Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

My car only failed on one small thing even though it's nearly a classic. I got a nice caramel coffee to celebrate and a bottle of white wine, genuinely delighted right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I work outdoors, and didn't get a drop of rain today.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

I've put a head of bendy rollers in for overnight curls (Vanity thy name is Rogueish) and I've managed to put them in flat on the sides of my head so I can sleep comfortably. Happy days.

Tomorrow is a very busy day at work and I will at least be facing it with a head full of springy curls. ;-)

Rogueish wrote: »
    I've put a head of bendy rollers in for overnight curls (Vanity thy name is Rogueish) and I've managed to put them in flat on the sides of my head so I can sleep comfortably. Happy days.

Tomorrow is a very busy day at work and I will at least be facing it with a head full of springy curls. ;-)

Thanks for bringing back a TH memory. My Granny used to plait my hair when it was wet, next day I had lovely wavy hair.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Jack the Stripper

I parked the pajero passengers side down slope so gravity helped closed door with hands full of shopping.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

I parked the pajero passengers side down slope so gravity helped closed door with hands full of shopping.

Why not reverse in or park arse in - all doors will work with gravity then :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

Making the 6am bus!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

A day off work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

I had a good sleep last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Pears.
    So hard to get a pear that is just the right level of ripeness and juiciness. But when you get one - yee haw!

Edit: Also TH at seeing the first baby rabbits of the season coming out of their underground burrows.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭A_smurf

Been working on a group project with a group of girls in my course in college for most of the semester. The report we have been working on will be submitted today and its one of the girls' birthday today as well. So all of us in the group chat have sent happy birthday messages to her in our chat! Hope it makes her day having the report submitted and all of us wishing her a happy birthday as well! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Finished work until Monday...ðŸ˜

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

I thought Cadbury had shafted me by putting no eclairs in the box of Heroes on the office table. Turns out they were all hiding at the bottom. It's the little things... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭reap-a-rat

Noveight wrote: »
    I thought Cadbury had shafted me by putting no eclairs in the box of Heroes on the office table. Turns out they were all hiding at the bottom. It's the little things... :p

The Eclairs seem to be never-ending too. Mam had a couple of tubs of heroes over the Christmas and I'd be the only one who'd go for the Eclairs. Up to the first week in Feb I was still finding Eclairs, when there wasn't a Twirl to be got ten minutes after the box opened. We actually got a tub ourselves and counted the different varieties - I think Twirl had like 8 and Eclairs has something mad like 17. But it's great when you love them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

when the PMS passes and I start to feel remotely human again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Out for steak dinner tonight! Mmmmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

When I'm asleep I'm happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

I got the replacement SIM card 10days ago. The spare phone went missing.

I finally found the spare phone this morning and had it charging. Could the bloodly SIM card be found? Hell no!

I was leaving work this evening and 'lo and behold I found the SIM card. :-)

Now just to find where the drivers licence and passport have absconded to..... *sigh*

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Neames

Here comes the boom...

No work until Monday!

The little blond head of hair slowly revealing itself amid the grunts across the kitchen table from me as my 2-year-old pulled herself up onto the chair, with the most gorgeous beaming smile emerging as she finally got her head above the table to see the porridge she had gone into rebellion ten minutes beforehand to secure before bedtime. The beauty of innocence.

• Advertisement

Hours in one job gone down, hours in the other job gone up, and I'm actually better off!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

1st week in new job done! Long slog to Dublin!
    Off to Thomond Park tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Watching a boat cruise through the end of a beautiful big rainbow. Wonder if they found the pot of gold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

A very sudden and heavy rain shower - got soaked. But to see 5 sparrows enjoying a wash in the puddles on the drive would lift your heart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Fundraising tomorrow. With Guide Dogs. Quality Time ahead :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭This Fat Girl Runs

The end of a long term, very stressful and anxiety inducing situation. A huge weight lifted from my shoulders. A glass of bubbly to celebrate. Bliss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Today, with bed linen all washed, a tumble dryer!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭misstearheus

I just saw a Forum Request on the main page for Toenail Scissors! :D:D Too funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Roadtoad

Friend of a friend is getting married today, for the third time (abroad, hopefully outside of Boards.ie range). The groom insisted on doing the deed on April Fool's Day.
    The bride is 74 years old. Good on you both!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

The Dublin Bus driver ordering the teen fella off the bus because the teen verbally abused him on boarding the bus. The rest of his gang follow suit even they did'nt have to get off, after boarding. Better off without the lot!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement