Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

73Cat wrote: »
    Some retail therapy with my One4all vouchers.

What did ya buy?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

kfallon wrote: »
    What did ya buy?

Clothes! I had thrown out so many I was almost indecent :)

73Cat wrote: »
    Clothes! I had thrown out so many I was almost indecent :)

Nothing wrong with indecent ;)

My couch on evenings where I am cream crackered makes me very, very happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

kfallon wrote: »
    Nothing wrong with indecent ;)

My couch on evenings where I am cream crackered makes me very, very happy!

The phrase "cream crackered" makes me TH :D

The phrase "cream crackered" makes me TH :D

TY - I thought it was more refined than 'bollixed' :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭jennyhayes123

First morning in a few weeks where I've not had loads on. No alarm set for tmrw. Yay

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

I just got the go-ahead for something. I was braced for a 'no'. I took a deep breath before I opened the email. I just had to contain a ''SQUEEE!'' !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,106 ✭✭✭Bredabe

My red dog sitting on the tiles "protecting the garden" from rodents/next door/ferals/foxes.
    The guard dog, indoors on the sofa giving his inner eyelids a good inspect.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

When the house is spic and span inside and out. Windows open and fresh air blowing through.
    It will be like this for about 30 minutes before the dust/bird poo/hair/insects recommence their war of attrition with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

My goddaughter. I gave her an outfit I made for her today and she's delighted. I can do cool stuff with her, take her to interesting places and teach her stuff, without having the stress and disrupted sleep of a small child myself.
    I like that she's a ''slugs and snails and puppy dog's tails'' kind of girl.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

Just renewed my passport online, took no longer than 15 minutes and it'll only take 2 weeks or so to arrive. Happy days :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

Tried ordering some things online yesterday evening and the site kept returning to summary page. Got my friends to try too with no luck.

Just went back into site there and it still had my items in shopping bag and transaction went through fine but one of the itemd was reduced today :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Some girl in my Facebook friends likes to put up pictures of food she has made. She will always writes the ingredients and method underneath.
    The last line always reads something like
    "Then just pop it in the oven at 180 for 50 minutes and... walla!!!"

Walla. It cracks me up every time :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

Finding the perfect pressie for someone when you're not even looking for one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

How lovely and soft my skin feels after a facemask

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Opening a drawer full of stuff, and the thing I'm looking for is right there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭Pwindedd

When I collapse into bed of an evening and my dog paws at the covers to say "let me in then" and then snuggles up under the covers. She likes to be the little spoon :-) !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Saint Brigid's Crosses Spinners is givin' me a giggle lol.. :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

A goood cuddle

• Registered Users Posts: 4,106 ✭✭✭Bredabe

TH'ed that a jack ass who meanly commented on an expression I used in public, didn't know what it meant when asked.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Tame robin still feeding from my hand but now is carrying food to two babies! So cool watching them being fed. Beaks wide open and squaking loud tiil they get some food. Have to get a video of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

pot limit omaha and a good powerful fart

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,845 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

FanadMan wrote: »
    Tame robin still feeding from my hand but now is carrying food to two babies! So cool watching them being fed. Beaks wide open and squaking loud tiil they get some food. Have to get a video of them.

I should post this in the TA thread 'cause I'm very envious (first Srameen, now you too, FanadMan!!!), but that's just too adorable. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

3 short work weeks ahead \0/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Had to visit my mams cousin in hospital this evening. As luck would have it, he was in the ward my father was on when he passed away. I couldn't wait to get out of there, but as I was leaving the nurse and care assistant came in to do blood pressures. I recognised her straight away, she was the one (I wrote about before) that took care of me the two nights he spent in hospice. My heart did that skippy thing and I wanted to get out of there as fast as I could and as I was walking past her, she touched my arm, said hello, good to see me, how have things been since and glad I'm keeping well.

That was just shy of 4 years ago, she's nursing on the ward where people must die constantly (hospice), she just did her job that night. Another face from another family member but she remembered, and she took the time to ask how I was.

That made me happy in a weird sort of way.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,626 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

That was just shy of 4 years ago, she's nursing on the ward where people must die constantly (hospice), she just did her job that night. Another face from another family member but she remembered, and she took the time to ask how I was.

It's that type of care and attention I think of when talking about nurses and their pay.

It helps the patient and the family to know that the person looking after them is so compassionate.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

This evening I introduced my 4.5 and 7year old to a classic Laurel and Hardy. The belly laughs out of them were music to my ears.

Today I finished the second part of my course. The instructor was excellent in both their knowledge, delivery and implementation. It made a huge difference. On top of that they were really lovely person also. Roll on part 3!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

Had to visit my mams cousin in hospital this evening. As luck would have it, he was in the ward my father was on when he passed away. I couldn't wait to get out of there, but as I was leaving the nurse and care assistant came in to do blood pressures. I recognised her straight away, she was the one (I wrote about before) that took care of me the two nights he spent in hospice. My heart did that skippy thing and I wanted to get out of there as fast as I could and as I was walking past her, she touched my arm, said hello, good to see me, how have things been since and glad I'm keeping well.

That made me happy in a weird sort of way.
    Testament to all those in a caring profession, made me TH to read this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Pwindedd wrote: »
    When I collapse into bed of an evening and my dog paws at the covers to say "let me in then" and then snuggles up under the covers. She likes to be the little spoon :-) !

Aw, mine too! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

My niece had her communion yesterday. I had a few drinks. She stayed with me last night. I wasn't hungover this morning either. Just a bit tired. Had a great day yesterday too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement