Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

^^^^ That is brilliant. Boards BBQ round your place!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Sitting by the lakeside, 99 in hand, jetskis on the lake and everyone having a good time :)

And KERSPLAT's tractor :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Dogs annoying me with their ball. They love that ball. I hid the ball under my pillow and lay on it pretending to be sleeping. Biggest dog rooted his head under me and actually rolled me over just by using his head, and rescued his ball. Cute

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

Sunshine

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

Today I pulled together a surprise 3 course Sunday dinner for 4 adults and 2 children from whatever I had to hand. It looked as if it was planned :-)

The wash basket is cleared. Two loads of washing drying/dried on the line.

I also got 2 more pots outside the back door planted with herbs. I now have mint, parsley, chives, rosemary, thyme and coriander. Just to add basil and dill to the collection...

I also got out to the vegetable garden this afternoon. Peas, broccoli, aubergine and I think a couple of cauliflower which I had grown from seed all planted out. Some old pots cleared out and a general tidy up.

Sitting down now with a tidy(ish) kitchen, sitting room & bathroom and a lovely glass of vino. It feels like summer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

A few of my family like my parents and brother and the grandkids went to a sports day yesterday.

I couldn't go but they came to my house after for something to eat and one of the younger ones won a goldfish for me :)

Oh and they named him for me too. He's called Fluffy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Looking in the mirror and my winter blotchy sick looking face has been replaced with a sunkissed light tanned color and looks a lot healthier.

Twit Twoo me!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Planning holidays. I want to go away for my birthday-ending-in-0 later this year. I'll go on my own, I don't care for parties.

I've found inspiration on the Ryanair site and I think I'm going to go to Carcassonne.:):) And I have a voucher that covers most of the cost of the flights! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I love the "She's a supermarket woman" song on the F&F ad. It makes me happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,897 ✭✭✭gifted

That I've taken a weeks holidays and enjoying the sun ....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Aglomerado wrote: »
    Planning holidays. I want to go away for my birthday-ending-in-0 later this year. I'll go on my own, I don't care for parties.

I've found inspiration on the Ryanair site and I think I'm going to go to Carcassonne.:):) And I have a voucher that covers most of the cost of the flights! :)

Lovely city. Enjoy and happy birthday. Oh to be 20 again, you lucky thing!!!

quickbeam wrote: »
    Lovely city. Enjoy and happy birthday. Oh to be 20 again, you lucky thing!!!

I could be the parent of a 20 year old ;)! 3 months to go! But thanks! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭This Fat Girl Runs

I get to see two of my best friends this month! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

dog is back after a week missing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Lucena

@Robsweezie
    You must be so relieved ! If my dog went missing like that, I don't think I'd sleep for the whole week.

Robsweezie wrote: »
    dog is back after a week missing.

I'm trivially happy for you!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,842 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I'm VERY happy for you and for your dog, this is brilliant news! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

he runs off down the road occasionally and has gone misssing before to chase after a bitch in heat, but has always come back. I think he always will come back after this. he knows where his bread is buttered.

have to put him in the kennel for a while to feed him and stop him running off again too soon, he came back weak, limp and lost a bit of weight as before. he has free reign to go where he wants.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Carcasonne is a.may.zing
    Went this year. It's like something out of disney

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Lucena

Jesus, I must go to Carcassone, sure it's only down the road from my gaff!

• Advertisement

Me first :D

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Ms. Chanandler Bong

Went to Carcassonne a few years back not expecting very much after a friend who'd been there telling me "there's not much to see apart from the castle".
    The castle (and the old town within it's walls) is amazing! Did a spot of shopping in the new town and had some fantastic dinners with lots of cheap wine every night we were there. It may be one of Ryanair's more random towns to fly into but I thoroughly enjoyed my time there :)

Just so I'm not in trouble for chatting on the thread, my TH for the day is my LO running to her friend at the childminder's (after not seeing her for a week due to me being on hols) to give her a massive hug and kiss. Nice to know she's enjoying her time with the childminder.

Carcassonne booked. Deposit paid on a chambre d'hôte in the city centre. :)

I love having things to look forward to. I'm away to Amsterdam next weekend too, group trip. :):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

Reading James Corden's name multiple times in the Who is someone you inexplicably can't stand? thread. I feel condoned now.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,623 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

People taking Waterford Whispers articles seriously and making serious posts about the content.

My niece said my name for the first time today :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

anna080 wrote: »
    My niece said my name for the first time today :)

Magical, isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,410 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Is there anything(s) you enjoy or like that you consider small pleasure?

A small pleasure of mine is walking past a chipper. I love that salt and vinegar smell that comes out of a chipper when you open the door. I live near a chipper and when walking past it I always get that nice smell. Sometimes makes me want to go inside and buy myself a fish and chips, then again maybe that's the point of the smell.

Another small pleasure of mine is browsing for computer games or albums in shops that sells comptuer games and music. Used to love going into HMV especially, and having a look around the Rock and Metal sections. That's what kills me about all the HMV stores closing, is that it's prevents me from having a nice wander around checking out the collections and maybe even buying and album I might not have. Same for games as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

When you get the USB in right on the first try.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

When I walk out my door in the morning for work and I realise that I'd reversed the car into my driveway the night before.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement