Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

You know how you buy extra tins of biscuits at Christmas as stand-by gift just in case?
    When you find a tin today with BB date mid May, what else can you do?

Happy not to waste them. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

My sister sent me her scan pictures today. All is going well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Had company while mowing the lawn this afternoon. Tame robin seemed to love the fact that I was making it easier for him to look for food. Hopped alongside the mower for ages. And when I stopped to empty the basket he sat on the mower waiting for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

My neighbour invited me to her son's communion. I thought it was family only, so I'm delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

I may live to regret this, but I'm delighted that Sunday is due to be rainy and miserable ! I want a pyjama day, and if the weather was too good I'd feel I should be doing something.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

This thread makes me happy, and getting my hair done ... I can face anything when my hair is perfect! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

My phone is now fully loaded. New audio book, 3 new albums and a new novel in my kindle app. Happy days.

I'm heading into work now and have the possibility of getting a wee bit of shopping done afterwards...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

LynnGrace wrote: »
    This thread makes me happy, and getting my hair done ... I can face anything when my hair is perfect! :D

Aw me too!

I'm not allowed shower today because I've a poxy heart monitor on and I'm already feeling manky but you've made me think I might go get a blow dry :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Nap time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Pottering around the house, nice and cosy, just myself and the cat.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Last night I saw a rickshaw driver giving two homeless lads a lift for free

Getting the cars washed and waxed before a shower hit.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,842 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Some saintly soul anonymously dropped a large bar of chocolate through my letterbox while I was out. My friends are exceptional people! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Hunger pains! It makes me happy to be able to feel Hunger pains. Get so fed-up of a million different Body-parts that I can't even name being sore all the time. So the littlest thing is nice.

The excitement on the face of our youngest grandson when they pulled up outside this afternoon and he looked out of the car to see me at the window. Worth a fortune.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Daisy78

Candles lit and dinner on.

Also my Lego Batman keyring makes me happier than most other more important things :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Four Phucs Ache

Did a full shop today and the next available trolley was brand new. I did a little dance on the spot.

Like pushing a cloud around.Made my day so it did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

The excitement on the face of our youngest grandson when they pulled up outside this afternoon and he looked out of the car to see me at the window. Worth a fortune.

What a lovely post. Our youngest grandson the same. At a family event he is happy to see everyone. Then he sees me and his face lights up and he runs towards me. Makes me teary just to think of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Lady is a tramp

I was meant to be hiking up a mountain tomorrow morning with a group, and I just saw that it's been cancelled. Now I was looking forward to it and all, but at the same time I'd a loooong long day today, with and early start and lots of driving, so I'm kind of relieved now that it's off. :) Can still do it on my own later in the day anyways, if I'm not feeling lazy! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Ms. Chanandler Bong

Some lovely lovely customers in today...
    The hilarious lady in her late 70's/early 80's who made me laugh til I cried telling me all about her adventures in wearing Spanx-style underwear.
    The customer who praised me for having my family while I'm young, telling me she started at 33 and she regretted not getting pregnant earlier. I'm in my late 30's...:D
    The kid who told me in all seriousness that he didn't want a bag for his toy that he was after buying as he was only going to take it out of the box as soon as he left the till.
    The lady who came back looking for her paperwork that she'd left behind while shopping. She was so overcome with emotion that it had been found, it brought a lump to my throat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

Having dinner with my two best friends, and realising that I've now known them over half my life - so I've had them in my life longer than I haven't. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

At my niece's show! Great fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Waking up on Sunday and knowing I won't be getting the Sunday night fear of going into work tomorrow as it's a bank holiday.

When that galeforce wind is on your back for the return leg of the walk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Out last night when I ran into a guy I used to be friends with years ago - when I was in leaving cert. he was sober because he was working, and back then I was mad about him, he was unreal. Now he's absolutely built like a tank, looked well in his uniform last night but I'm over the crush of course. But it still didn't stop me being absolutely delighted when he told me how good i looked last night, I was thrilled! My 17 year old self would have not have been able to play it cool if that happened back then :D

Out last night when I ran into a guy I used to be friends with years ago - when I was in leaving cert. he was sober because he was working, and back then I was mad about him, he was unreal. Now he's absolutely built like a tank, looked well in his uniform last night but I'm over the crush of course. But it still didn't stop me being absolutely delighted when he told me how good i looked last night, I was thrilled! My 17 year old self would have not have been able to play it cool if that happened back then :D

Gosh Lexie, it almost sounds like you have matured. ;)

Has our little girl become all grown up?

Feels good doesn't it? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Gosh Lexie, it almost sounds like you have matured. ;)

Has our little girl become all grown up?

Feels good doesn't it? :)
    I wouldn't get too excited yet S, I partied til about 7am and am puking all morning. We'll have to hold that grown up thought!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Hangover free weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

Stomach has settled after this mornings food poisoning :-o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭FizzleSticks

This post has been deleted.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement