Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Happy knowing winterlong only needs to live another 4 years to live his dream

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Getting a Ryanair flight to the UK. I never pay to chose a seat,I'll take what the computer gives me. A young family with kids were in the emergency exit row and were shifted out by the stewardess. They wanted a guy for the row and picked me. Emergency exit row with leg room and no neighbours,score

On the way back from the UK to Dublin the row was empty, they asked me would I move there and hell yes I would.

What are the odds twice on the same trip :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sue Pa Key Pa

My family, my dog, my team winning and a soft shlte

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Happy knowing winterlong only needs to live another 4 years to live his dream

I will be happy to give you a calculator to help with the auld sums.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Bambi985

Found a long-lost and cherished skirt from Topshop that I bought about a year ago and that mysteriously disappeared shortly thereafter. Was hanging on a hanger and hidden by a t-shirt at the back of my wardrobe. There's a lot to be said for an aul spring clean.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Got that brute of a double mattress turned - all on my own. Knackered but delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,106 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Travelling with my traditional muslim colleague on the tube last week, chatting and laughing about the similarities between the religion she lives and the catholicism I grew up in, surprising the lack of differences. I could see how ppl in the carriage who were tense cause a Muslim and an Irish woman could be a precursor for trouble, but as soon as they saw we were just two women on the way home chatting happily I could see others start to smile.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

I've a Monday - Friday 9-5 job, OH does different hours every week. Normally it's me getting up for work and him snoozing away in bed, this morning it was the other way around :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

More than happy that when my wee car chose to take a nose dive into a ditch ( with me in it..) up in some mountains alone miles away from the nearest house, a farmer and then a tractor diver, then two big strong local farming lads arrived to pull it out.. so much sheer kindness and good cheer ...they blessed me mightily.. Also that when these things happen,like the tyre blowout last week, I do not panic or get upset, but just work out how to sort it out..Used to really have a panic attack when things happened.. NB car miraculously is not damaged.

Felt so safe.

The birdsong and deep peace up there alone in the mountains. A lark rising, swallows soaring... when I was waiting for the tractor, watching one of the sheep work successfully at opening the gate to the field. Out it came and I shooed it back in and relocked the gate... big burly sheep with HUGE horns.. the farmer told me it was one of his rams... said to me "GOOD MAn.. WOMAN....."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Graces7 wrote: »
    The birdsong and deep peace up there alone in the mountains. A lark rising, swallows soaring... when I was waiting for the tractor, watching one of the sheep work successfully at opening the gate to the field. Out it came and I shooed it back in and relocked the gate... big burly sheep with HUGE horns.. the farmer told me it was one of his rams... said to me "GOOD MAn.. WOMAN....."

Think you must be part Dr Doolittle :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

Some friends of mine who I've known for a long time said they are considering moving out my way. It probably won't happen but if it does, great! and the thought is nice :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Having no plans for the day. A lovely sunday like a blank canvas.

FanadMan wrote: »
    Think you must be part Dr Doolittle :D

Oh I hope so. Although I have to say that had I known it was a RAM I might have hesitated... ;) I used to find stray cattle when I was out early and find a gate and make sure they were safe...found a herd of NINE donkeys on the road yesterday.. deep rural Ireland is amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Waking up non hungover and getting to go play 11 a side soccer at a very decent standard.

Blessed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Watching five Buzzards circling over the garden. A fantastic treat!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Rugby. COME ON LEINSTER!!!

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Rugby. COME ON LEINSTER!!!

Your enthusiasm is inspiring! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭This Fat Girl Runs

Pressing an ear to a purring cat's belly.

Pressing an ear to a purring cat's belly.

awww.. reminds me of the days I used to listen to unhatched chicks pecking at the shell... a wonder..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

Finding the absolute perfect birthday present for a grandchild and seeing the absolute delight on their face when they open it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Fresh shower.

giphy.gif

coffee. Just.. coffee.. cold hands curved around a big hot mug and that first grateful mouthful that warms and renews... coffee....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Monday. The best way to start the week anew.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭Chuchote

Cycling down along the Dodder to the sea and seeing an egret

415480.jpg

When drivers wave thanks when I pull in between cars and wave them past.

When my dog and the kitten next door sit and stare at each other, wondering if they should make friends.

Chuchote wrote: »
    Cycling down along the Dodder to the sea and seeing an egret

415480.jpg

When drivers wave thanks when I pull in between cars and wave them past.

When my dog and the kitten next door sit and stare at each other, wondering if they should make friends.

What a sheerly beautfiul post THANK YOU! I needed that today

AND when I opened the door. CUCKOO! Echoing around the mountains .. Well, I feel better now

And yes I love when cars you have pulled in to let pass flash a thankyou. Lorry drivers excel at this.

And I always reciprocate when eg a farmer lets me pass.

Graces7 wrote: »
    What a sheerly beautfiul post THANK YOU! I needed that today

AND when I opened the door. CUCKOO! Echoing around the mountains .. Well, I feel better now

And yes I love when cars you have pulled in to let pass flash a thankyou. Lorry drivers excel at this.

And I always reciprocate when eg a farmer lets me pass.

Funny thing is that drivers rarely flash or wave thanks when you're cycling - makes it extra special when they do.

Another - when you see the first leaves peeping up from a plant you've sown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

Chuchote wrote: »

when you see the first leaves peeping up from a plant you've sown.

Totally agree. I love this.

And your dog's happy whine-grunt and tail-wag when she sees you coming down the stairs in the morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I got a text from a former friend who wants to call over. She's sorry and wants to catch up. Part of me is delighted, but the other part is going what's this about. I think I'll just go with it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement