Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Gave my bathroom a good going over. Love getting stuff like that done.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

True. It sounds like "Mmiiiinnntttt" :)

I sounded just like a lamb when I read that out loud :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

KKkitty wrote: »
    Gave my bathroom a good going over. Love getting stuff like that done.

I need my glasses checked. I saw 'bottom' instead of 'bathroom', for a split second.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

Aw bed. I love bed. Beeeeddddd. And new sheets and all. I love you bed mwah xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭The-Rafalution

When I wake up at what I think is morning and time for work but check my phone and realise I've a few hours sleep left. But not that feeling, it's the turning over in bed after putting the phone back down and allowing a minute just to enjoy it before dozing off again :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Not that one

Getting the kids to bed without any fights, hassle or delay tactics (hungry/thirsty/forgot to brush teeth/forgot to kiss goodnight etc).
    A nice lazy evening with Mrs NTO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

A bar of chocolate, a cup of tea and the Champions League after a day at work.

Tidied my room and hoovered and mopped the floor. Swept and mopped my hall, kitchen and sitting room floor too. My oldest son is gone off to my sister's house for a few days. He skyped me earlier saying he's having a great time but doesn't want to stay too long more in case he gets homesick bless him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Four Phucs Ache

Had a raspberry seed stuck in my wisdom tooth for a few hours.Got the fecker out and its like I can relax again.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

the deep silence of these night hours... peace....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

The way it's totally acceptable for me to wear fluorescent pink lipstick to work, with a winged liner. Every day can feel like a Saturday night

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

We're painting the house (outside) ! New colour scheme, love it, can't wait to see it all done. 10 years since last coat of paint.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Having an argumentative client on the phone at work demanding to know why something I do is done the way it is, and that it should be done their way.

I have great pleasure in pointing out that what I do and how I do it are enshrined in legislation and sending them on their merry way.... :D:D:D:D

Happy today? Everything, anything and nothing really. Just a happy day. A good morning by the river.... gardening done.... reading a great book...weather is pleasant..... nesting birds all around the garden....out to dinner tonight....everybody is well...some grandchildren called in for a visit....

Just another happy day in the Srameen household.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Listening to my neighbour's children laughing and playing. Such pure innocence, it is wonderful.

new day.... a morning that smiles when the door is opened, to birdsong and blossom, primroses and purring..... good chat with family on phone.... whatever the day brings, this is pure and holy and whole. Nothing can touch this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,602 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Colser wrote: »
    When you're about to give in and report your bank card lost and then you find it ( after 3 days).
    That happened to me last Saturday, except mine had been missing for 3 weeks. (I knew it had to be in the house, though.) Now if I can just find my credit card which has been missing since September...

I'm just happy to be here in work with nobody bothering me for the moment, chilling to 'Europe Endless' by Kraftwerk. I'm going to have a busy day, so I'm making the most of it.

Good company.

Good food.

Good weather.

Good laughs.

And a hand to hold.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

My lovely, shy, kind older friend who is almost as far away in 'class' from me, as two people could get. Actually, the fact that the people I get on with are from many walks of life makes me very happy.

The postman has been and nothing unwelcome so am clear for the weekend. Only knew as this postman ( they take it in turns to drive all the was up the track, as one of the told me it is "like driving on the surface of Mars.." ) has his radio on FULL BLAST and the poor cat was utterly traumatised ( through three feet stone walls) and shot under the bed,...

So I can relax now;waiting on potentially difficult news..

• Advertisement

After all my cleaning during the week I don't have that much left to do today.

My dogs. The oldest has a fluffy coat. We've been outside playing ball and the cherry blossom trees are stunning with all the pink flowers. I went inside, got lots of hair clips and picked lots of the flowers from the tree, and have clipped them to my little mans coat. He's stunning now. He looks like a real life snapchat filter

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I got to use a metal detector the other day, it was awesome. My brother-in-law lost his wedding ring in sand. We searched for ages by hand without any luck.
    Got the detector and found it in about 10 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Stalled for a moment outside the Chinese to go in and get a spicebag but had the willpower to tell myself it wasn't a good idea.

Full as a tick.

Almost running out of tomato ketchup (Heinz of course) but having JUST enough left for my chicken nuggets

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Let a lady out at a junction this morning . Got a big smile and about 40 waves she was delighted. In fairness I'd say she was waiting to get out for 5 minutes...i love when people are appreciative

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Meeting my 82 year old uncle and he is still trying to catch me out , wind me up. I hope I am that mischievous when (if) I get to that age.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

A blackbird singing at twilight!

• Advertisement

Winterlong wrote: »
    Meeting my 82 year old uncle and he is still trying to catch me out , wind me up. I hope I am that mischievous when (if) I get to that age.

I suspect you will. ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement