Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭soups05

when i walk in the door, having been gone for 5 mins or 5 hours, and my dog goes ape and acts like he has not seen me in years.

pets must be given immediately and he won't leave my side till he is sure am not going back out again.

love my dog :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭valoren

When you're out and about and a Baby or a Small child smiles at you for no discernible reason.

When you have a programme recorded and you do the 'fast forward' through the adverts, then pressing play at the precise moment the show starts again.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Threads on the little things have been merged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Threads on the little things have been merged.

I love when that happens <3

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

When my cat falls asleep on me after demanding strokes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

Was out painting the house this evening. More ended up on me than the house. But now I get to peel it off my hands :D

Please tell me I'm not the only one who loves doing this? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭misstearheus

When Traffic-lights change to green as you're slowing down just coming up to them and ya don't need to come to a complete stop and can pull away again. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

I remembered the tooth fairy was supposed to visit tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

maudgonner wrote: »
    Was out painting the house this evening. More ended up on me than the house. But now I get to peel it off my hands :D

Please tell me I'm not the only one who loves doing this? :o

Same as the old Evostik wood glue! Would leave this lovely thin layer of translucent "plastic" over your hand and could gently peel it off and try to get as much off in one piece. My dad used to have to hide the bottle on me cos I was going through so much of it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,578 ✭✭✭worded

Corona beer with a lime

Mountain biking through the woods in the sun wearing just shorts listening to music

Seeds germinating and peeping through the soil for the first time looking for light

Fresh herbs from the gardens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

TH that my three work days this week were Monday, Tuesday and today. Done this evening and that's it until next week. Doesn't happen often.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I found a mint humbug in my pocket while out for a walk earlier :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,842 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

73Cat wrote: »
    I found a mint humbug in my pocket while out for a walk earlier :)

Bah! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

My dog got groomed and they did an awful job, he looks horrendous but it makes me laugh. He looks like pinky from pinky and the brain

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

anna080 wrote: »
    My dog got groomed and they did an awful job, he looks horrendous but it makes me laugh. He looks like pinky from pinky and the brain

You need to train him to bark Narf!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Today my family told me that I looooookkk like a mooooonnnkkkkeeeeyyyyyyy, and act liiikkkeeeee onneeeeee toooooo!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Today my family told me that I looooookkk like a mooooonnnkkkkeeeeyyyyyyy, and act liiikkkeeeee onneeeeee toooooo!

My step-daughter is pretty sure I'm the actual Predator - the look of pure, fascinated horror sometimes is priceless! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Happy You day!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭This Fat Girl Runs

I'll be hugging my best friend in about 5 minutes. Haven't seen her in over a year. I'm so excited!

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

Extremely trivial but I got two of those infernal finger fidget yokes today. My 6 year old went to bed sobbing last night 'cos he "was the only one who didn't have one". For the love of Mammy - the world does not end for the want of a spinning lump of plastic!

However, to see the wee mite heartbroken was just too much so I'm trivially happy to get two of the damn yokes (One for the 6yo and one for his brother) for less than 3e too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,436 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Rogueish wrote: »
    Extremely trivial but I got two of those infernal finger fidget yokes today. My 6 year old went to bed sobbing last night 'cos he "was the only one who didn't have one". For the love of Mammy - the world does not end for the want of a spinning lump of plastic!

However, to see the wee mite heartbroken was just too much so I'm trivially happy to get two of the damn yokes (One for the 6yo and one for his brother) for less than 3e too!

apparently they are meant to calm you down but i've eaten 3 of them this morning and i still feel very stressed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

Someone brought me cakes for helping them this morning. I did feck all for them!

I like cakes.

I might have one. Even though I'm not meant to be eating ANYTHING BLOODY NICE BECAUSE OF STUUUPID WEDDINGS.

Maybe just a little one....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Finally managed to get used to switching from weekly to monthly pay. It took a couple of months and it was a bit barren in parts. Last month was the first time I wasn't hanging for my wages to come in, and I actually had a few bob in my current account before getting paid. Not much but it was the principle. Also, it was the first month I didn't need to borrow from anyone. I am officially in the black :)

Happy that i have finally finished answering the tender questions i was asked to do. Never have a prettier tissue of lies been written.

People with a lovely sincere smile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Winterlong wrote: »
    People with a lovely sincere smile.

:)........:pac:

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    :)........:pac:

:D:p

Those 5 little words

No recent traffic incidents reported

Scrap that. the M50 is a carpark.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I was eating salad one day and apparently had some sticking out each side of my mouth. My daughter told me I looked like a giraffe. I was so happy, I love giraffes !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭dizzyn

Finishing a great first day in my new job:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement