Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

Looking out an open door.
    Watching the rain and having a good long space-out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Bambi985

Free donuts in the lobby at work because Monday :P:P

Also, to don my narcissistic and vain hat for a second, saw a completely hideous photo of myself on facebook. Someone had tagged me in one of these photos where I was caught unawares, staring out the window wistfully, looking to my mind like a chubby potato. Some random person I've never met or heard of commented "wow, she's beautiful" underneath it. LOL at their absolute blindness or kindhearted charity, but it made me smile anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

Going to China tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Having a lovely evening before bedtime, long cool relaxing shower, my "special occasion" shower gel and body souffl? afterwards. All exfoliated and moisturised. Jumping into my bed with fresh sheets and the smell of lenor wafting from them. Candles lit, laying in bed watching Netflix just winding down and feeling good. It's amazing how much a shower and fresh bedsheets can do for a mood

• Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Bambi985 wrote: »
    Also, to don my narcissistic and vain hat for a second, saw a completely hideous photo of myself on facebook. Someone had tagged me in one of these photos where I was caught unawares, staring out the window wistfully, looking to my mind like a chubby potato. Some random person I've never met or heard of commented "wow, she's beautiful" underneath it. LOL at their absolute blindness or kindhearted charity, but it made me smile anyway.

This makes me happy. I love mad things like this. :). Post of the Day right here!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

It's not even 9am and I've the house spotless.

/auld wan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

I've been having a tough time in work since a promotion. I mean, it's a great opportunity but I am under a lot of pressure to perform to a very high standard (nothing wrong with that I suppose). But anyway been feeling a little sore. A manager (not mine) asked me to have a chat earlier and he wanted to give me some friendly advice that he thought I might use and he told me that he thought I was doing a great job and that it wasn't easy to study and work at the same time. I actually started crying which I guess belongs in the TTTAY thread, but it was my own fault because I'd been putting so much pressure on myself. It was so nice to hear kind words, and also hilarious when he told me I am the second woman he has made cry so far this week and it is only Tuesday! :P:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,410 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Lucyfur wrote: »
    It's not even 9am and I've the house spotless.

/auld wan

960.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Riddle101 wrote: »
    960.jpg

There's a glass left in a bottle and the only thing stopping me is the fact that it's been sitting there 2 weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Lucyfur wrote: »
    There's a glass left in a bottle and the only thing stopping me is the fact that it's been sitting there 2 weeks.

A good person would use that glass in a nice beef bourguignon.
    A bold one would drink it and take their chances.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

I started the couch to 5km training 4 weeks ago and I had never done anything more than a fast walk previously and didn't think it was for me tbh...I've just done 4km with very little rest times and for the first time I didn't feel like I was about to die..I've a bit to go yet but I just feel so good about it right now...pace is very slow but I'll get there.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I'm eating a bounty bar and drinking a hot chocolate. Perfect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I'm eating a bounty bar and drinking a hot chocolate. Perfect.

Aw yum.

I haven't had either of those things in forever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

The heat in the front room this evening, after the sun on it all day. Cosy.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Aw yum.

I haven't had either of those things in forever.

I'm not going to lie, I'm tempted to eat another Bounty. But not another hot choclate.....because I got a big mug and made a DOUBLE one in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

TH it turned out such a lovely evening here in the South East with the most perfect sky, little fluffy clouds and all.

I got to paint a second coat on three planters I had started before the rainy spell, and very very happy I cleared off (well, started anyway) briars from around a little apple tree I thought had died, and it's alive ! It's got withered flowers on it, so really hoping for apples.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Just been out for a walk and it is so beautiful. Lovely sunset and a corncrake is giving it wellies! Hope there is a mate out there somewhere for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Schwanz

Clocking off

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

My neighbour built a wall, but didn't cap it. Now birds have nested in the gate piers. I hear the baby birds cheeping their heads off as I walk by every morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

madmaggie wrote:
    My neighbour built a wall, but didn't cap it. Now birds have nested in the gate piers. I hear the baby birds cheeping their heads off as I walk by every morning.

Baby birds can be noisy wee feckers :D - especially magpie babies. Have a nest right beside the house and they don't shut up all day. Feel sorry for the parents!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭Vela

Sorbet ice cream when I'm sick.
    :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

Landed in Beijing! Hi guys from PEK!

Breathtakingly rousing - absolutely powerfully. World class. I could take on the world after listening to this. If this is the talent among amateurs/full-time students in just one university, we seem to be missing people who will let the world know about it/market it.

#inspireireland. #inspiretheworld.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,621 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Breathtakingly rousing - absolutely powerfully. World class. I could take on the world after listening to this. If this is the talent among amateurs/full-time students in just one university, we seem to be missing people who will let the world know about it/market it.

Ummm. That's pretty cool.

You know there's drugs involved don't you?

2:32. Don't tell me there isn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

#inspireireland. #inspiretheworld.

Amazing. Thank you for sharing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Being able to take sick days. I usually never take a sick day, but tomorrow I'm going to chill out in bed and look after myself, even though I only have a sore throat and I'm not going to feel guilty.

Maple Syrup on porridge makes me uber happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

I park on a stretch of road sometimes if I take the luas, and there are about 7 cars who have the same idea. If I get there too late there "is not enough space" for me to park.

That's in quotations because there clearly is enough space, but the **** leave so much space between each car that where there are 7 cars there could actually be 9. This is not leaving a little bit of space so they don't get blocked in. No. This is deliberate, calculated meanness. The spaces are always just not quite big enough for a car. It drives me mad.

Anyway, this morning I left early to get there before the last of the numpties. Sure enough there was space for 2 cars left. I gleefully parked right smack bang in the middle of it. :D:D:P:P

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

The burst of energy you get after being sick for a few days. I want to go everywhere and I want to do ALL the things! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭Glenster

When the sexy accountant from upstairs comes down and crouches down beside me at the desk to talk through something.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement