Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,780 ✭✭✭buried

Just finished the bastard work, going to sit down and relax for the evening with some beers and some new albums released today. This is what its all about. Have a good friday and have a great f**king weekend everybody

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Registered Users Posts: 5,669 ✭✭✭storker

jimgoose wrote: »
    Your username never fails to delight me! :pac:

And her attitude. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Watching my dog running and barking in her dreams. Wherever she is, she's having a ball!

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Thebe

madmaggie wrote: »
    Watching my dog running and barking in her dreams. Wherever she is, she's having a ball!

So true, it is hard not to laugh out loud when this happens, too cute.

The wife. Overheard her this morning talking to my 3-month-old gasúr and it went something like this: The girls are going to love you, aren't they? You'll be off in Irish College and they'll be queuing up to ask you to dance... My, wouldn't Mammy like to see all the things they'll be writing in their copybooks about you...you're going to be a total heartbreaker, aren't you?... And you'll join Kilmacud and you'll captain the team within a year [this line quickly escalated so that he was captaining the winning Dublin hurling and football teams in their respective All-Ireland Finals!]

He is doing the most amazing smiles and cooing sounds to all this plámás, while he stands in front of her with a wild full head of hair like the mad scientist in Back to the Future (he was also told the fact that he was born with a full head of hair "shows how advanced you are". Hehe)

This evening it got even funnier when the poor
    gasúr was being readied for his bath: 'Look at his strength... see the way he can pull himself up... he's amazing [ what I was witnessing was herself lifting and holding him up but what I said was 'Yes, that's really amazing.' hehe] This went on and on until the wife said in absolute conviction as all 3-months of him was being held up on the kitchen table before he was put sitting in the baby bath, which was now also on the table: 'Seriously, just look at him - he's like a Greek god!

At that stage I just had to roar laughing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

The wife. Overheard her this morning talking to my 3-month-old gasúr and it went something like this: The girls are going to love you, aren't they? You'll be off in Irish College and they'll be queuing up to ask you to dance... My, wouldn't Mammy like to see all the things they'll be writing in their copybooks about you...you're going to be a total heartbreaker, aren't you?... And you'll join Kilmacud and you'll captain the team within a year [this line quickly escalated so that he was captaining the winning Dublin hurling and football teams in their respective All-Ireland Finals!]

He is doing the most amazing smiles and cooing sounds to all this plámás, while he stands in front of her with a wild full head of hair like the mad scientist in Back to the Future (he was also told the fact that he was born with a full head of hair "shows how advanced you are". Hehe)

This evening it got even funnier when the poor
    gasúr was being readied for his bath: 'Look at his strength... see the way he can pull himself up... he's amazing [ what I was witnessing was herself lifting and holding him up but what I said was 'Yes, that's really amazing.' hehe] This went on and on until the wife said in absolute conviction as all 3-months of him was being held up on the kitchen table before he was put sitting in the baby bath, which was now also on the table: 'Seriously, just look at him - he's like a Greek god!

At that stage I just had to roar laughing.

Brilliant :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,290 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

When Roy Orbison's vocals come in in Traveling Wilbury's "Handle with Care"

Bliss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8s9dmuAKvU

• Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭misstearheus

It's
    my
    Birthdayyyy!
    :pac::):cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

It's
    my
    Birthdayyyy!
    :pac::):cool:

Happy Birthday....hope it's a great one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

I fear this may be breaking all sorts of rules... (please move if it is)

But this video put a genuine smile on my face when I seen it

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1296145200466801&id=582197141861614

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭This Fat Girl Runs

April the giraffe is finally in labour and I'm actually home to watch it! So exciting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

April the giraffe is finally in labour and I'm actually home to watch it! So exciting!

I feckin well missed it. Honest to God, I have been watching that damned cam since the third week in February and then low and behold - she gives birth when I am no where near a signal. Typical!

But the wee baby Giraffe does look to be doing so well.

Winterlong wrote: »
    I feckin well missed it. Honest to God, I have been watching that damned cam since the third week in February and then low and behold - she gives birth when I am no where near a signal. Typical!

But the wee baby Giraffe does look to be doing so well.

The baby is so adorable. I am still watching the feed. Watching it try and then begin to walk was amazing! Textbook birth by all accounts. Went very well and April was so laid back and chill! I'm sorry you missed it. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

I only found this out today but I am really really good at Crazy Golf :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

I got a dark chocolate easter egg, a butlers one. It tastes just like I had imagined. Perfect!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,994 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Watching my dog try and dry herself on every soft surface after she's been swimming in the river or pond.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

Seeing someone running for a bus, looking like they'll never make but then they do. That always cheers me up a little bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

One of my cats is passed out asleep on my chest snoring away. She's so adorable!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Day at the races. Winner winner chicken dinner!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

Today easter sunday being the day that's in it, getting a Dublin Bus fairly handy so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I've just been given a box of chocolates, more than TH!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

This one might just be for the parents!

3 boys 2yr, 4yr and 9yr olds ate all their dinner. Homemade lasagne with lamb, yellow pepper, baby corn and broccoli. Not often even one of them will finish dinner. All 3 together unbelievable.

Now I don't feel so guilty giving them copious amounts of Easter eggs 😬😬

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

Being an adult whereby I can procrastinate the f**k outa cleaning my house.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I'm listening to my sister's talking and they're so weird, they make me laugh. One sister asked the other to put fake eyelashes on her and her payment would be a nutella dip! They're 23 and 25 and they're trading nutella!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

All the chocolate!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Spending an intimate few hours with my favourite girl in the world :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭misstearheus

The feeling of default contentment, whether yer in a happy mood or not it makes ya content :D:D that a lovely sunny Spring evening brings, everything in the room is tinged with orange with the sun reflecting in the window off the furniture, birds chirping like mofos, kids babbling away playing outside etc. :) :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭Miss Demeanour

Going for a walk....smell of sea air and the sun on my face. :) Was the icing on an already great afternoon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Lady is a tramp

Bumped into an old friend the other day. She has just opened a new nail salon and insisted on bringing me there and giving me a fancy Shellac manicure, nail art and all, for free! And the coffee and chats while she was doing it made it all even better. Lovely to catch up. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

Forcing myself to change duvet on my own and put on new good sheets and spraying pillows with lavender so after watching broadchurch finale I can just climb in

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement