Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I am absolutely terrified of spiders and run a mile when I see them, but just now I saw a wood lice on his back struggling to get up. His little legs were moving and he couldn't move himself. I got a piece of cardboard and flipped him over to his front and he kind of froze for a second, and so did I, and then he toddled off. :) Am proud of myself and happy for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Don't get me wrong. Normally someone pressing the pedestrian crossing button and then been too distracted to actually cross the road would have me waving fist at them from the car window.

But this morning it was two old fellows. In the 70s probably. They obviously were very good buddies because the reason they did not notice the green man was that they were almost bent over laughing at some joke or other. Tears in the eye laughter.

Just seeing them laugh like that cheered me up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

A bit of rain for the garden, in to town for the weekly shop, no queues anywhere, and home within an hour and a half.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,106 ✭✭✭Bredabe

The speed at which older dog runs down the stairs at unsociable hour to meet her lift to dog school.
    Had been a bit concerned by her reactions that she didn't like it, turns out it's the boy driver/transport she doesn't like.
    Was far from a specially adapted dog carrier/dog school she was born lol, gas creatures terriers.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

A good week at work!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

My mam got a Paul Costello mug today in Dunnes and now she thinks she's really fancy and keeps looking at it. She just told me there to "take a selfie of me with my mug". :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Turned off the TV tonight and listening to the radio with a bottle of red..today FM is playing one favourite after another..loving it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Getting one over on a nasty dose, without having to stoop to her level.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Sitting in the windowsill in a soft breeze and listening to Alannah Myles singing ''Black Velvet'' and reading texts from a very funny man who is making me feel better about being a temporary write-off :D. (sudden, weird health problem recently)
    Her voice is amazing, I could drink it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Sitting in the windowsill in a soft breeze and listening to Alannah Myles singing ''Black Velvet'' and reading texts from a very funny man who is making me feel better about being a temporary write-off . (sudden, weird health problem recently) Her voice is amazing, I could drink it!

Strange she disappeared as quickly as she arrived. Though way back when, that she would going for years but guess that's the music biz! Still such a powerful song.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

FanadMan wrote: »
    Strange she disappeared as quickly as she arrived. Though way back when, that she would going for years but guess that's the music biz! Still such a powerful song.

I'm pretty weak on the music-knowledge front, I just listen to anything I think sounds good and have no idea about their lives, careers etc. I think she was a bit before my time, too. That we're not still listening to her much now seems a shame though.

I'm pretty weak on the music-knowledge front, I just listen to anything I think sounds good and have no idea about their lives, careers etc. I think she was a bit before my time, too. That we're not still listening to her much now seems a shame though.

Still have it somewhere on CD so was in my time :o Showing my age now lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Schwanz

Walking into the house to hear "Daddy!!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Lady is a tramp

My little sister comes into the kitchen, "Oh wow, I have the same top as that!"

Me: "Eh ... you used to, you mean." *cackles evilly*

The innocence of her! She won't know what's hit her now she's finally old enough for me to steal her clothes! :cool:

(I love being the big sister!)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Listening to my two girls playing together and not boxing the heads off each other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Getting one over on a nasty dose, without having to stoop to her level.

You just reminded me, and made me happy, that a certain annoying person hasn't blighted my way for a while now. Long may it last.

You just reminded me, and made me happy, that a certain annoying person hasn't blighted my way for a while now. Long may it last.

Funny thing, I recently had the same feeling. My old haunts are safe as houses for the moment. :)

Sunday mornings. Laid back day, sun shining, nice mug of coffee and John Clarke on Radio Nova.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

Got new jeans today and I love the fit.

Also after I was given a goldfish as a gift last week, I now have 7 more to keep him company and a cool fish tank :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I also got new jeans the other day, had been looking for petite bootcut jeans that fit perfectly for so long I had given up hope!

I don't ever have the reason to drive very far but today I drove up the motorway to Dublin airport to collect my aunt. A beautiful day and a chance to put the foot down :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭disco1

This time of year...yellow fields of rape seed..cherry blossom trees....a lick on the face off my dog....that first coffee in the morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

When I set my alarm and it says it's over 8 hours away <3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Lady is a tramp

Ooooh I just saw Netflix have made a new version of Anne of Green Gables! I really hope it's good ... those books are like my literary version of comfort food!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I've been looking after a sick animal these last few days, and TH to see she's returning to her normal bad tempered self.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,106 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Logged into my UK network, its closed, word has it IT'S NOT crybaby virus that caused that.
    But Irl network is working perfectly, a little "ahem" to my colleagues in Lon who assumed their system is "bulletproof"

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

I went for a walk with my dog yesterday to a place we had never been. love exploring new places and having adventures with my gal.

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    I went for a walk with my dog yesterday to a place we had never been. love exploring new places and having adventures with my gal.

I am hoping that your gal is an actual dog...not your girlfriend!

I am TH that I can nearly count down the workdays left before my holiday on two hands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Winterlong wrote: »
    I am hoping that your gal is an actual dog...not your girlfriend!

I am TH that I can nearly count down the workdays left before my holiday on two hands.

lol yes it's my dog. My girlfriend is not half as well trained! :pac:

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

On Sunday morning at about 4am I woke up in a bit of pain. Got myself some pain killers and was waiting for them to kick in.
    While I was waiting for that, my little cat came along and lay down beside my hand and started licking me. It was like she knew that I needed some TLC.
    I woke up with her curled around my hand a few hours later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,621 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Colleague at work came in to my office and asked if I was Ok. She said she noticed on Friday that I didn't seem to be myself.

I didn't tell her what was wrong but I could have hugged her for noticing and for thinking to say it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement