically the gist of it was that he didn't know where he saw his future and he was thinking of going abroad to work and didn't think it was fair to get into a relationship with me if he was going to turn around in a few months and say he was heading abroad.

What impressed me the most was just how honest he was. We hear all the talk that men don't say what they are feeling and keep so much in but he told me some very personal things last night that I know are genuine. We have decided to leave things as they are but in a weird way I am actually fine about it. We talked things through.He got what I was saying and I got what he was saying. He understood that I wasn't going to wait around for him to make up his mind and I just went to bed last night feeling strangely content. We spoke about things like two mature adults, and I am happy with myself that I'm feeling quite "zen" about the whole thing. If something is meant to happen between us it will and I'm impressed with how he was just so honest and genuine in what he was saying. So I guess some might not view this as something to make a person happy but I am so I'm going to continue it!

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Foggy Jew

Today is my little lad's first birthday. I've managed to keep a small person alive and happy for a year and he's cuter than ever :)

Nothing trivial about that!! Enjoy his birthday. :)

It's the bally ballyness of it that makes it all seem so bally bally.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭This Fat Girl Runs

My avocado today was the perfect ripeness. Beautifully green and creamy. It made my sandwich epic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

My avocado today was the perfect ripeness. Beautifully green and creamy. It made my sandwich epic.

Your username never fails to delight me! :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement