Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Cats.

The fur and purring just gets me.

They're so cute, triangular ears, furry body and appendages.

A cat on the lap is the greatest stress realiver known to man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

Only in work today and tomorrow and then off again for Thursday Friday. Can I get a hallelujah!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

mewe wrote: »
    Only in work today and tomorrow and then off again for Thursday Friday. Can I get a hallelujah!!

Hallelujah Hallelujah Hallelujah:)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Cats.

The fur and purring just gets me.

They're so cute, triangular ears, furry body and appendages.

A cat on the lap is the greatest stress realiver known to man.

Thanking although great as they are. one of mine somehow managed to get into and eat my EASTER HAM which I had left to cool safe in a pan with a heavy glass lid atop.... Wish I could have seen this but gutted as I so rarely have a treat like that. Wondering how he managed to PUT THE LID BACK ON. Was so looking forward to that ham... yearn.... Bread and cream cheese was not the same.. :rolleyes::eek: Would have fed me for days AND THEY WOULD HAVE HAD A SHARE!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

Hallelujah Hallelujah Hallelujah

Testify sista! 😊

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Neames

Getting a cheaper deal on my car insurance...over €200 saved....sweet!

Having almost made it through the day.... 4 pm is my cut off for the day these days.... Thanks for the kind company folks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

The dash of blue as a kingfisher flashed by on the river. The speed, the colour, the novelty and the wonder at Nature.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

The dash of blue as a kingfisher flashed by on the river. The speed, the colour, the novelty and the wonder at Nature.

Have you been talking to David again :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

Putting my key in the door and hearing everyone in there safe and sound!

• Advertisement

Have you been talking to David again :)

An email from him about two weeks ago. I'm actually going to town tomorrow looking for a 91st Birthday card, as his birthday is three weeks from yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Jane Lynch popping up unexpectedly in an episode of the Good Fight - funny lady :)

That over full, sweetly stuffed feeling after eating two Easter eggs..... as you reach for one of the mini chocolate bars that came with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

When you're about to give in and report your bank card lost and then you find it ( after 3 days).

Colser wrote: »
    When you're about to give in and report your bank card lost and then you find it ( after 3 days).

Oh yes, have not forgotten the relief of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,621 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Colser wrote:
    Oh yes, have not forgotten the relief of that.

Haven't seen my bank card in 6 weeks. Been working from banking online and transferring money in to credit card account. It'll turn up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

A few moments ago I had a massive convergence of what I can only describe as synchronisation.
    For a few fleeting moments everything made sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Schwanz

Saturday Mornings.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Couple of Cadbury Crunchie Bars currently making me happy! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

There is a german girl sits near me at work. She has been living in Ireland for about 2 years now.
    Her boyfriend is from Cork and despite only having been to Cork twice in her life she speaks English with a wonderful Cork accent.

Her speaking always puts a smile on my face.

• Advertisement

When you go to town for a specific item that may not be available, or take some tracking down, and you get it in the first place you try.

I am off work and he is not. Stayed in bed till 11, still in pyjamas and watching desperate housewives season one on Netflix.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

I am off work and he is not. Stayed in bed till 11, still in pyjamas and watching desperate housewives season one on Netflix.

DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES IS ON NETFLIX??
    You've made my day :D

Made me very happy today and renewed my faith in humanity that when "disaster" struck ie a tyre "blew" there was so much practical help almost immediately.. well apart from the JW type who used the chance to afflict me with a leaflet.... Not happy with the unexpected cost but was not left stranded... can no longer change a wheel you see..

The tiny lamb who followed the car as I neared the house bleating pitifully as in WHERE IS MY MUM! made me happy with his sweet trust and beauty. These are pedigree black faced horned sheep and the tiny ones are breathtaking with their whiteness, their soft black faces and tiny horn buds. Made me even happier when he found his mum! The mountain is rich in tiny lambs now.. utter beauty.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Graces7 wrote: »
    The tiny lamb who followed the car as I neared the house bleating pitifully as in WHERE IS MY MUM! made me happy with his sweet trust and beauty. These are pedigree black faced horned sheep and the tiny ones are breathtaking with their whiteness, their soft black faces and tiny horn buds. Made me even happier when he found his mum! The mountain is rich in tiny lambs now.. utter beauty.

And their noise is beautiful too!

An unexpected visitor who brought many a smile in the hour she was here. Someone who brings light everywhere she goes. She's 82 and a sprightly individual. Full of fun. Never a moan or complaint about anybody or anything. And, in the words of Mrs S, 'a snappy dresser'.
    A delight.

Then, as she's leaving, the phone rings with an invitation to join another couple for dinner tomorrow at our favourite restaurant.

I must wash my hair ;)

FanadMan wrote: »
    And their noise is beautiful too!

True. It sounds like "Mmiiiinnntttt" :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Dear lord there goes my life

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

An unexpected visitor who brought many a smile in the hour she was here. Someone who brings light everywhere she goes. She's 82 and a sprightly individual. Full of fun. Never a moan or complaint about anybody or anything. And, in the words of Mrs S, 'a snappy dresser'.
    A delight.

Then, as she's leaving, the phone rings with an invitation to join another couple for dinner tomorrow at our favourite restaurant.

I must wash my hair ;)
    I love old people like that!! A very special lady to me was in her 80s when she died but she was so much fun. We'd go to lunch and she'd insist on paying in case it was "the last supper". She owned so many handbags and had such an infectious laugh that you couldn't help but laugh when she did. She was really cool. Not old lady like at all. One of my most favourite memories of her was shortly before she died, she had a checkup at the hospital. She wasn't unwell at this stage, so I was worried hearing she had a checkup and asked her if she was alright. She told me she was fine, that they were just trying to figure out why she wasn't dead yet :D

She made me so happy. If I was sad or ever needed cheering up, she'd be the one I'd go visit. Over 60 years in an age difference but no doubt one of the most fun, coolest people I've had the pleasure of knowing. I love old people like that. Elderly people who'll tell you crazy stories from the past but will have their minds open enough to advise "never get married! You don't need a licence to have sex anymore!"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement