Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Being able to get up fairly easily out of bed this morning. Just a small thing that proves I still have some independence despite my disability.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

My passport has been missing (put away 'safe' - you know the adult safe spot that's so safe nobody can find it) for the last number of months. Anyway I decided that today was the day to tear the place apart until I found it.

So far I've found
    A file of important documents (also put away safe) that I need to complete 2016 accounts.
    About 6 gift cards
    A cheque book
    4 cheques made out to me in my married name. I'm going to have to be brass necked about this in the bank. Present myself, passport id & marriage certificate and see if I can lodge them into my account.
    A box of teeth whitening strips I thought that I had thrown out.
    Everybody elses passports

AND finally my own passport :-)

That's what I call a productive mornings work!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Played a 5-a-side match last night after being injured for ages.
    I didn't get a re-occurence of the injury!!
    I also scored a hatrick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭Chuchote

Rogueish wrote: »
    4 cheques made out to me in my married name. I'm going to have to be brass necked about this in the bank.

And you may have to ask the person who made them out to reissue them, depending on how old they are; cheques only last three months now, as far as I know.

I would kill anyone who keeps a cheque and then suddenly cashes it, if it's any substantial amount. Normally if I give someone a cheque I do it when I've managed to corral a certain amount of money in my account. If they don't cash it, of course that money gets spent, and then the cheque lands in and I'm desperately trying to put money in from anywhere I can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

An unexpected package in the post containing old photos of me, and others, with an old acquaintance in Canada many years ago. The man concerned died last year and his family kindly thought I might like the little album they put together. A sweet thought and great memories.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

Chuchote wrote: »
    Rogueish wrote: »
    4 cheques made out to me in my married name. I'm going to have to be brass necked about this in the bank.

And you may have to ask the person who made them out to reissue them, depending on how old they are; cheques only last three months now, as far as I know.

I would kill anyone who keeps a cheque and then suddenly cashes it, if it's any substantial amount. Normally if I give someone a cheque I do it when I've managed to corral a certain amount of money in my account. If they don't cash it, of course that money gets spent, and then the cheque lands in and I'm desperately trying to put money in from anywhere I can.

I know. They are to refuse d postage. Altogether they amount to over 100e. If they don't go through I'll just mark it up to a charitable contribution to the cause. But my actual donation to the company is commercially worth in the 1000's so the 100e postage won't break their budget..

Another TH. I've been in super efficient mode for the last few days and gotten lots done. Here's hoping it's gonna last....

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

The very notion of calling a cat Christopher or Stephen.

Knowing there are truly nice people around. I had a lovely sequence of PMs from another Boardsie that really confirmed how nice people can be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

In my greenhouse enjoying the sunshine and birdsong....ahhh, the simple pleasures.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I've had a chocolate bunny sitting on my desk since Easter, about 3 minutes ago I decided to open it and eat the ears.

I ended up eating the whole thing. Oh yeah!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I've had a chocolate bunny sitting on my desk since Easter, about 3 minutes ago I decided to open it and eat the ears.

At least he couldn't hear you munching the rest of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Omackeral wrote: »

Heard a guy call his dog who had obvious wolfhound blood in the mix Brendan today

At least he couldn't hear you munching the rest of him.

giphy.gif

Poochie05 wrote: »
    Heard a guy call his dog who had obvious wolfhound blood in the mix Brendan today

I wanted to call my dog Nuala.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

My friend's dog is called Donal

• Registered Users Posts: 21,915 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

On our dogs papers , her name is Missy Lizah .. Lizah for short :pac:

Boom_Bap wrote: »

Oh how I admire your willpower. It wouldn't have lasted a wet minute on my desk.

Heard parents call their little boy River the other day. Obviously went with the flow when it came to naming.

Chuchote wrote: »
    Heard parents call their little boy River the other day. Obviously went with the flow when it came to naming.
    Middle name Lee or Shannon ?

Middle name Lee or Shannon ?

:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Reason I brought this up is myself and my gf are thinking of getting a cat and the two names we were debating were either;

A) Christopher

Or

B) Lee from 9-1-1 (as in the 90's band). Like the cat's full name would be Lee from 9-1-1.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Despite the crushing blow of finding my first grey hairs today I'm baking a cake now.

when herself goes home at night. I hate sleeping beside another person (other bedroom activities are grand). I can sit outside late, smoking or reading, listen to loud music and forget to wash up. Bliss.

I wish someone had warned me as a kid that being an adult doesn't always mean doing whatever you want to all the time.

Reason I brought this up is myself and my gf are thinking of getting a cat and the two names we were debating were either;

A) Christopher

Or

B) Lee from 9-1-1 (as in the 90's band). Like the cat's full name would be Lee from 9-1-1.

Or Christopher Lee?

Christopher-Lee-Dracula-006.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

On the topic of doggy names, my previous dog was Bet, formerly Bubbles. Try calling a dog Bubbles round here and they'd be notifying the men in the white coats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

There was a cow in Cincinnati who escaped an abattoir and subsequently evaded capture for 11 days. She was named Cincinnati Freedom (Wiki link) and lived out the rest of her life in a farm animal sanctuary.

That story made me happy :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

This story is just wonderful.

I had a bad day today. Work pressure, phone-call about family member suddenly hospitalised. Had to ask to leave work, not feeling so good myself and quite worried now about family member. Could not face cooking after leaving the hospital so I went somewhere to eat. (Not my home town, one near hospital) Ordered dinner and ate it, few tears while I ate but nothing too noticeable I thought.
    When I went to pay I was told that a woman who had been in with a friend had paid for my dinner because I looked like I needed a lift. No name, no contact details, no way of thanking her. What a wonderful gesture from a kind human being.

This story is just wonderful.

I had a bad day today. Work pressure, phone-call about family member suddenly hospitalised. Had to ask to leave work, not feeling so good myself and quite worried now about family member. Could not face cooking after leaving the hospital so I went somewhere to eat. (Not my home town, one near hospital) Ordered dinner and ate it, few tears while I ate but nothing too noticeable I thought.
    When I went to pay I was told that a woman who had been in with a friend had paid for my dinner because I looked like I needed a lift. No name, no contact details, no way of thanking her. What a wonderful gesture from a kind human being.

And that is what life is about.

Hope you're ok :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Mr.Plough

Pay day

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Mr.Plough wrote: »
    Pay day

Your username always makes me smile and sing this song in my head.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement