Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Singing Annie are you ok?! Literally tone deaf but that doesn't stop me. I love all those anthem songs that I can sing awfully at the top of my voice. Always cheers me up

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Singing Annie are you ok?! Literally tone deaf but that doesn't stop me. I love all those anthem songs that I can sing awfully at the top of my voice. Always cheers me up

Same here. I have a singing voice that would clear a pub. They should employ me to start singing at the end of the night to get everyone to leave :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Finding that one of the garden benches is in the sun but out of the wind, so the crossword gets done bathed in vitamin D.

Thanks Lexie, that's stuck in my head now and all I have is "Annie are you OK? Are you OK Annie?" It's driving Mrs S round the bend. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

I am off to the playground!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭Mr_Spaceman

Lemon tea while listening to my favourite show on BBC Radio 6.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

A few years ago I got a babyliss curl secret as a pressie. I never used it until today. Why? Why did I not use it before? It looks like I got my hair done. It's fabulous. I would seriously consider getting up twenty minutes early in the mornings to have hair like this every day.

<3 good hair.

Really??!! I've been eyeing these up for years but too afraid to invest. I've tried everything to curl my hair but nothing works. I might take the plunge with one of these.

Erm...trivial things that make you happy...seeing a hair curling idea that works ;)

Look at the time. The work week is over!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,345 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Those new tubs of Magnum Ice Cream, where you have to squeeze it to crack the chocolate shell around it.

MAGNUM_IH_PINT_RANGE-e1486551748469-768x418.jpg

Yeah, they make me happy now.

nx737.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Having the house to myself. Boyfriend is gone away on a stag. Delighted. Just had the nicest shower ever, lit myself a little fire and gonna have a glass of wine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

A neighbour called in this evening. We sat outside drinking wine in the sunshine and talking about nothing much. If he hadn't called in I'd have been inside, doing housework, but that can wait.

Got all the bedclothes changed, washed and dried this week. The wash basket is empty, got out and about a few times this week too. I don't leave the house much but the good weather brought me out of my shell a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

KKkitty wrote: »
    Got all the bedclothes changed, washed and dried this week. The wash basket is empty, got out and about a few times this week too. I don't leave the house much but the good weather brought me out of my shell a bit.

Nothing more satisfying than an empty wash basket!

anna080 wrote: »
    Nothing more satisfying than an empty wash basket!

I keep opening the lid every once in a while just to believe it. Clothes washing is such an arduous task.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Going to the cinema with an absolute ride as a date.

Popcorn, minstrels thrown in .

Couldnt give a sh1te about the film.

Heading out to a birthday party for a young lad... he's only 60 today.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Just took my young teen to buy his first suit...he's 6'4" and I have to say it's stunning on him(not being big headed as all the other customers were saying it lol)...feeling proud and bit weepy seeing my baby all grown up looking..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Lady is a tramp

Today so far I have marshalled at two 5km runs, and then I ran 5km for the very first time. Didn't think I could do it but I did it. Very proud of myself.

And I've unexpectedly "acquired" a car. This is good, I badly need a car, and decided yesterday morning I'd better make it a priority in my life to get one. And now I have one! Taxed and NCTed and insured and all the rest too. I'm a bit suspicious of how it all happened so suddenly, and how the timing was oddly perfect, but hey. I'm not gonna look a gift horse car in the mouth.

Also I did the lotto last night, think I'd better check the numbers, I'm feeling quite lucky, all things considered! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,106 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Despite typing my correct name in the right place being the only thing I did right on my application form, still got offered the course!
    Added "bonus" another venue to lay my geographically bewildered head, for the weekend workshops.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Gonna hang out some clothes in this nice weather. Yayyy.. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Cerisepink

Just found out my guilty pleasure show Real Housewives of Orange County recorded two episodes in Ireland and apparently it's hilarious. From taking shots of baby Guinness to getting kicked out of the pub for fighting. Classic. Downloading!

I am flying solo so am having a spaghetti western night. All that is missing is the chewed cigar and sombrero.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Had to jury-rig a third washing line to cope with my days work. Not one piece of dirty bed clothes in the house, no curtains on the windows and the couches are throwless........everything washed and on the line. Think the washing machine is crying :D

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Garrett81

A cup of teas with two Sugars ☕️

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,842 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Ferrero Rochers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

A trip to the toy store :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Bags of rhubarb in the freezer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

The dawn! Am failing miserably at getting to sleep as usual but have a kaleidoscope in the window. Dark shades from the land. Blues from the sea and to finish it off, all the soft colours of the sky. From my tiny window there is every colour out there.
    Plus I have a lot of birdsong to enhance it.

Sleep!!! Who needs it?

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Garrett81

FanadMan wrote: »
    The dawn! Am failing miserably at getting to sleep as usual but have a kaleidoscope in the window. Dark shades from the land. Blues from the sea and to finish it off, all the soft colours of the sky. From my tiny window there is every colour out there.
    Plus I have a lot of birdsong to enhance it.

Sleep!!! Who needs it?

OMG I'm not alone😀

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    A trip to the toy store :)

"No we're not getting a tractor today... maybe next time"

:rolleyes:

18359216_10207364027818126_3808357535012524587_o.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=2d742fd45817a873cce6a50b2e442abd&oe=59876F5F

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement