Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I met my best friends 6 week old baby boy today! She lives in England so I had to wait. I had lovely baby cuddles and a great chat with my best friends!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Walks in the rain. When you are in the mood for it the feeling of the rain on your head is only deadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

I bought a €3 scratch card and won €100! Not so trivial but definitely very happy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭zimszimer1

Love catching a glimpse into other people's lives. All those things we probably don't appreciate half enough when we're experiencing them. Better than any reality TV. Parents collecting grown up daughters and sons from the airport, loved up teen couples hanging out in town, person walking down the street listening to music not knowing they're hand dancing. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Think a lot of people have said it before.....me included, but this thread makes me happy. Last read of the night here sends me off to the land of nod with a happy glow at others happiness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

It's an absolutely gorgeous morning ,so calm and sunny...it would put you in good form.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Colser wrote: »
    It's an absolutely gorgeous morning ,so calm and sunny...it would put you in good form.

Just what I came to say.
    The light this morning casting shades of orange in to the room. The garden lit up with dozens of colours and a light mist rising off the leaves as the sun warms them after the frost. A glorious start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

Unbelievable morning. Loads to do but decided to take a scenic spin with the roof down. The sea looks stunning. Stopping now for brekkie by the seaside. What a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭This Fat Girl Runs

Every morning when my cats see that I'm awake, they come running to me for cuddles.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Thebe

Just seeing any two strangers help each other, like holding a door open or passing on an unused parking ticket.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

When someone appears to have a crush on you. I'd have been stupid about it before and been quite cold but I have copped on a bit (I hope) and it's quite endearing. Life has enough grumpy, mean, rude and selfish people in it so might as well appreciate the ones who take a shine to me :D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

There is a workman doing a job in our house this week. He is finishing up for the day and cleaning up after himself.
    Swear to God he is leaving the place cleaner than it was when he started. He is really getting stuck in to it.
    Good man, put a cheer on my face!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Passed a man earlier with his dog. The dog was proudly carrying a frozen pizza (in it's box) home. Don't know why but just love when dogs are carrying things! Makes them even more adorable.

That a baby girl close to our hearts is showing great signs of improvement after a serious illness.

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Neames

Monday night

Walking Dead
    Glass of red wine
    Oreos

I was sending a text earlier that started with "I've made such a mess of my.."

My phone suggested the next word be life.

Thanks, phone, I love you too :pac:

I was sending a text earlier that started with "I've made such a mess of my.."

My phone suggested the next word be life.

Thanks, phone, I love you too :pac:

Don't leave it hanging there.... what did you make a mess of? Your hair... your dinner.... your almost completed oil painting...????

Don't leave it hanging there.... what did you make a mess of? Your hair... your dinner.... your almost completed oil painting...????

Oh my house!!!

I have too much stuff. I hate having too much stuff! It's in bags for the charity shop now but my house is a state.

Happy thread happy thread happy thread.

Oh! On the plus side. I found an absolutely beautiful handbag that I adore but haven't seen in a while >.<

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

That a baby girl close to our hearts is showing great signs of improvement after a serious illness.

Now that post would make a lot of people happy and not just trivially...hope that little lady continues to improve.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭reap-a-rat

northgirl wrote: »
    Passed a man earlier with his dog. The dog was proudly carrying a frozen pizza (in it's box) home. Don't know why but just love when dogs are carrying things! Makes them even more adorable.

My brother's Golden Retriever carries in a sod of turf for my Granny when she's bringing in turf :) It's so cute!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭This Fat Girl Runs

After months of insomnia and anxiety dreams/nightmares I finally had a good nights sleep and a good dream. I'd forgotten what it feels like to wake up rested and alert!

Mrs S got the cast off her wrist today and now just has a splint for a couple of weeks. Happy days. She may be able to drive herself in a day or two. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭jennyhayes123

I got a new phone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I'd forgotten how nice the house looks when I give it a good proper clean. It won't last, next glimmer of sunshine and I'll be outdoors again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭B00!

Seeing this post :D

(was featured on boards facebook, too funny!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Lady is a tramp

Just got a text, "Night Em. Dad."

So cute that he still thinks he needs to sign it. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

B00! wrote: »
    Seeing this post :D

(was featured on boards facebook, too funny!)

+ 100
    just watched it at least 5 times, last one I had to make it discreet as Mr M asked me how many times I'd watched it already, but then I pulled the lead of my headphones off accidentally and he caught me rotten :o

TH that I got a little hand luggage in Guiney's today, it was only 35 euros. Then I went to TK Maxx to check what they had, as I need other luggage, and they had the exact same luggage for 46.99. I love savings ! (needless to say I didn't buy any luggage in TK Maxx)

Staying back with the pub owner for chats and free booze.

mud wrote: »
    Staying back with the pub owner for chats and free booze.

I supplied the rollies.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

reap-a-rat wrote: »
    My brother's Golden Retriever carries in a sod of turf for my Granny when she's bringing in turf :) It's so cute!

Retrievers are the best!!! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement